It Takes Two, Baby; a 2017 Flower and Garden dining report *NEW dining report!*

some days I don't have the need to get dressed at all
You always keep me laughing in your reports! And this update is no exception :laughing: ;)

I don't eat seafood but he assured me the scallops were cooked however they're supposed to be and would make Gordon Ramsey proud
I used to watch Hell's Kitchen all the time and yes, messing up the scallops resulted in particular fury from Gordon! :rotfl:

We'd noticed while there that from our table we could watch the pastry chef prepare all the desserts.
Neat!

It as also right around the time we were ordering dessert we realized we could see HEA from the big windows there!
:hyper:

Something I liked was that nobody moved seats or stood by the windows in order to watch; if they had I feel it woud've taken away from the signature experience.
I completely agree. Just simply enjoying whatever moments you could from your table seems appropriate at a signature.

If you've read any of my other dining reports before you know I prefer chocolate and/or peanut butter for my sweets however I will order this over the Chocolate Banana Torte when we go back.
Yep! But what happy mistake ;)

He remembered us again this time and even asked how our 2 boys were-
That's amazing. What a fabulous bonus on top of an already fabulous meal.

Your favorite server at Citricos sounds amazing! How awesome that you got his section again and he pixie dusted you thoroughly! :)
He's the best server we've had anywhere, Disney or here! Steve is disappointed we aren't planning on going with the boys next month so I'm trying to see if we can change something around and go..........

This is interesting!! I also wouldn't have thought this. It makes sense I guess with the heat. And maybe also more young families travel in the summer (while others stay home with the heat!) and those younger kids enjoy QS and less fancy digs. Hmmm, the things you learn...
Yes, all that you said makes sense, too. We've seen kids there each time we've gone but in general, I think folks stay away with their children. And lots of families DO go in summer.

We may need to get to Citricos somtime...
You should! As soon as you start planning dining for your next trip after August :)

Citrico's has been consistently good for me! Always great food and service! It's nice to see it getting some love on the dining review boards!
It's also nice to hear from someone else who loves it! Never a negative experience there at all. Although I guess I'd like to keep it a secret lol, so we can keep getting reservations there!

How can he do that?!? I mean how many couples/families does he remember?!? If we ever make it there, I will hopefully remember to ask for him!
It amazes me! I have no idea how he does it either! Maybe he writes it all down lol. Or maybe it's because we tip really, really good :p However he does it, I hope he keeps it up! Seriously he must make lots of $$$ if he treats all or most of his customers the way he treats us :goodvibes

So happy to finally see Citricos get some love!! It has been one of our top two signature places along with Flying Fish for years. Enjoying all of your reviews!
Thank you!! Yes, usually if I see something on here about Citricos it's a negative review, or someone asking for reviews of it and half of them are negative. We went there on a whim the first time and I'm so glad we did! Flying Fish is one we haven't been to yet; we'll have to put that on our list :thumbsup2

Looks and sounds delicious, maybe someday I will step in a signature where Cinderella isn't the hostess lol!
:rotfl2: Maybe Andi will let you soon! And I say Citricos is the place to start ::yes::

The food looks really good! I don't think we'll be making it there this time, we decided to only do one signature; and we booked Yachtsman for our rest day. One day!
Well you can't go wrong with Yachtsman so that's a good choice. Maybe next time since I'm sure you'll be planning your next Disney trip REAL soon lol

Interesting. I'm also not a lime fan and never had key lime pie before. My aunt told me the other day that it doesn't taste at all like what you would think so maybe I'd like it to.
She's right, ti tastes nothing like what you think it would taste like. That's the reason I'd never had it before but it's the best mistake someone's ever made for me :laughing:

First, that pool area looks heavenly :love:
I agree. I'm not a big pool person but since it was HOT when we were looking around I kind of wanted to jump in!

The ONLY signature I've done was Yachtsman's when DH and I went in 2013, and we loved it.
We've eaten there once and loved it too! I do want to go back, but Steve always votes for Citricos and it's hard for me to disagree.

. If I can convince DH to go on more trips with me after this November, I'm putting Citrico's on the list.
You should :thumbsup2

And I'm so glad he messed up your dessert so you could try the Key Lime Pie, it's one of my favorite desserts if it's made well which it sounds like yours was.
Another reason for you to try Citricos! I'm glad he messed up too, and now I just might try it in other restaurants.

I don't think I've ever seen someone where a suit at a signature restaurant. Odd they were out in droves today. Though it sounds like you were dressed just like me. Old Navy and flipflops is totally my vibe :-)
We haven't either, I don't think, so it was weird. I didn't care, especially after my champagne and prosecco :drinking1

I'll have to give this a whirl sometime, cause anything close to Yachtsmans amazing steak has gotta be amazing.
If you do I'll take a great big THANK YOU :thumbsup2

Funny how we all eat at so many of the same restaurants, but have different experiences at them all. We've never had a bad meal at Citricos, its just never wowed us like some of the others. But I'm sure we'll be back one of these days and you may have just made that sooner :P
True. And you guys love CG but our one meal there didn't impress at all. I think it's just that quite a few factors have to line up the first time you go and they color your thoughts for the next time, and the next. But seriously you should try it again.

Great Citrico's review!
:thanks:

You always keep me laughing in your reports! And this update is no exception :laughing: ;)
I'm glad lol, I try!

Hi Ariane! Finally back and catching up on all things DIS...Citricos is next on my list of Signatures. Your meals and desserts look out of this world delicious!!!!

Coming out of lurkdom to say we love Citricos!! And we are also some of the weirdos that dress up. Heels for me, and suit and tie for husband, but that doesn't deter us from taking stupid looking selfies.

Our last visit to Citricos was around Halloween a few years back. We were able to catch parts of HalloWishes there. Sorry about the size of pics...and our goofy selfie...and grainy pics (it was 2 cell phones ago) :)
ph 3.JPG cit2.JPG

Your Citricos meal looks amazing. I'm not sure if I'd choose the scallops or the steak, but I do love me some risotto. My mom and I are trying to decide b/w Narcoossees and Citricos for our next trip and I'm so torn between them.

Hi Ariane! Finally back and catching up on all things DIS...Citricos is next on my list of Signatures. Your meals and desserts look out of this world delicious!!!!
I do hope you go there! The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am we aren't going next month. Less than 3 weeks away and I need to see if I can rearrange and fit it in.......:surfweb:

:rotfl2:Every. Single. Day.
It's ridiculous lol and they don't outgrow it!

Coming out of lurkdom to say we love Citricos!!
:welcome: I'm glad you did! And I'm glad you do :) Makes me happy to hear there's others who appreciate it.

And we are also some of the weirdos that dress up. Heels for me, and suit and tie for husband, but that doesn't deter us from taking stupid looking selfies.
LOL if it wasn't for the extra packing that would involve I might dress up too, but Steve has to dress up for work everyday so he's fine going "casual". I don't think there's anything wrong with getting all classy!

We were able to catch parts of HalloWishes there. Sorry about the size of pics...and our goofy selfie...and grainy pics (it was 2 cell phones ago) :)
Nice pics, thanks for sharing! They aren't as big as the ones I always post!

My mom and I are trying to decide b/w Narcoossees and Citricos for our next trip and I'm so torn between them.
You can't go wrong with either one, we've enjoyed Narcoossee's also. Their almond-crusted cheesecake is :cloud9:

I've gotten this every time we've gone and it never gets old. With one exception this is the BEST filet I've had down there, it's melt in your mouth heaven. The potato puree ais creamy love and the sauce is perfect. I don't eat asparagus since it's healthy for you but Steve loves it, so that always gets added to his plate.
It looks fantastic. It good that you have someone to take care of your healthy stuff. Both DW and I don't eat veggies so we always have it left on our plates. But everyone knows the green stuff is just there for decoration, right? :-)

Oh Ariane you know how much Kathy and I adore Citricos. We dined there twice in March and we had Rony on our first visit. He was outstanding. We got the filet both times so good.
Now I'm rethinking our Thanksgiving dinner at Yatchsman but we've never been. Good to know you enjoyed your steak there.
I also like the way they pour their cocktails at Citricos :drinking1:thumbsup2

Last edited:
We also loved Citrico's!!!! I basically got the exact replica of your meal (flatbread, filet) but I ordered the banana torte which I thought was ahhhhmazing! I will have to try the Key Lime next time!

Plus I pack for him so he has to wear what I've brought.

:rotfl2:

kalamata olive bread with sea salt butter

annnd i'm already sold. olive bread insures that DH will not go near it with a ten foot pole and I can have it allll to myself. Hello salted butter, let's get physical.

Oak-Grilled Beef Filet: with Potato Puree, Asparagus, Cipollini Jam, and Bordelaise

img_6250-jpg.252777

This looks incredible!

I've never had Key Lime Pie before

I'm also not a lime fan and never had key lime pie before.

You ladies are killing me.

Come here and let me make one for you. Although I can't promise it will be better than Citricos!!

After your last review of your Citricos meal I decided DH and I would have this on our list for an adults only trip...if only we could find time to make that happen :sad::sad:

Oh Ariane you know how much Kathy and I adore Citricos. We dined there twice in March and we had Rony on our first visit. He was outstanding. We got the filet both times so good.
OMG I'm so excited that you guys had Rony :banana: Now someone has conformed how amazing he is!!! I do remember that you guysloved Citiricos :goodvibes

Now I'm rethinking our Thanksgiving dinner at Yatchsman but we've never been. Good to know you enjoyed your steak there.
Unless you REALLY don't want to go there I'm sure you'll enjoy it; we've enjoyed our meals there both times. In fact Chris asks to go there every visit but if we do fit in a signature next month he'll have to settle for Citricos lol

We also loved Citrico's!!!! I basically got the exact replica of your meal (flatbread, filet) but I ordered the banana torte which I thought was ahhhhmazing! I will have to try the Key Lime next time!
I am LOVING all the love for Citricos :love: I did have the banana torte on our first visit and I agree, it was delicious. And it's actually what I initially ordered this time but thanks to Rony's awesome mistake, got to try the wonderful key lime pie!

annnd i'm already sold. olive bread insures that DH will not go near it with a ten foot pole and I can have it allll to myself. Hello salted butter, let's get physical.
:thumbsup2 Steve does love it but neither of the boys eat olives, so at least if we all go I only have to share the bread with him!

You ladies are killing me.
Come here and let me make one for you. Although I can't promise it will be better than Citricos!!
:laughing: I would be more than happy to try your key lime pie!

After your last review of your Citricos meal I decided DH and I would have this on our list for an adults only trip...if only we could find time to make that happen :sad::sad:
Well you NEED to make it happen. How about the week your boys spend with their grandparents EVERY summer????

I'm adding Citricos to my list of restaurants for my 40th bday trip next year with DH. He doesn't know that I'm planning an adult only trip yet! :rolleyes1

I do remove the kale because, well, it's kale.

Haha, you remove the kale because you're smart :)

summer is very, very slow for most signatures. He said summer visitors traditionally tend to eat mostly QS and if they do eat TS, they eat in the parks

Hmm, I wonder if summer tends to be a lot of first-timers or people who don't pre-plan for Disney properly?

I don't eat asparagus since it's healthy for you but Steve loves it, so that always gets added to his plate.

I had never tried asparagus until I started dating Luke. He made me try it, and it's a vegetable I actually like now! Although, whenever we have it at home, I have to fight off one of our cats for it - he loves it and gnaws on it if he gets the chance...

he assured me the scallops were cooked however they're supposed to be and would make Gordon Ramsey proud

Haha - I've never tried a scallop before, I'm like you and don't eat any seafood, but I know from watching Gordon Ramsey cooking shows that they are difficult to do properly.

We commented to Rony that we were just realizing you can see MK fireworks from the restaurant and he said, "Yup, every night. Every. Single. Night."

I can only imagine how repetitive it must be for those servers... the same fireworks show every night....

Which ended up being one of the most bestest desserts I've ever had!!!

I'm not much of a lime person either, but that does look amazing!

I think it's awesome that your server remembered you guys, and you were able to sit in his section!

HS MORNING AND MORE F&G

After our not so rushed morning yesterday I planned a rather early start today: EMH at HS! We didn't really spend much time there in March and between our tour, Pandora, and F&G, I was finding it hard to fit much time in there this trip. I figured doing EMH would help :)

We did manage to get there by about 7:45 and they'd started letting everyone in! We rode RnRC, TOTx2, then went to TSMM which had a 45 minute wait posted but we were on in 11. It was shortly after 9 now and we were hungry; I had no idea the cart right by Toy Story had breakfast items in the morning but they do. I got Disney's version of Universal's (blaspheme!) Big Pink Doughnut:

View attachment 254059

It was fine; fresh and sweet, which is all I needed it to be.
Steve wasn't excited about anything they had but picked a banana nut muffin:

IMG_5998.JPG

Like the doughnut he said this was fine, fresh and flavorful. A decent muffin so we were happy.
We went down past TSMM and sat to eat. They have a few tables out there with umbrellas, and we people watched as guests came around the corner from the big wall that's up blocking the construction. We then watched the preview of the new PoTC movie (which I still haven't seen) and it was awesome; and then went to take some pictures of these guys even though we're not SW fans:

IMG_3175.JPG

I have to say, even if you aren't a fan the March of the First Order is quite impressive. The noise, the intensity, it's really very cool. I will also say that I totally thought that was Darth Vader leading it until someone recently set me straight :duck:

I'd again been texting with Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey who was also in HS, and as we waited for our FP window to open up for VotLM - HS today was a last minute decision and some rides weren't available, leave me alone - we were able to meet up again:

IMG_6024.JPG

Look @ArielSRL, she has our skort lol! Her DH Steve and friend Betsy were also with her so we all chatted for a bit and then went our separate ways. All in all we saw each other 4x on that trip, including a very brief run-by at AK one day, and I'm so glad for all 4 of those times :)
At 1pm we took the Express Bus over to Epcot for some much needed lunch at the F&G booths. I actually succeeded at getting Steve to begin walking the opposite way today so he didn't start out with the sugar cane shrimp for once. Instead, our first stop was at the Berry Basket

IMG_6033.JPG

We hadn't tried anything from here in March although there was one thing I really wanted to try. I wasn't ready to get it yet; but Steve got the Lamb Chop: served with Quinoa Salad and Blackberry Gastrique:

IMG_6034.JPG

While not quite up to sugar cane shrimp status he did think this was pretty darn good! He wasn't sure of the blackberry gastrique until he tried it but felt it really brought out the flavor of the chop,and enjoyed the quinoa salad as well.

Steve was content for the moment but since all I'd had was the doughnut, I was not. We continued counter-clockwise to another booth we hadn't yet visited:

IMG_6037.JPG

Now it was my turn; I got the House Made Potato and Cheddar Biscuit which is served with Smoked Salmon Tartare:

IMG_6035.JPG

As many of you know I do not do seafood so I asked for and got the salmon tartare on the side. The cheddar biscuit was ok, a bit dry so the tartare was needed. There wasn't that much of a cheddar taste to it either but since I was getting close to starving it was good. Soft, warm, and fluffy like a kitty but more acceptable to eat. Steve tried the salmon tartare and said it was weird tasting.
I wanted to try the strawberry cider but they were out of it so instead I tried McKenzie's Black Cherry Hard Cider, which was actually cooler because it's from NY:

IMG_6036.JPG

Weird because it looks like there's a biscuit floating in the top of my cider! Anyway, I loved the cider. I was wishing for a bigger cup. I'd finished this by the time we got to like, France, and I kind of wanted to go back and get another but it was SO hot I couldn't bring myself to walk all the way back there and then turn around and walk back to where I was at that point :rolleyes1 Call me lazy but I decided to look for something else new to drink instead.

It was hard passing by France without stopping at Fleur de Lys and getting another macaron. And Onion Tart. And La Vie En Rose, but I wanted to continue trying what we'd missed so far. It was also like, the hottest day of the trip so far and walking around WS was like walking on the surface of the sun, if the surface of the sun had food and drink kiosks every few feet.
Moving forward our next stop was here:

IMG_6039.JPG

One more booth we'd missed in March and earlier this trip! I'd read a few good reports about the Carne Asada as well as the Shrimp and Stone-Ground Grits so that's what we got:

IMG_6042.JPG

Carne Asada: Served with Black Bean Cake And Cilantro Lime Sour Cream. This was another hit with me! The meat was very flavorful and the black bean cake had a little bit of a kick to it. I also didn't mind the cilantro sour cream even though to me, cilantro normally=dish soap.

At my picture limit so we'll continue in the next post :car:

Back to Florida Fresh!
Along with his shrimp and grits Steve ordered the alcoholic Watermelon Cucumber Slushy served with Tamiami Florida Gin:

IMG_6041.JPG

I drank most of the watermelon slush and my main problem with it, once again, was that the cup was too small......not Tangerine Cafe sangria cup small, but small lol. I know, it's the way the cups are at festival booths so I kid. But I loved how refreshing this was without being overly sweet. The watermelon taste was there and wasn't overpowering as was the gin flavor.
Steve enjoyed the shrimp and also liked the grits! This was as you guessed still second to the sugar cane shrimp. Nothing can come between him and that sugar can shrimp :love:

At this point we pretty much needed to 1. get out of the heat and 2. head back to the resort so we had some time to chill before our evening plans. We just kept going counter-clockwise and when we got to Norway, I noticed the Vikings were out. We've watched them a couple times and I think they way they interact with guests is hysterical. Of course I needed to stop and watch them

IMG_6047.JPG

And since I insisted on being up front, Steve got pulled into their act and was given a drum to beat:

IMG_6049.JPG

Oh oh, let me back up! When we walked by Morocco we noticed that there was like, nobody on line at their F&G food booth. This is how it was every time we'd walked by on both trips and I felt so bad for the CM's there, just standing inside, watching from the window as guests walked by enjoying treats from other, more popular booths.............so since I felt bad for them, I took a picture of the pretty potted....thing outside the food booth:

IMG_6045.JPG

Once we reached the gateway back to FW I decided to get what I'd wanted from the Berry Basket: the Warm Berry Buckle! The reason I'd avoided it up until now is because it was served warm and it was so damn hot out the thought of eating something with the word WARM in it made me sweat even more, but I knew I'd regret not trying it:

IMG_3185.JPG

OMG I can't even say if the macaron is still my favorite dessert from the festival because this was heavenly!! Warm Wild Berry Buckle: served with Pepper Berry Gelato
It looks like a cobbler and that's what it tasted like but it was the best cobbler-type dessert I'd ever had. We sat on a wall across from the jumping water area for kids to play in between FW and WS and ate this, and then caught a bus back to Kidani. Another awesome visit to the Flower and Garden festival booths in the books! Come next year I know there's no way I'll be able to pass up visiting during the festival at least once.

UP NEXT: COMIN'HOME

I will also say that I totally thought that was Darth Vader leading it until someone recently set me straight :duck:

:sad2::sad2:

I love you anyway, LOL!!

Aww!! I love seeing DisFriend DisMeets!!

Soft, warm, and fluffy like a kitty but more acceptable to eat.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::cat::cat::cat:

I tried McKenzie's Black Cherry Hard Cider,

Anyway, I loved the cider. I was wishing for a bigger cup

This sounds good! I don't care for the apple cidery hard drinks, but other fruits get mixed up in there and I get curious...I'm going to have to look for this!

Carne Asada: Served with Black Bean Cake And Cilantro Lime Sour Cream. This was another hit with me! The meat was very flavorful and the black bean cake had a little bit of a kick to it. I also didn't mind the cilantro sour cream even though to me, cilantro normally=dish soap.

I think everyone in all of the reports I'm reading has had this and I'm feeling so very, very sad. I was a Flower and Garden food failure :sad:

Watermelon Cucumber Slushy served with Tamiami Florida Gin:

I LOVED the regular version of this, and *almost* got it with the gin. I'm trying to remember why I didn't get the gin, because I really like it. I was even telling my mom about this slushy today, and feeling sad it wouldn't be at Food and Wine.

when we got to Norway, I noticed the Vikings were out. We've watched them a couple times and I think they way they interact with guests is hysterical. Of course I needed to stop and watch them

These guys crack me up! I notice they often catch guests off guard, and the guests seem so confused and aren't sure if it's a weirdo person or a Disney act, LOL!

I took a picture of the pretty potted....thing outside the food booth:

It's spices! Glued to...those foam flower arranging things??

img_3185-jpg.254359

OMG I can't even say if the macaron is still my favorite dessert from the festival because this was heavenly!! Warm Wild Berry Buckle: served with Pepper Berry Gelato

This looks incredible!! I really AM a food failure!! I obviously cannot be trusted to choose appropriate Disney foods while going solo.

Steve couldn't bring himself to get the green beer but he was happy with his High Country.

Same with my Steve...couldn't do the green beer. It's like when bars put food coloring in beer on St. Patricks day. I think he thinks it's just gross. hahaha.

img_6231-jpg.249708

Before our trip I'd read that these tasted like McDonald's cheeseburgers and, they did. But dry. I like McDonald's burgers but not in pod form, so I only ate one although it wasn't the worst thing I've ever eaten and it wasn't BAD. The veggie chips were good and had a small kick to them and the veggie slaw was also good and crunchy as advertised.

