Issues with making dining reservations

Anyone else have issues as of late?

My day is tomorrow and just wondering.

I did a test run this morning and was amazed at how fast stuff gets snagged (or was already snagged).

I've never booked this far out, and used to think it was some luxury, but now it's freaking me out.

;p

Anyone else have issues as of late?

My day is tomorrow and just wondering.

I did a test run this morning and was amazed at how fast stuff gets snagged (or was already snagged).

I've never booked this far out, and used to think it was some luxury, but now it's freaking me out.

;p
I just booked mine within the last two weeks, and I did not have any issues. All of mine were booked through the app on my phone. I started with what I thought would be the hardest to get first and then the rest. In the end I got BOG lunch, O’hana, Sci-Fi, Akerhus breakfast, just to name a few. Best of luck to you!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. ;)

I would love to just use my phone, and will have a computer and land line available for back up.

Can't believe I'm making such a deal about this, but it really tests my organization skills. ;p

Your list sounds great.

I'm looking for similar places.

Do you by chance try for any PPOs?

I was considering trying the one for Norway, but not getting hopes up.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. ;)

I would love to just use my phone, and will have a computer and land line available for back up.

Can't believe I'm making such a deal about this, but it really tests my organization skills. ;p

Your list sounds great.

I'm looking for similar places.

Do you by chance try for any PPOs?

I was considering trying the one for Norway, but not getting hopes up.
I did not try for any PPOs, because my family wanted to sleep in a little. :) My husband wanted a sit down dinner every night, so other places I got were: Boma, Teppen Edo, Biergarten, T-Rex, and whispering canyon.

Last edited:
I was very surprised at how easy this was.

I don't know why I always freak myself out about these types of things.

I had the best experience with the computer. The app for the phone isn't as easy to narrow down your search, but works.

I’m glad it went smoothly for you. Did you get everything you wanted at the times you wanted?

I did!

BOG lunch
La Hacienda for Illuminations (now I'll cross my fingers for a table by a window)
H&V lunch
PPO Norway
Crystal Palace late dinner
Olivia's before MNSSHP

I made some changes from our original plan as some places weren't available for our times wanted, but I couldn't be happier with our end result.

Always have a back up plan is my rule of thumb.

Also, as time went on it seemed that more places had additional openings.

I didn't see a 8:55 at CP when I first searched, but it popped up 20min later as I was trying to fine tune the time slot for Jungle Canteen. I clicked to reserve the CP, and it cancelled the JC for me and added the CP.

It's a great system imo.

It was actually exciting!

Thanks for asking!

I did!

BOG lunch
La Hacienda for Illuminations (now I'll cross my fingers for a table by a window)
H&V lunch
PPO Norway
Crystal Palace late dinner
Olivia's before MNSSHP

I made some changes from our original plan as some places weren't available for our times wanted, but I couldn't be happier with our end result.

Always have a back up plan is my rule of thumb.

It was actually exciting!

Thanks for asking!

That’s great, yay!

Super advice. I will make a plan B. I love that you got BOG lunch. That’s on my list.

Have fun at MNSSHP!

That’s great, yay!

Super advice. I will make a plan B. I love that you got BOG lunch. That’s on my list.

Have fun at MNSSHP!

That BOG lunch was another one that popped up that wasn't there at 6amEST.

I went for the PPO first, and then searched BOG. Nothing really worked for my times wanted.

10min later BOG lunch popped up for 12:15.

I'd say the 6am start is crucial for the one/ones you really want, and the best window for the others is at least 45 minutes from that point as things seem to just pop up.

Also, don't freak yourself out by looking at what's a available for days and times before.

I did a test run and got the impression that my list was completely useless. Or that it would be a miracle to get anything I'd wanted.

Not the case.

Never give up as they say.

Last edited:
That BOG lunch was another one that popped up that wasn't there at 6amEST.

I went for the PPO first, and then searched BOG. Nothing really worked for my times wanted.

10min later BOG lunch popped up for 12:15.

I'd say the 6am start is crucial for the one/ones you really want, and the best window for the others is at least 45 minutes from that point as things seem to just pop up.

Also, don't freak yourself out by looking at what's a available for days and times before.

I did a test run and got the impression that my list was completely useless. Or that it would be a miracle to get anything I'd wanted.

Not the case.

Never give up as they say.
I’m so glad you got what you wanted! It’s still crazy to me that you have to pick reservations so far out.

I’m so glad you got what you wanted! It’s still crazy to me that you have to pick reservations so far out.

I agree.

But I like to plan, and I was never able to make reservations this far in advance before, so it will help fine tune my days at parks and the resort in a way I wasn't able to use before.

It's a double edge sword.

Like anything else I guess.

So you can get on at 6am on the 180 day mark online, but if your calling in its 7am? I just want to make sure I'm understanding! I usually don't worry so much, but the kids want a hard to get one this time. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter