Issues with making dining reservations

I was able to get every reservation and every time we wanted over the phone! Thank goodness!

This is a super sucky issue, Disney... get your life together. :eeyore:

Pretty annoying! I have tried on and off all day to make any reservations and keep getting error messages as well. I was just curious, though...when you try to book a time and get an error message, do you think the time slot you selected is blocked temporarily? I ask because I was trying to book a 2:00 lunch time at Homecomin' and saw a 1:30 and a 2:10 available. The first time, I tried to take the 2:10. After I got the error message, I tried from MDE and saw the 1:30 but not the 2:10. After THAT errored out, I tried opening Microsoft Edge, and now neither slot is available! It is only showing me a 3:00! I suppose it's possible that someone else is booking them while I'm trying, but I find it more likely that Disney somehow puts those time slots "on hold" and then re-releases them when the booking isn't completed. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this?

Meanwhile, I'll keep trying to book our other ADRs :badpc:

Pretty annoying! I have tried on and off all day to make any reservations and keep getting error messages as well. I was just curious, though...when you try to book a time and get an error message, do you think the time slot you selected is blocked temporarily? I ask because I was trying to book a 2:00 lunch time at Homecomin' and saw a 1:30 and a 2:10 available. The first time, I tried to take the 2:10. After I got the error message, I tried from MDE and saw the 1:30 but not the 2:10. After THAT errored out, I tried opening Microsoft Edge, and now neither slot is available! It is only showing me a 3:00! I suppose it's possible that someone else is booking them while I'm trying, but I find it more likely that Disney somehow puts those time slots "on hold" and then re-releases them when the booking isn't completed. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this?

Meanwhile, I'll keep trying to book our other ADRs :badpc:
I've noticed the same thing. It's super frustrating and I'm willing to bet is part of this whole MDE system glitch/issue. I really hope this doesn't carry over to making FP's!

I've noticed the same thing. It's super frustrating and I'm willing to bet is part of this whole MDE system glitch/issue. I really hope this doesn't carry over to making FP's!
Holy buckets, I hope booking FPs is easier than this!

I managed to book a dinner for our arrival day, but now I refreshed the page in Chrome and the calendar won't even let me select beyond the 180 day mark! I was JUST able to do it, why not now?! I'm on hold with Disney and I wanted to at least be able to look at available times! :headache:

So I sat on hold for about 30 minutes until I got a very nice CM who told me the restaurants must not have released their hours for September and that was why I couldn't book them. I explained that I was able to see the available time slots online but I kept getting error messages in the app and on the website. She tried looking at two separate restaurants on two separate days and said she couldn't see any available times, so it must be a computer glitch and suggested I try again tomorrow. I thanked her for her help, took the survey, and hung up. I'm frustrated, but luckily none of the ADRs I wanted are OMGGOTTAHAVEIT, so I guess I will try again later and utilize the Touring Plans reservation finder if I don't get the times I want. :confused3

Keep in mind that depending on what time you're looking for with making dinner reservations, that if you're looking for meals on party nights (Aug-Dec) that the MK will close early and the ADR's for those days will end early too.

Keep in mind that depending on what time you're looking for with making dinner reservations, that if you're looking for meals on party nights (Aug-Dec) that the MK will close early and the ADR's for those days will end early too.
And I don't think they've released any dining reservations at MK past 2:30 yet, at least for September.

It appears that this problem may have been fixed. I was having trouble starting last Thursday and continuing into yesterday. Last night I called the DVC line and got the important dining reservations for the rest of my September trip. I explained to them the problem, they signed onto my account and took a screenshot of the error messages and forwarded them on to IT and said they would elevate it to the executive team. When I signed on today to try to book a breakfast reservation for my last day I had no problems, the system seems to be back to normal.

My 180 was today and logged in on my iMac, but shortly after found Firefox to be slow and not working. It has been acting goofy as of late anyhow I grabbed my iPad and made them on the app. they did appear and I printed my hard copy of the ressies. Tuesday I have to make the rest , so we will see what happens.

Does it now seem to be working for 180+10? Our 180 day mark is Monday, and I'd love to not have to call in.

My 180 day mark is Tuesday, and it would be so great if I can do it all online!

Worked for me just now to get the reservations I wanted for 180+4. Have to wait till Wednesday to complete the rest due to a split stay. I used my laptop as the app was giving me error messages.

I've been having big problems with the MDE app. When I try to search for a specific reservation (let's say Chef Mickey's), it tells me at the bottom "Please Try Again. We're having trouble loading this screen." I can search for reservations up to 180 days, but when I was making reservations for our September trip, I couldn't do it in the app. It wasn't recognizing our on-site hotel reservation, I guess. I had to open MDE in the Safari browser (I almost exclusively use my phone and save my computer for work only) and book dining that way. It takes much longer to do it in a browser than in the app. Anyone else having problems with dining reservations in the MDE app?

I've been having big problems with the MDE app. When I try to search for a specific reservation (let's say Chef Mickey's), it tells me at the bottom "Please Try Again. We're having trouble loading this screen." I can search for reservations up to 180 days, but when I was making reservations for our September trip, I couldn't do it in the app. It wasn't recognizing our on-site hotel reservation, I guess. I had to open MDE in the Safari browser (I almost exclusively use my phone and save my computer for work only) and book dining that way. It takes much longer to do it in a browser than in the app. Anyone else having problems with dining reservations in the MDE app?
Yes, that's the problem I was having. Still glitchy but am able to use Chrome on my laptop to book finally.

I was able to do all of our days this morning online. I checked something in the app and it seemed to be working too, although I did all of the reservations actually in chrome. Only problem I had was in trying to book a ROL package breakfast at Tusker House. It would show the times available, but when I hit the button nothing would happen. I went ahead and just made a TH reservation figuring I could call in and have the ROL added.

I booked all mine yesterday morning - all 14 of them. I started with my top priorities and worked my way down. I started with MDE on my iPad, and got my first two (BOG for a party night dinner that we already have tickets for and Cali Grill during fireworks) and got my email confirmations. Then the page wouldn’t load. So I switched to MDE on my phone and got another six reservations before it stopped working. I switched to the desktop and finished making my last six reservations. In the end I got all the restaurants I wanted for the ideal dates and times but had to use three different devices to do so.

I made all of mine this morning using the App on my phone. It was SO EASY! The app was great, while my computer was having issues loading the page. It also was not a problem booking all 6 nights of reservations. The thing I was most surprised about was that it was easier to get a BOG reservation, than it was for T-REX.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter