It is all about the kids......what can I sneak in for my wife?

techimike

Earning My Ears
So I have a habit of planning vacations and my wife would choose exotic lands or European trips. My girls are 10 and 8 and I really wanted to give them the great Disney experience I never got. We did go 4 years ago but they don't remember much. Anyhow I want to do something for my wife while we are there but just can't put my finger on it. Are there any things you as a mom/woman would love if you got to choose? I want to surprise her with something. Thanks in advance.

So I have a habit of planning vacations and my wife would choose exotic lands or European trips. My girls are 10 and 8 and I really wanted to give them the great Disney experience I never got. We did go 4 years ago but they don't remember much. Anyhow I want to do something for my wife while we are there but just can't put my finger on it. Are there any things you as a mom/woman would love if you got to choose? I want to surprise her with something. Thanks in advance.

Fantasmic Pkg at Hollywood Brown Derby-great meal & good seats for Fantasmic with out long waits. Sleep in one morning and meet you and the kids later. My own mickey bar-sounds silly but kinda nice not sharing.

Or Have the kids go to a kids club and enjoy time with you-either a dinner or adult park time.

If you have the time -- try to arrange for child care (Disney offers the service) and take her to a special dinner at one of the animal kingdom lodge restaurants -- the resort will transport you away from the parks, give you a different experience and might feel like you are in an exotic location with the African theme and the savannah. There might be a minimum time frame for the child care, but from what i have heard kids usually enjoy their time too, so no need to feel bad about having a little couples time.

If you can't snag a special reservation then you still do the child care and just the two of you hit the countries in epcot - you can drink or sample your way around the countries. It is tough to really appreciate the countries with kids

An evening without the kids for sure! It doesn't really matter what you do whether it's exploring Epcot world showcase without whining kids or a fancy dinner, it's just nice tonbe kid free for a few hours.

Important question

My DH would take our DD to the pool for a while, which gave me peace to do whatever I wanted. Sleep, soak in the tub, go shopping, whatever I felt like. It always meant the world to me to have a few hrs to myself for a while; especially because in the parks I always deal with DD.

On my own, I would to go to the spa at GF! But I also always appreciate a date night!

Is there something your wife specifically likes to do on other vacations?

In the parks - if there's an attraction so she really wants to do or something to see, make sure you do it. For me it was taking some time to stroll around the countries without the kids clamoring for rides (they got snacks from the countries).

Some other suggestions - flowers to the room or a cake delivery to room or restaurant (or a glass of champagne to relax to after the kids go to sleep). Some spa time.

1. Sign your kids up for the kid's club or in-room babysitting and take momma out for dinner at a nice restaurant like California Grill, Narcooses, Yatchsmen Steakhouse, (or Turf Club if you're looking to save money).
2. Surprise her with a trip to the spa at Grand Floridian. Again, if you'd prefer to go with her, you can sign the kids up for the club or in-room babysitter.
3. A small, but delightful surprise would be an in-room celebration. You can order chocolates and champagne I believe. Just call up Disney and ask, they'll have a more "romantic" package delivered to your room.

If you gave more of an idea of your wife's interests, we might be able to hone our suggestions down - there's just so much to do there!

I know I would like the following:

Afternoon Tea at GF followed by a spa treatment at the GF spa

Dinner at Cali Grill (stay and watch the fireworks) with or without the kids (there's a kids club close by at Poly). You could also turn this into a "monorail crawl". I like starting at Trader Sam's for drinks (great special effects and antics. Kids are welcome until 8 pm if you want to take them along), a visit to GF and then dinner at Cali. When we did it, we then ended our night at the MK fireworks dessert party.

Date night in EP WS (take a stroll, look in the shops and have a special dinner). We really enjoy Spice Road Table and Monsieur Paul. Again, you could do this with or without the kids (there is a kids' club at BC just behind the EP IG entrance called Sandcastle Club)

Get her a princess romatic package from Disney floral. http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandg...ishromanceyourlove.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

That or if you go to Cinderella's Royal Table you could get her one of the glass slipper desserts or something like that.

I did this for my wife on our 20th anniversary. They delivered it to the room while we were at the park so it was there when she walked it. Note, if there's alcohol in the basket, and adult has to sign for it.

A family photo session at your favorite resort. I loved ours at the Poly. But you have to book early and plan coordinating outfits! You can use the Disney people or find a local photographer who does nice work. Some mini-sessions can be 15-30 minutes, so they don't cut into your day, and be very affordable.

OK this may sound strange but I would be absolutely over the moon if my husband booked a fishing excursion on Bay Lake as a surprise for me. There's just something about being out on the water and seeing the Magic Kingdom from a different point of view.

Things outside the parks depending upon what she is into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

Thank you all for the replies. I have a lot more to think about than I thought. All great ideas. Really looking forward to this trip!!!!

A lovely date dinner or spa treat at The Grand Floridian resort. To me - as a woman, I say go "romantic" - she'll remember it forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!