-It Takes People To Make The Dream A Reality- DCP Summer 2018 Highlights Trip Report! (COMPLETE 6/6!)

I would have died getting to meet Snow and the Queen together!! So awesome!

And very cool that you got to meet Silvermist!! Is there only one fairy that meets in Pixie Hollow now? I remember when I went it was both Tink and a visiting fairy!

SEA WORLD AND DISNEY AND PUTT-PUTT GOLFIIIINNNNNGGGGG
:lovestruc:lovestruc

What a fabulous start to the day!! (minus the ripped seam. Ugh!) Awesome to see Snow and the Queen in the same place. I would have flipped out, too! And very exciting you got to meet Silvermist! Way back in 2009 when we visited Pixie Hollow in WDW, we met Iridessa, but she's the only fairy I've ever met besides Tink!

I would have died getting to meet Snow and the Queen together!! So awesome!

I wasn't sure how I would feel about it but in the end it was pretty cool.

And very cool that you got to meet Silvermist!! Is there only one fairy that meets in Pixie Hollow now? I remember when I went it was both Tink and a visiting fairy!

Yup, it's only one now and it's normally just Tink. Again, they probably could do two since Fawn tended to go between being by the teapot and the mushroom, but it's down to just one unfortunately, but sometimes they'll rotate through two or three throughout the day. You just have to check the Disneyland app.

What a fabulous start to the day!! (minus the ripped seam. Ugh!) Awesome to see Snow and the Queen in the same place. I would have flipped out, too! And very exciting you got to meet Silvermist! Way back in 2009 when we visited Pixie Hollow in WDW, we met Iridessa, but she's the only fairy I've ever met besides Tink!

That was... ugh. And it took me forever to finally go and fix it, but it's fixed now so hopefully I won't have this situation again. *knock on wood*

Snow and the Queen will never not have me shook.

Oh wow! I'm so jealous you met Iridessa. Although Rosetta is my fave, I love Dessa too and she's one of three I have yet to meet (the other two being Vidia and Terrence). Maybe one day. Probably will have to do a RunDisney event for them since I've seen them get pulled onto the route before. :thumbsup2

Oh wow! I'm so jealous you met Iridessa. Although Rosetta is my fave, I love Dessa too and she's one of three I have yet to meet (the other two being Vidia and Terrence). Maybe one day. Probably will have to do a RunDisney event for them since I've seen them get pulled onto the route before. :thumbsup2
I was thinking I'd meet more fairies when I did the runDisney 5K and 10K last year for marathon weekend! Those really were some of the best character meets I've ever had! Genie in his Goofy hat was #1 on my list. I seriously cried when I met him!

A Photographic Stroll Around Fantasyland
7/13/18: Millennial Pink and Moon Dust

I was already feeling a little tired after all those meets so I decided to have some me-time and just wander taking photos of my surroundings around Fantasyland. I mean, Disneyland's Fantasyland is incomparable. Must be seen to be believed. I first saw Alice and Hatter walking by so I followed them and began my little photographic journey through the most magical of kingdoms.

Eventually veering off into the center of Fantasyland, past Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

...to Excalibur, still stuck in the stone. But so photogenic.

From there, I decided to go visit my favorite spot, Snow White's Wishing Well.

Yes, I did lay on the ground for that last one. COMMITMENT.

From the bridge, I noticed Alice and Hatter heading on back to Main Street past Pixie Hollow so I got one very Wonderland-esque shot that I adore. If certain photos could encapsulate Disneyland perfectly, these would be it.

Also, note Gideon walking about in that second photo. He was out walking today but I already met him and Longfellow once before so I didn't bother. I believed I waved hi this time around and went on my way.

I turned back from getting those photos to take some through the gorgeous flora surrounding the castle.

I felt fulfilled by my photoshoot so I decided to hit up Main Street to see what was going on around there. It was pretty barren when I got there. Most characters were powdering their nose, adjusting their ties, doing doggy duty, etc. etc. but then I went out to the front of the train station and found a few out there. I believe it was Snow or Cindy then Cruella De Vil. Maybe Mickey, Minnie and Pluto came out not long after, but I made a bee-line for Cruella. She seemed to be in high spirits so I thought a photoshoot would be fun with her.

She was an absolute darling. More often than not she's a bit more judgey but today she was living for my ensemble. She loved the colors and my highlighted cheekbones. She was glad I was inspired by her. Oh I felt validated. She wanted a photo with me but I asked if I could just take some of her which she was super excited for. Oh, it was so fun. Cruella is a MODEL.

I thanked Cruella and continued to wander. I believe I might've decided to check in the Main Street shops to see if they got any Cindy spirit jerseys since I was still on the lookout. No such luck, but I was distracted by so many things I wanted to buy (the accessory/purse shop attached to the jewelry shop is a WEAKNESS). Back to Fantasyland it was!

Passing by Pixie Hollow, I noticed Peter and Hook had stopped by once again. I had only met them separately so I thought why not together? Glad I had the epiphany. The line wasn't too too long and it gave me time to make friends to take photos for me (of which I was asked the same in return). Yay for me! Such a park-going pro. Nothing interesting happened in line, at least that I can remember. Peter might've had some shenanigans but I can't pinpoint them. They were typical and hilarious. TYPICALLY HILARIOUS.

Anyways, it was my turn soon enough.

Peter was being particularly naughty today. He was throwing major shade at Tink and being weirdly nice to Hook, even though he did remind us that he still smells like Codfish. He also made fun of me, but he liked my treasure. He wished he had more of him (honestly SAME). He was so fun and I was with him for awhile, but I still asked for separate photos of just him and Hook... little did I know what I was getting with that...

Continue Here

Last edited:
45698351775_7b09e8a6d0_c.jpg

So. Much. Fun.

As you know, I want to go to Disneyland SO badly anyway! But, I think I better build in extra days just for wandering and character meeting :)

So. Much. Fun.

As you know, I want to go to Disneyland SO badly anyway! But, I think I better build in extra days just for wandering and character meeting :)

Oh for sure! Granted that's where you really fall in love with Disneyland just wandering and doing whatever. It's a park to be enjoyed casually not over-planned like WDW is.

I agree- those pics of Alice & Mad Hatter really sum up DL so well!

RIGHT??? They make me miss it SOOOO MUCH.

And I love the pics of Cruella, she is a true queen!!!

She is. A style LEGEND.

The Greatest Photoshoot Ever And Yes, I Did Stalk These Characters. Yes, It Was Worth It.
Part I

I recommend reading that last part of the chapter title in your best John Mulaney voice.

giphy.gif

Anyways, so I left off asking Hook and Peter for some photos. After having spending so much time with them they were hesitant but Peter looked at Hook then at me and was like, "Suuuuurrreee."

Well, this is how it went.

There is so much to talk about this and how brilliant it is. Like the amount of times Hook and Peter switched places in trying to hog the spotlight, the woman in the background who is a literal human statue just glaring at what is happening, but I think the thing that makes it the most amazing is I was standing on an incline near a fence with these two near on top of me and I DID NOT FALL OVER. That is skill. That is technique. Most impressive.

I thanked them, well after Peter said, "You're Welcome", got the photos for the group behind me then was on my very merry way looking back at the hilarious shots I got. Wildest photoshoot ever.

Continue Here

The Greatest Photoshoot Ever And Yes, I Did Stalk These Characters. Yes, It Was Worth It.
Part II

After Peter, I headed to Adventureland to see how the wait was for Indiana Jones or something. I can't remember. Maybe I was seeing how long the wait was for Moana but I know I went through thattaways then ended up in New Orleans Square where Captain Jack Sparrow was wandering about. He looked to be fun and I had yet to meet him at Disneyland since I had yet to pop over to the Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island where he usually is so I decided to catch up to him. He was pretty mobbed (the park got fairly busy by now) so it was difficult but eventually we were able to have a good ole chat.

Jack Sparrow. As usual, inebriated, even in a park as dry as Disneyland. But he still offered me a position on his crew (although my allegiance is with Redd) and we made a deal about the treasure we found. It was heated and took awhile, but we agreed upon a good 70/30 split (little did he know I'd probably take the 70 not the 30). I honestly wasn't as angry talking with him in the photos. I don't know, for some reason in trying to look fierce I just look mad or irritated. Oh me, oh my.

I decided not to get a photoshoot so I said bonsoir to our favorite Black Pearl captain and decided to run past his mob to the Mark Twain to see if Tiana was on the boat or not. She was getting off so I decided to follow her so I could catch her. I believe she noticed me outside but she had to get back to the restaurant so Naveen didn't burn down the place or Lottie didn't redecorate. I got some cute candids though along the way.

I eventually caught up with her right at the head of Main Street and said hello. She was oddly happy to see me as was her host. Like I expected having seen her all the way in NOS that I'd be annoyed but she was more than happy to say hello and give me a hug and a photo.

She said I needed to come see her another day where she wasn't running on back to the restaurant because after our photo she was out. The photo's lighting wasn't the greatest so if she wasn't running I'd ask for a better one but it was cute either way and editing is a thing so I made it better for Instagram easy.

After that, I went back to NOS since I knew Dr. Facilier would be coming out soon. I checked the app in my haste to catch Tiana and saw he was popping out right after her last visit on the Mark Twain. I hadn't gotten any photos with him or of him since I'd been back at Disneyland for the summer so this seemed like a golden opportunity.

I caught him with near nobody around outside the French Market. Of course, being the devil dealing Shadow Man he is, he asked what I wanted and I decided to probe him about money again. You know he's all about that so I ended up in another debate deciding on what we'd split for a sum of money. He offered his usual 60/40 but I tried to push for a 50/50 set. It was in haste and he tried to push lower so I settled for my 40%. We got a selfie as proof of our transaction (handshakes are too non-binding).

Then, I asked if he would oblige me for a photoshoot. He was more than happy and honestly was giving a whole mood during this shoot. Facilier... you have a way with posing eye-ography *wink wink*

The man. The mystery. The legend.

I thanked him for the time and reassured him I'd be back for my percent of the deal. I was not going to be conned out by him, no way.

I had had a fruitful time at Disneyland and realized I'd yet to stop by DCA so I thought, might as well be time to head over there. See what magic awaited me in my home park.

Continue Here

Last edited:
OK, way too many amazing shots of Pan and Hook for me to quote. I enjoyed those pics!! You are so talented for snapping away...and NOT falling over!!

Haha, glad you enjoyed them and again, genuinely don't know how I didn't. Disney photog gods were on my shoulders.

I love your face in this one!

Lol I looked so done in all my photos with Captain Jack.

Fabulous photos of Peter/Hook and Dr Facilier! Sounds like you had a lot of great character interactions!!

Thank you! I did. All great fun.

"We Look Like Twins!" If You Get The Reference, The Title Works

Per usual, my entry into DCA involved a bee-line all the way to Marvel land where I timed it once again for Gamora to be out with no wait so obviously I went to say hi.

Great as always seeing my favorite Avenger. She especially was taken with what she called "moon dust" on my face. So complimentary for someone so stone cold most of the time. Also, LOOK HOW FIERCE WE LOOKED ON THIS DAY.

After, I asked if I could have photos of just her. Obviously, she knew she looked good so she was not one to turn down the offer for a prime photoshoot. And PRIME, it was.

I saluted her off. Until our next mission.

On my way through Marvel Land to continue deeper into DCA, I ended up coming upon Spidey. He was mostly unbothered so I got a few candids of him just on his way to his meeting spot.

I checked to see if I hit a lucky time for waits with Guardians, but was not so lucky. I stopped by the Animation Academy to rest a moment then headed on back to Buena Vista Street where I happened to catch a little Five & Dime.

Such a fun, chill show. Goofy normally makes an appearance with them during one of the first sections but didn't so I only got photos of Dime. I tried to get photos of the rest of the band but they're pretty stagnant so the shots really don't turn out too too interesting in comparison to Dime.

When I was done listening to the jazz, I realized it was right at golden hour. The PERFECT photo-taking hour. Obviously I was going to take advantage of that, but with so many photogenic places in DCA... where did I begin?

Continue Here

Last edited:
Five & Dime looks like a fun little show! I'd never heard of it before. She reminds of Tiana a bit, or her friends who want her to go dancing maybe :)

Five & Dime looks like a fun little show! I'd never heard of it before. She reminds of Tiana a bit, or her friends who want her to go dancing maybe :)

It is really cute and yeah she does remind me a bit of Tiana. I don't think Dime knows her though. Their entertainment is of a very different style (the women who hang out with Dime are equity performers).

Five & Dime is a cute show- bummer no Goofy though!

I've seen it plenty with Goofy so it wasn't a huge loss. It was interesting to see how they did it without him though.

Disney's California Adventure Dripping In Gold Into The Nighttime

I decided to go by Mission: Breakout again since it always looked so nice at sundown. Today was no exception.

I continued on into Bugs Land where I decided as one last farewell to the land that I'd get some photos of the little statues they had out near Cars Land of the various characters from A Bug's Life. According to my mom, this was the first film I ever saw in theaters. Although I rarely watch it now, it was pretty prominent in my childhood so as much as I despised Bug's Land, something to remember it by would be nice.

Car's Land is stunning at this hour, especially in lead up to the Sh-Boom time and the neon turning on. I couldn't miss this opportunity.

I was feeling hungry about now and had a hankering for something sweet so I thought I'd try my luck with the Cozy Cone soft serve line. I tried my hand at this before and had to hop out because I had work. I had no such time constraints tonight so I could wait as long as I could. Luckily the line moved faster than before (still fairly slow and took about a half hour) and soon enough I had in my hand a nice vanilla soft serve with the orange sprinkles Cars Land is known for.

It was a race to eat it since golden hour was almost done and it was melting QUICK. Luckily I near swallow ice cream whole so I got through it, not without a stop at the bathroom to wash off the sticky. It was pretty generic quality soft serve, which I love so it all worked out. I left Cars Land and decided to go to the Pier to get photos there. My favorite most photogenic area of the park.

The sun was basically gone so I stopped with the photos since they weren't coming out as gloriously sunbathed as they would at prime golden hour. DARN YOU SOFT SERVE! Except not really. It was nearing time for Paint The Night so I went to go get on that. I first grabbed my popcorn per usual then found a spot in my usual general area. Got this photo somewhere along the way.

Stay tuned for yet ANOTHER chapter in my Paint the Night saga!

Continue Here

Last edited:
I FOUND CALIFORNIA'S KISS GOODNIGHT!

I bided more of my time before Paint by taking some glamour selfies of me and my beautiful make-up that was still there oddly enough. Lipstick just needed some re-appliance.

Lawlz

Gorj.

After waiting and near eating my way through my entire popcorn box, Paint the Night began with its proud presentation of a spectacular nighttime pageant of magic and imagination in millions of dazzling lights and astounding musical sound. Here are my favorite photos from this night!

Click to watch!

Ah, never gets old, even in just picture form.

From there, it was time to exit DCA and go on back to Disneyland. On my way out, I ended up passing this.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

They weren't taking photos as the host said, they were just waving and you could take photos of them as you passed. It was really cute and sweet. I came to find out this happened semi-regularly. You just had to catch it right and it would happen with any of the characters that come out at night on BVS. Neat-o!

The rest of my nigh at Disneyland is kind of a blank. I think I relaxed while I was there and I didn't feel like the lighting was right for more glamour shot photos so Gamora was officially the last one to take photos with.

I believe I rode Indiana Jones at some point or Pirates or BOTH. Or maybe I went to Haunted Mansion then traveled back because I went through the Adventureland shops and caught Lindsey at the cash register.

Click to watch!

I found out later that this was the call confirming that Lindsey had gotten promoted to lead. It wouldn't happen until after her program ended but she was indeed a lead lol She's still out there at this moment. Not sure if she's been moved around, but I'm jealous of her having that best life again.

Again, it's blurry aside from the photos and videos I have. I might've stopped by Tomorrowland to ride Space once or twice and then just wandered around Main Street. At some point I came across the good ole boss on his last walk. He saw me and made a point to show me some love.

Click to watch!

Awww, I found the true Kiss Goodnight. Thanks Mickey!

And thus ends a wonderful day and evening. How jam packed it was I'm still stunned. I barely even remember it being this crazy but I guess when you dress as good as I did, you're destined for that, even with a ripped seam. Unfortunately that meant it was my last day since I was afraid putting the spirit jersey in the wash too much would ruin it so one last time was for the best. I have since re-sewn it so it is in good condition. For its last appearance at Disneyland, this was a good one to have written down. Thanks Millennial Pink magic and Gamora's moon dust!

Continue Here

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!