I thought it was dry too but I'd eat it again. But...where's the cheese? If it had some oozy cheese I would be much happier with it.

menu_item_image_2149-jpg.251009

Note, the sauce in the picture above isn't the chimichurri.
He loved this! He thought the meat had great taste and the sauce was fantastic, bringing it all together. He practically licked his Satu'li bowl. He thought the slaw was ok but really felt he picked the best choice on the menu and said he's order it again in a heartbeat.

Betsy got this and really enjoyed it. We stole bites from her plate and liked it too. If we were hungrier that day I'd get the same thing.
I do want to try breakfast there though and we do have the opportunity on our last full day in August to do so!

Am I missing something with the boba balls? I did see Avatar once but I can't see any connection with the movie and these balls, but first the margarita and then the bowls. Have these just made their way to Florida, because they've been around NY for awhile although I'm not partial to them. Just wondering why they've showed up in Pandora all of a sudden!

There is absolutely no connection between avatar and boba balls. Hahaha. I guess they thought it was some cool new innovative food thing, although us in New York just think its sooo last year. :rotfl:

We spent a little more time in AK, used some FP's, and were lucky enough to say hello to Su-Lynn, Steve, and their friend Betsy on our way out while they were on line for their Pandora preview.

We were so happy to see you guys!!! And it was twice that day I think! Once coming off the express bus while you were on your way to FOTLK and then once on line at Pandora. We looked like sopping wet messes I'm sure. :laughing:

Steve just follows what I do. Plus I pack for him so he has to wear what I've brought.

My Steve is like this too!! I pack for him so he has to wear what I bring. :rolleyes1

We had a 7:00 reservation at Citricos which was Steve's favorite signature even prior to this visit and now after this visit, I think I can say it's mine, also. This was our 3rd time going. It doesn't get much love and I'm not sure why but I'm letting you know now, this review is going to be oozing with love and dripping with praise and if I don't convince you all to try it by the time I'm done, then I'm not a good dining report......reporter.

I'm so excited to eat here!!!

Followed by their kalamata olive bread with sea salt butter, which is my favorite bread service on property - but now followed closely by Tiffin's pomegranate bread

YUMMMMMM

Warm Octopus Salad: Smoky Octopus paired with Chickpeas, Tomatoes, and Fluffy Potato Foam with a subtle Pepper flavor from a Basil Aioli:

img_6246-jpg.252440

He loved this also! All he kept saying was that the octopus was extremely tender. I asked if it was better than Tiffin's and he said not necessarily better; different, and he couldn't really pick which one he preferred. He loved them both equally:love:

Wow, just as good as, Tiffins, huh...I will have to try this myself!

img_6247-jpg.252441

Steve helped me eat this, not because I didn't want to finish it but because I needed to save room for my entree! The sausage on this is so good, crumbly and has so much taste. I do remove the kale because, well, it's kale. And normally I'm not a fan of cilantro but I do love the cilantro crema. Everything on this flatbread works so well together, even the kale I presume because Steve doesn't remove it form his pieces.

Oh this looks divine....:worship:

img_6250-jpg.252777

I've gotten this every time we've gone and it never gets old. With one exception this is the BEST filet I've had down there, it's melt in your mouth heaven. The potato puree ais creamy love and the sauce is perfect. I don't eat asparagus since it's healthy for you but Steve loves it, so that always gets added to his plate. As usual this did not disappoint and I had left enough room from the flatbread to eat all my meat and leave very little potatoes.

And this filet looks really good, like short ribs! Filet is not my favorite cut but I do enjoy Le Cellier's version and this one looks amazing too.

img_6249-jpg.252778

I'm thinking this wasn't the scallop dish that's regularly on the menu because it looks different than the description; looks like risotto under his scallops? And no asparagus or peas......and I want to get this update done so I'm too lazy to try searching. Anyway, he got the scallop dish before but the sauce was different, however he was ready to lick the bowl this time, too. I don't eat seafood but he assured me the scallops were cooked however they're supposed to be and would make Gordon Ramsey proud So far so good, another visit with no disappointments! Rony also kept my glass filled with prosecco and Steve was drinking his go-to Grey Goose Vodka on the rocks with olives.

Steve's scallops look delicious too. He really loves his seafood doesn't he?

img_6252-jpg.252779

Which ended up being one of the most bestest desserts I've ever had!!! And to top it off I'm not a lime fan and I've never had Key Lime Pie before. I didn't want to tell Rony he got it wrong because we love him so much and he was so happy when he placed this in front of me, telling me how popular and delicious it is, and I'm SO glad I didn't send it back. If you've read any of my other dining reports before you know I prefer chocolate and/or peanut butter for my sweets however I will order this over the Chocolate Banana Torte when we go back.

Oh wow...that looks amazing. I do like key lime pie. I've heard it's one of their specialty desserts. I will have to try that but I do want their chocolate banana torte too. :goodvibes

We rolled out of there close to 10, happily full and not quite walking straight lines. That was ok though because we were monorailing and boating it back to the WL! I don't talk $$ here on the boards but I do want to say that every time we have Rony, not only do we tip him a little more than we tip normally, we tip him more on top of that. He takes care of us. He knows that menu top to bottom, front to back. I eavesdropped on him with other tables and he's just as attentive and helpful with them as he is with us. He remembered us again this time and even asked how our 2 boys were-I don't take points off for him now remembering my stepsons because I don't know that we mentioned them! He asked Steve if he was still with Starbucks. Disney feels like "home" to us anyway but Citrocos adds to that and having a server who knows his job and knows you makes it 100x better.

And ask for Rony because he's a big tall drink of awesomeness.

I'm so excited about our dinner at Citricos! It will be on Halloween when we go, although we have an early dinner around 5pm, Wanted to go check out Fantasmic if we could that night.

I will definitely ask for Rony!!! It's like David over at Yachtsman...sooo sweet to us, and always available to say hi and bring us some extra palette cleansers :)

I'd again been texting with Su-Lynn @chunkymonkey who was also in HS, and as we waited for our FP window to open up for VotLM - HS today was a last minute decision and some rides weren't available, leave me alone - we were able to meet up again:

img_6024-jpg.254079

Look @ArielSRL, she has our skort lol! Her DH Steve and friend Betsy were also with her so we all chatted for a bit and then went our separate ways. All in all we saw each other 4x on that trip, including a very brief run-by at AK one day, and I'm so glad for all 4 of those times :)

YAY! I was so thrilled we got to meet up so many times! It was so much fun. You guys are both wonderful and we're looking forward to meeting up with you in...just about 3 weeks? Hehehe.

And yes I do have those skorts! Skorts are the best. They are my favorite park outfit!

While not quite up to sugar cane shrimp status he did think this was pretty darn good!

Nothing will surpass sugarcane shrimp....just nothing...

img_6035-jpg.254296

As many of you know I do not do seafood so I asked for and got the salmon tartare on the side. The cheddar biscuit was ok, a bit dry so the tartare was needed. There wasn't that much of a cheddar taste to it either but since I was getting close to starving it was good. Soft, warm, and fluffy like a kitty but more acceptable to eat. Steve tried the salmon tartare and said it was weird tasting.

I got this last year. I didn't get it again this year. It was interesting, but I don't think my scone was dry though.

I tried McKenzie's Black Cherry Hard Cider, which was actually cooler because it's from NY:

Duh, everything is cooler from NY.

This was as you guessed still second to the sugar cane shrimp. Nothing can come between him and that sugar can shrimp :love:

Haha see quote above...nothing will surpass sugar cane shrimp!! It's true though, it's the BEST THING I ATE at the F& G festival!

Once we reached the gateway back to FW I decided to get what I'd wanted from the Berry Basket: the Warm Berry Buckle! The reason I'd avoided it up until now is because it was served warm and it was so damn hot out the thought of eating something with the word WARM in it made me sweat even more, but I knew I'd regret not trying it:

img_3185-jpg.254359

Om man that looks so good I wanted to try it but for the same reasons you didn' want to...it was so hot!! but now I know that I should just eat everything regardless of temperature as you might find a true gem like this!!

I will also say that I totally thought that was Darth Vader leading it until someone recently set me straight :duck:

:rotfl:

I wanted to try the strawberry cider but they were out of it so instead I tried McKenzie's Black Cherry Hard Cider, which was actually cooler because it's from NY

Same thing happened to me!

Weird because it looks like there's a biscuit floating in the top of my cider!

Weird, I feel like mine looked darker too.

Yesss so yummy!

The watermelon taste was there and wasn't overpowering as was the gin flavor.

I really must've gotten a bad one. I got a non alcoholic one (maybe part of the problem :scratchin) but it was terrible! I couldn't taste the watermelon at all. But it didn't taste like cucumber really either, it was just gross.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter