It's A Small World - A Never-ending Pre-trip Report

The last weekend and my last day off before our trip is nearly over. My suitcase is now packed. This was a bit of a nightmare as I had no clue were some of the stuff was that I wanted to take. Graham is still in full DIY mode and some of my stuff got misplaced in the process. Fortunately I managed to find all of it so I am good to go. I still have to do my carry on, which I will do tomorrow and my handbag, which I will do Tuesday night. Neither should take very long.

We had been debating how to get to the airport on Wednesday. The trains run early enough, but the trams do not. So this would have meant walking to the station. It is not far. Without luggage, it takes us about 10 minutes, but neither of us really fancied the walk with luggage especially as the weather forecast is not wonderful. So I have now booked a car service. This will be much easier and quicker.

I am in the process of charging our cameras and charged Graham's Kindle. I also made sure that his Kindle and the Kindle app on my iPad have plenty of books on them. Graham wants to re-read the whole Harry Potter series and I have a wide selection of books on my iPad. I am looking forward to chilling on the promenade deck or in the solarium on the ship with some good books.

Apart from finishing up the packing, I still have to sort out memory cards, do the online check in for our flights and pick up the currency from the Post Office. I can do the online check in tomorrow morning. The currency I cannot pick up until Tuesday afternoon. This suddenly feels very real.

Corinna

Corinna, I was hoping to catch up on your threads before you leave, but this is not going to happen. So, I just wanted to make sure to wish you an amazing holiday, lots of relaxation, exciting adventures and amazing memories!!

Can't wait to read about it all when you return!

And congratulations for being on the short list for that reward. I am not surprised that you got so far - you might be new to your current job, but you have so much experience in the travel industry and writing a blog must have come natural to you.

Corinna, I was hoping to catch up on your threads before you leave, but this is not going to happen.

They are not going anywhere and I will be out of action for a little while.

So, I just wanted to make sure to wish you an amazing holiday, lots of relaxation, exciting adventures and amazing memories!!

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Can't wait to read about it all when you return!

I should be able to get this started by about mid June.

And congratulations for being on the short list for that reward.

Thanks.

Corinna

Not long to go now, wow! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Safe travels and have an amazing trip!!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back :)

I was afraid I might have missed wishing you Bon Voyage, but it appears you leave tomorrow not today.

You've got some fantastic plans and it sounds like everything is under control. Enjoy your trip and I can't wait to read all about it when you return!

Looks like Ms May did you a favour: pound up, but you get to escape half of the election craziness by floating around in the Pacific Ocean! ;-)

I was afraid I might have missed wishing you Bon Voyage, but it appears you leave tomorrow not today.

You are in time. We are leaving at 5:30 AM tomorrow morning.

You've got some fantastic plans and it sounds like everything is under control.

Yes, it is. The last couple of things got taken care of today and apart from packing my iPad, iPhone and the last charging cables I am all set. I can't wait to put some of those plans into action.

Enjoy your trip and I can't wait to read all about it when you return!

Thanks.

Looks like Ms May did you a favour: pound up, but you get to escape half of the election craziness by floating around in the Pacific Ocean! ;-)
cis

That was pretty much precisely what I said to my boss this morning when he told me that a general election has been called.

Corinna

I think the time has come to sign off here. I have been officially on leave for 4 hours now. I want to finish my book and I have a glass of wine to enjoy and then I will get an early night as we have an early start. The car service will be here at 5:30 AM. I see you all at the other end.

Corinna

I saw a few posts on FB about your time in Sydney. I hope you have totally disconnected by now and are enjoying your cruise!

I hope travel went smoothly and you are thoroughly enjoying vacation!

It did and we had an amazing time.

I saw a few posts on FB about your time in Sydney. I hope you have totally disconnected by now and are enjoying your cruise!

I posted a few updates for work every now and again, but for the most time I just enjoyed this amazing trip.

Corinna

I have been back from my latest trip for nearly 3 weeks, but this is the first time I have been online for any length of time. For some reason I have had a rather difficult re-entry this time round. I have now started to work on my trip report in earnest. Up to now, I have not even felt inspired to do this. I have a ship visit a week on Wednesday and the plan is that I will start the trip report once this is over and done with using my usual Wednesday and Sunday schedule.

I also have a couple of trips in the works, but at the moment they are not beyond the very early planning stages and one of them has a distinct question mark over it. I am hoping to be in a position to share a bit more after my award ceremony in July.

Corinna

I have been back from my latest trip for nearly 3 weeks, but this is the first time I have been online for any length of time. For some reason I have had a rather difficult re-entry this time round. I have now started to work on my trip report in earnest. Up to now, I have not even felt inspired to do this. I have a ship visit a week on Wednesday and the plan is that I will start the trip report once this is over and done with using my usual Wednesday and Sunday schedule.

I also have a couple of trips in the works, but at the moment they are not beyond the very early planning stages and one of them has a distinct question mark over it. I am hoping to be in a position to share a bit more after my award ceremony in July.

Corinna

Welcome back. Hope that you're settling back to real life after an amazing trip. I find re-entry gets harder and harder each time now. :(

Good luck for July.

Welcome back, can't wait to hear about it. Sorry re-entry has been rough.

Last edited:
Sorry that coming home was so difficult! I guess everything that is happening at the moment in the UK is not really helping at all either. I have been thinking of you and Graham and all my other friends in the UK a lot over the last few weeks.

Welcome back, can't wait to hear about it.

Thanks. I am making progress in that regard. The first day is all typed up and the second day is nearly done as well. Now I just need to download some more photos.

Sorry re-entry has not rough.

I am starting to settle back in now.

Sorry that coming home was so difficult!

I completely confused me body clock and went back to work too quickly.

I guess everything that is happening at the moment in the UK is not really helping at all either.

You can say that again. What happened in the last 24 hours does not exactly fill be with joy either.

I have been thinking of you and Graham and all my other friends in the UK a lot over the last few weeks.

Thanks, it is appreciated.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!