It Took Two Months and Lots of Help!

Idreamodisney247

Mouseketeer
I finally made a decision on where to stay for our first DVC trip. Believe me when I say that I couldn't have done it without all your help. I know that there will be more decisions to follow, but I am so happy and at peace with where I've chosen.

The most difficult part of the decision was using all 2012/2013 and 69 points from 2014 to make this trip a reality.

Final plans:

4 nights at BLT dedicated 2 bedroom Lake View request high floor (would love to see electric water pageant)
3 nights at SSR dedicated 2 bedroom (deciding between Paddock 5101-5436, Springs near HH or CP) We will have no car, so still unsure where will be best.

I'm so excited and relieved.

Thank you all again!!!

Congrats! My fiancee and I own at SSR, only been there once but we love it's DVC dedicated feel, beautiful grounds, and proximity to DTD. We are staying at BLT for the first time this Oct for our Honeymoon and cannot wait!

Congrats! My fiancee and I own at SSR, only been there once but we love it's DVC dedicated feel, beautiful grounds, and proximity to DTD. We are staying at BLT for the first time this Oct for our Honeymoon and cannot wait!

How awesome! Do you mind if I ask which section you stayed in?

Congratulations! Now don't read about the other resorts or you'll second guess yourself :rotfl: You do know that especially at SSR, the sections are a request only? It's difficult to get your heart set on one or two areas and then find yourselves in another. When reserving SSR o OKW I always make my requests but am fully accepting of the high chance of being assigned another area.

Congratulations! Now don't read about the other resorts or you'll second guess yourself :rotfl: You do know that especially at SSR, the sections are a request only? It's difficult to get your heart set on one or two areas and then find yourselves in another. When reserving SSR o OKW I always make my requests but am fully accepting of the high chance of being assigned another area.

Oh, you had to tell me that rotfl:)

You had to tell me that! Rotfl :)

Yup.I would say I get my location requests around 50% of the time. To better your chances, do not make additional requests such as ground floor, near elevator, etc.

I finally made a decision on where to stay for our first DVC trip. Believe me when I say that I couldn't have done it without all your help. I know that there will be more decisions to follow, but I am so happy and at peace with where I've chosen.

The most difficult part of the decision was using all 2012/2013 and 69 points from 2014 to make this trip a reality.

Final plans:

4 nights at BLT dedicated 2 bedroom Lake View request high floor (would love to see electric water pageant)
3 nights at SSR dedicated 2 bedroom (deciding between Paddock 5101-5436, Springs near HH or CP) We will have no car, so still unsure where will be best.

I'm so excited and relieved.

Thank you all again!!!
If no car, the Paddock would be the best! The Springs is the last us stop, and sometimes the busses at the Springs are SRO!

LILJAN59 said:
If no car, the Paddock would be the best! The Springs is the last us stop, and sometimes the busses at the Springs are SRO!

Thank you for letting me.know that. Is it a terribly long walk to the carriage house or to high rock pool for the evening movie?

It can be a very long walk to the springs area from Congress Park, carrousel,
And some buildings in the Paddock area. I would request Paddock Pool area near the bridge OR The Grandstand close to Carriage House.
I am going over Christmas and have Requested Paddock Pool area, near bridge.
The bridge goes from the paddock pool area directly through the springs area and straight up the path to High Rock Springs Pool and The Carriage House
Take a good look at the SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT MAP. You can pull it up on the member website.

Good Luck, and have a wonderful time. pixiedust:

LILJAN59 said:
It can be a very long walk to the springs area from Congress Park, carrousel,
And some buildings in the Paddock area. I would request Paddock Pool area near the bridge OR The Grandstand close to Carriage House.
I am going over Christmas and have Requested Paddock Pool area, near bridge.
The bridge goes from the paddock pool area directly through the springs area and straight up the path to High Rock Springs Pool and The Carriage House
Take a good look at the SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT MAP. You can pull it up on the member website.

Good Luck, and have a wonderful time. pixiedust:

Thank you I will!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter