Itinerary Ideas/Help

I know you
the Tokyo part looks busy. Sanrio Puroland, Ghibli, Okutama and Hakone are locatrd outside Tokyo and may require separate day trips. You can actually see Mt. Fuji from the Tokyo-Kyoto Shinkansen. So if you only want to see it without the photo op, you dont have to go to Hakone

When we went there, we hired a driver and he knew the best photo spot to see Mt. Fuji from nearby Hakone.
posted this last year but I'm in the early stages of planning 2020 trip and wondering how hiring a driver turned out?
I'm thinking about doing that maybe for some areas.

I know you

posted this last year but I'm in the early stages of planning 2020 trip and wondering how hiring a driver turned out?
I'm thinking about doing that maybe for some areas.

It went fine. He didn't speak English so most of the time we had to communicate with Google Translate but he was very accommodating. Legally, drivers in Japanese are not allowed to drive more than 8 hours in one day but we went over (close to 10 hours) and we had to sign a form agreeing to the time extension.

For anyone who's interested, I created an Instagram account that I plan to post pictures on during our Japan trip. I went ahead and posted some pictures from our previous WDW trips and might post some random things here and there before the trip. My username is wuztravelin

Dh and I are also in the process of creating a blog. We are coming up with a name and then we will make the website. I'll post here again when we get that up and running.

ETA: we are no longer doing a blog. I’ll post a trip report on here and write reviews on TripAdvisor. We also plan to vlog some and post on YouTube

Last edited:
For anyone who's interested, I created an Instagram account that I plan to post pictures on during our Japan trip. I went ahead and posted some pictures from our previous WDW trips and might post some random things here and there before the trip. My username is haleyr123

Dh and I are also in the process of creating a blog. We are coming up with a name and then we will make the website. I'll post here again when we get that up and running.

Followed!

Dh and I got tickets to a Tokyo Dome baseball game! We bought tickets 3 days after they went on sale and there were only about 20 seats left already! I couldn't believe it, but I'm so happy we were able to get tickets. The game we're going to happens to be a jersey giveaway game, too. It says every fan gets a jersey so that should be cool!

Figuring out hotels so far has been the most confusing for me. There are too many to choose from! We are doing 2 weeks end of May 2020. Tokyo 5 days, TDR 2 days, Kyoto 4 days then Hong Kong for Disney 3 days. Am I right that no Disney hotel can be booked less than 6 months out? What about a Dis partner hotel like Tokyu Bay? The travel part is confusing too, but think we will airport express from Narita, JR pass and Suica card for Tokyo, monorail TDR, shinkasen to Kyoto. We then will fly from Osaka to HK and back to states from there. Im a big planner and this is a lot.

Figuring out hotels so far has been the most confusing for me. There are too many to choose from! We are doing 2 weeks end of May 2020. Tokyo 5 days, TDR 2 days, Kyoto 4 days then Hong Kong for Disney 3 days. Am I right that no Disney hotel can be booked less than 6 months out? What about a Dis partner hotel like Tokyu Bay? The travel part is confusing too, but think we will airport express from Narita, JR pass and Suica card for Tokyo, monorail TDR, shinkasen to Kyoto. We then will fly from Osaka to HK and back to states from there. Im a big planner and this is a lot.
We are doing an Airbnb for our Tokyo part of stay which I’m willing to share after we get back. I’m really excited for that stay because it’s more personal and the host seems awesome. For TDR, we’re staying at the Hilton. We booked it on points last year. I’d have to look at the exact dates. For Kyoto we went with an apartment hotel because I wanted a washer and dryer. It also has its own kitchen which will be nice for the mornings we sleep in. I’d be willing to share the name of that one too if you want to pm me.

We are using trains from the airport-Tokyo. The 72-hour metro pass while in Tokyo. The JR pass to get from Tokyo-Kyoto and back. Then a monorail pass once at TDR. While in Kyoto we plan to have a PASMO or SUICA because some routes don’t use JR. Finally to get from TDR back to the airport we are using the airport limousine

thanks...We have stayed at Airbnbs before but not sure its the way I want to go this time- maybe nervous of the language barriers.

thanks...We have stayed at Airbnbs before but not sure its the way I want to go this time- maybe nervous of the language barriers.
They list on there if they speak English. My person isn’t Japanese so she speaks all English but obviously knows some Japanese since she lives there.

Dh and I printed all of our itineraries yesterday and put them in protective sleeves for now. We also made copies of our passports and driver’s licenses. There really isn’t much more for us to do but sit and wait!

. Am I right that no Disney hotel can be booked less than 6 months out? What about a Dis partner hotel like Tokyu Bay?

You are partially correct. Only a package at a Disney Resort hotel can be booked six months out. Hotel only stays can be booked at the 5 month mark. If you are planning on staying during a weekend or popular period - they can sell out within minutes of becoming available. Be sure to register on the TDR reservations page, and watch the time zone difference. We booked a 3-day, 2-night package at Miracosta with the intention of cancelling it at the 5 month mark if we were able to get a room only reservation. I am so glad we did this, as there were absolutely no rooms at all available for our Saturday night.
In the long run, the package was very expensive, but worth every penny!

Oh, I forgot. I bought 2 clear, quart sized zipper bags for our liquids. They’re so much better than using Ziploc bags. I also bought a Dakine travel sleeve that has space for my passport, ID, credit cards, a pen, and it’s tall enough to fold my itineraries and put inside!

Congrats! I am waiting for June to open up my booking for July. Please come back to share your experience there!
I’m planning on doing a trip report. It likely won’t be until we get back from our trip but it depends how busy we are. I’m really excited about the cafe. They didn’t ask for any payment information so that’s cool

I just made a reservation at a restaurant in Kyoto called Teppan Tavern Tenamonya. It has amazing reviews on trip advisor so I’m really excited to try the wagyu beef there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!