Itinerary for SW loving adults?

webcreatrix

DIS Veteran
We have five nights/four full days over Memorial day weekend, Saturday, through Thursday. I'm struggling as we haven't done a trip this short since 2000 and it's an adults only trip, so we don't want to go all out crazy. My current plan is to spend 2 days at HS, because it's always been our favorite - one SW:GE and one for other rides/attractions. I currently have our SW:GE day on the Sunday before Memorial day. We will RD, follow all the recommended procedures for RotR, build light sabers at 10:30, Sci Fi at 11:30. I have Oga's on my other HS day. Can't be helped. When are we likely to get to ride RotR in most best case scenarios. Will we be ready to get out of there mid-afternoon? I'm thinking we will do dinner at Disney Springs, but this is also a EMH night, so we might go back and do late nights for our four nights. Are we crazy?

Our next day we can sleep in. We're doing our 3 FP and F&G snack booths. We will call that a good day.

We have five nights/four full days over Memorial day weekend, Saturday, through Thursday. I'm struggling as we haven't done a trip this short since 2000 and it's an adults only trip, so we don't want to go all out crazy. My current plan is to spend 2 days at HS, because it's always been our favorite - one SW:GE and one for other rides/attractions. I currently have our SW:GE day on the Sunday before Memorial day. We will RD, follow all the recommended procedures for RotR, build light sabers at 10:30, Sci Fi at 11:30. I have Oga's on my other HS day. Can't be helped. When are we likely to get to ride RotR in most best case scenarios. Will we be ready to get out of there mid-afternoon? I'm thinking we will do dinner at Disney Springs, but this is also a EMH night, so we might go back and do late nights for our four nights. Are we crazy?

Our next day we can sleep in. We're doing our 3 FP and F&G snack booths. We will call that a good day.
Really depends on how well RoTR is running and what boarding group you would get. Go ahead with your plan though as you’ll get two hours to return for your group.

Really depends on how well RoTR is running and what boarding group you would get. Go ahead with your plan though as you’ll get two hours to return for your group.

Worst comes to worst, we have another day. I just don't feel "prepared" for SW:GE, but I have time!

We only got an hour to return on March 4-I wish I had gone to a CM and asked to extend it, as we missed a FP to ToT because we needed to do rider swap- It took an hour after we got there for everyone to ride. I really think we enjoy just walking around and seeing all the details as much as we do the rides, though. And at night, you can REALLY believe you are in a galaxy far, far away-make sure you go in all the shops and interact with the cast members.

We only got an hour to return on March 4-I wish I had gone to a CM and asked to extend it, as we missed a FP to ToT because we needed to do rider swap- It took an hour after we got there for everyone to ride. I really think we enjoy just walking around and seeing all the details as much as we do the rides, though. And at night, you can REALLY believe you are in a galaxy far, far away-make sure you go in all the shops and interact with the cast members.
Yes some of the boarding groups do get an hour but most still get two hours.

Yes some of the boarding groups do get an hour but most still get two hours.
Is there a "method to the madness", or did we just get the short end of the stick? I have since read many times CM's at RotR will extend your return time if it conflicts with FP's or dining reservations, but I was afraid to risk it. I also didn't know where to ask. Our boarding group time was 11:15 -12:15, we had ToT FP's for 1115, and ADR's at Brown Derby for 12:20. We also needed to use rider swap. We got to RotR at 11:25 and were done by 12:10, barely making our ADR at 12:20. It did cause a small amount of stress! But hey, I was so excited to get a boarding group (#49) while we were in line for MMRR nothing else mattered! My DD and DIL were trying and couldn't, but "ancient" grandmother did, thanks to reading these boards!

Is there a "method to the madness", or did we just get the short end of the stick? I have since read many times CM's at RotR will extend your return time if it conflicts with FP's or dining reservations, but I was afraid to risk it. I also didn't know where to ask. Our boarding group time was 11:15 -12:15, we had ToT FP's for 1115, and ADR's at Brown Derby for 12:20. We also needed to use rider swap. We got to RotR at 11:25 and were done by 12:10, barely making our ADR at 12:20. It did cause a small amount of stress! But hey, I was so excited to get a boarding group (#49) while we were in line for MMRR nothing else mattered! My DD and DIL were trying and couldn't, but "ancient" grandmother did, thanks to reading these boards!
It varies recently. Usually it’s the earlier groups and if they are running well. It all depends on the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!