Items you wouldn't come to Disney without?!

Well, if we are talking about just what to take to the parks, a compact wallet, phone with Mophie case, individually packaged Wet Ones (prefer them to hand sanitizer) and my MB.

If we are talking about packing for the trip in general, I make sure I have a way to make hot water (usually my immersion heater) with a glass mug, my favorite teabags and sugar. I also bring enough of my favorite OTC cold meds to last the trip. These items became a must do after I got the fever and chills flu at WL many years ago and was too sick to leave the room. They didn’t have coffee makers in the rooms then, and I resorted to drinking warm tap water :sick:. I didn’t have any meds with me at all either. Now I don’t go on vacation anywhere without those items. OTC stomach medicine is also a good idea. I always use Bonine for motion sickness, but it is also good for treating nausea from other causes. Having something like Pepto Bismol can also be a good idea.

Otherwise, it’s all about bringing items to make your trip more comfortable and convenient and that will vary from person to person. If you bring electronics, bring cords, extras if possible, or extra batteries. If noise bothers you, consider a white noise app or machine. If you wear glasses or contacts, bring spares. If you take prescription meds, bring spares.

Band-Aid Brand Blister protectors. I bought moleskin and forgot scissors! But thankfully my hubby had these in his work bag and they were a toe-saver! Apparently two of my toes rub together. The moleskin wouldn't have worked. These were generally waterproof and so thin I didn't notice it once it was on.

Ponchos - I threw ours away on Sunday after Kali Rapids thinking the forecast for Monday had changed. It had not. Felt pretty dumb. Thankfully it let up after 30 minutes and I sweet talked a CM mopping floors into a handful of trashbags in case it returned. Makeshift ponchos ftw!

Wipes (Costco) - napkins do nothing for my sticky kids.

Heads up for kids app on my phone. We had so much fun playing together in line.

Charger brick and wall plug - in the restaurants, we found outlets and plugged our phone directly in. I thought we'd buy a fuel rod, but I opted to not run my Nike app and the block was enough for both DH's and my phones for the day.

Flip Flops for Kali River Rapids and trashbags for shoes to go in while we ride. (and the wet ponchos after the ride - keep 'em next time! lol)

I felt new shoes was more important than multiple shoes. We all wore our new shoes all week and had no issues. I brought our older ones as backups but didnt need them.

For me depending on the make up of your group? family with small kiddos', to multi-generational, or empty nester - that us party of 2.

New/ but worn shoes... broken in but not broken down... 2 to 3 pairs

Good sunscreen - sports style works best for us.

Hat, sunglasses are a must

Crossbody bag for me... if the grand-kids are with us, Disney backpack of course.

Ziploc bags, and a couple of plastic containers with lids, chip clips, a few clothes pins...

I bring along some towels - hand or wash cloth size, I just use a old towel and cut it up, something to wipe of seat or even sit on, or dry your hands on, clean up a messy kiddo that has mickey ice cream all over them, or an accident - this way If I throw it away its no big deal...

Wipes for the room, plane, where-ever you don't want to touch... wiping off QS tables and chairs...

All your medicine, OTC medicine, Band-aids different size and shapes, Neosporin with the pain medicine

Collapsible cooler, I have a small one that goes on all our trips, where ever we go... great for in room, pool use, or if you are on a all day excursion, to put in your day bag with some water, and snacks.. and if you buy some snack or food while on the excursion you have somewhere to put it.

I have this head wrap towel thingy that is wonderful... I just use it and let it hang to dry

I also have this gel bead pack thingy for around your neck, or head or wherever - I have a shoulder injury and have put it in the ice bucket to let it get cold, and use it at night on my shoulder works great... You also can put it in a microwave for a few seconds if you need heat...

Power strip, extra battery packs for everything.

Plug in night light

Small Good flash light with plenty of extra batteries - another thing we take where-ever we go. I can't tell you how many times we have used this when traveling...

Foot lotion for at night... something with peppermint makes the feet cool and tingly ...ahhhhhhh

Light weight, breathable clothing... rain jackets with hoods lightweight... we are not poncho people...

Socks that are breathable and have arch supports. ( put a extra pair of socks in the day bag)

For the plane - Earbuds or head phones - eye mask - neck pillow - something to read, snacks and we always buy water and soda air side - so we have what we need and don't have to depend or wait on service...

Have a wonderful and magical visit... pixiedust:

Oh no I don’t think I possess this.. lol where can I find in stores lol

QUOTE="Wubar, post: 60027112, member: 610679"]500,000 lbs of patience. :teeth:[/QUOTE]

We always bring pepto and tums. I have a sensitive stomach. I remember waiting outside of AK for RD just chugging pepto by the bathrooms on our fourth day. :crazy2:

While most of these over the counter items are available at your resort, I can usually buy them for much cheaper at a drug store before we leave.

• comfortable shoes (at least 2 pair per person...if you get caught in the rain, you will not want to wear wet sneakers)
  • bandaids
  • asprin
  • sunblock
  • rain ponchos (amazon sells a pack of 20 for around $16)
  • Magicband
  • portable phone charger and cord
  • cash for tips (dining and maid service)
  • if you have kids and will be pulling them out of school...prepare a binder for each child. Add some paper to the Binder and a few pocket dividers. Plan to photocopy pages of their text books that they may need in advance. in a zip lock bag load up pens/pencils/glue stick. this will keep all their school work in one easy to carry on the plane, binder. if your children are in MS or HS, you may need to bring a tablet or laptop for them to turn in assignments.
  • The weather can change on a dime...so be prepared with a few different weather options for clothes.
  • if you color your hair or have it treated in anyway...shampoo and conditioner. (The samples Disney provides does have Sulfur)
  • breakfast items....pop tarts, granola bars, small cereal boxes...(i do this to save our dining credits)
  • Hair Clips or Ties
  • Hats
  • chap stick
  • Reading Material for the plane ride

1. a refillable water bottle with a filter in it
2. my big bag of medicines. it has enough of EVERYTHING for everyone for the trips duration. every time we go, someone becomes ill. i'm fairly sure i have a whole pharmacy in there at this point.
3. phone power charger. i just got a new one that's the size of my phone and charges it 2 and half times. it'll fit SOOO much better in a pocket than the old one.
4. 2 pairs of shoes for everyone
5. my planner. it has all the spreadsheets, time tables, daily index cards, and print outs of info i need. i'd be moderately lost without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!