It looks like rain. How is US/IOF?

Rob_b

Mouseketeer
I will be at US/IOA on 8/14 - 8/15.

I just check the weather and it looks like rain. How are the parks? What will close?

We will also be there, arriving on the 14th. But I think the weather looks like typical Florida weather for this time of year. Late afternoon TS, will cool everything down for a couple of minutes. There are no active tropical disturbances at this time in the Atlantic, and tha's where the all day rains would come from.

It rained nearly the whole time we were at USF last week. Not thunderstorms, just constant drizzle. As far as I could tell, nothing closed during the rain. I could be wrong about this, but I don't remember anything being closed. I know some things shut down during thunderstorms with lightening, but we didn't experience that. And, the last day we were there the sun came out and it got reeeeaaallly hot so we realized that clouds and drizzle weren't really a bad thing after all. Just take a poncho and go for it. At Universal Studios, most everything is inside anyway so you only have to be in the rain going from place to place. Earl, CoasterFEV and IOAtech can speak to what, if anything, closes during rain better than I can.

Nan

sun in the am and possible scattered thundershowers in mid to late afternoon. like NAN said take a poncho and get with the program. it actually could rain in studios and be dry in IOA. welcome to florida:smooth:

All outdoor rides close if lightning is about 5 miles away from the parks. Otherwise, if it rains and there is no lightning, rides will continue to run. Break out the poncho and ride the Hulk! :)

Tropical storm Barry hit while we were there for five days. We thought it was great coming from Texas and the heat. Since you are having a heat wave in NY you will welcome the rain also. They sell these great ponchos at both parks for about $5. If you wear glasses take a visor or hat so you won't be constantly wiping your glasses off. We found when it was raining, people started leaving which was great for us. When it wasn't raining, the humid Florida weather was sure hot, so bring on the rain.

You'll love it either way. Just think of the rain as liquid sunshine.

After this week I want it to rain.

96 Yesterday
98 Today

Only 4 more days.

NO RAIN ALLOWED NEXT TWO WEEKS. IT HAS BEEN HIGH 90'S ALL WEEK HERE IN CENTRAL PA. AND I LOVE IT, SURE BEATS 0 AND SNOW IN WINTER. WANT THE SAME NEXT TWO WEEKS FOR HRH AND CRUISE, IF YOU DON'T WANT HEAT IN FLORIDA DON'T GO IN AUGUST!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter