It's a Small World rehab

DeeCee

Mouseketeer
I just read that It's a Small World will be closing for rehab this summer. Does anyone know the exact date it will be closing? I arrive June 30th. I hope it is after that.

Thanks

Most sites I've visited are saying it will close on June 7th. I am arriving on June 27th and pretty much hold out no hope of seeing it. :(

Haven't been on it for 8 years! Oh well, maybe its best left in my memories :p

June 7th is the date I keep seeing too. I'm very sad because we arrive on the 15th, so we'll miss it this year. This will be the first time I've gone to WDW and not gotten to ride Small World. :(

On the other hand, I'm very happy that they are taking the time to give the ride a complete renovation. It's so sad to see the classic rides fall into disrepair. We can look forward to riding a fresh, new Small World next year! :D

Our first day at the MK will be June 10. Think they can keep it open a few days more for my little girls? :crazy:

any date on when they think it will re-open?..........and has anyone heard anymore definitive answer than fall 2004 for when Lilo and Stitch adventure will open?

With Stitch I hear the official opening is September 1st and IASW will reopen March 2005 - those dolls are going to get a real makeover :p

I am kind of glad because then I hope some other things arnt closed, I havent been in 10 years and hope I can see all the ones I want too. Since this ride itsnt a must and I do remember it from 10 years ago I am not dissappointed because I hope this means nothing else will be closed for renovation.

Thanks for your replies.

I am sad I will miss it this year. It is one of my favorites.

When we were there in March, we were noticing that everything looked really bright and clean. It also looked like everything was in perfect working order. I actually thought that they must have done a rehab since our last trip.

:wave: :wave2: :wave:

Originally posted by mcgrawfan
What exactly are they changing for IASW?? Will it be different??

I heard a rumor that they may be adding a new room to the ride. Not sure how true that is....

Kristaprincess:

I heard that rumor as well. I think I hope its true (changing something so familiar from my childhood may be hard to take but if it helps keep it around I am for it). :hyper:

I am so upset by this. I read this post yesterday and figured since it was closing in June it wouldn't affect my Halloween trip but now I've read that it won't reopen until Spring 05. I am ready to cry. My 2-yr-old daughter was crazy about small world last October (even though she was only 20 months) and she still remembers every detail and all she talks about is when we are going back to Small World and I tell her we will ride on Halloween as many times as she wants. I am sooooo bummed. How am I going to tell her that she won't be able to see small world for 2 yrs. Hope by some miracle they have some openings here and there.

I read on another site (Deb's? ) that the dolls will be spiffed up and the audio will be enhanced while under rehab. We still haven't broken the news to DD that she'll have to miss one of her favorite rides this time around. At least it's extra incentive to book that 3rd trip on the AP's for 2005. :teeth:

We are arriving on June 1, so we'll have to sneak in a couple of trips before the rehab starts. :)

As for those of you who are going to miss it, I know how you feel :( Last year we went in early June, and the Pooh ride was in rehab. This really upset my GF who is a huge Pooh fan. The breakfast at the Crystal Palace made up somewhat for that, though :)

I'm disappointed, too. I haven't been to Disney since I was 6 years old. I am taking my 11, 9, and 7 year-old for the first time and couldn't wait for them to see this. AAHHH - nostalgia. Is it really true?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter