It's a Solo DISventure for DIS20! Update 9/9 **Complete**

Seems like a fun (and sort of relaxing) time at Disney Springs and the Boardwalk area

For Homecomin' do you need an ADR if you are just sitting at the bar?

Seems like a fun (and sort of relaxing) time at Disney Springs and the Boardwalk area

For Homecomin' do you need an ADR if you are just sitting at the bar?
It was one of the more slow paced days I have ever had at Disney.

You do not. I did and when I arrived since I was solo they offered me the option of bar or table. Not to take up a table for more people I decided to just sit at the bar. It was not very busy when I went either.

Glad you liked Homecoming we have it booked for November. Love all your pictures from DS.
I especially like your pictures of the BW area it's getting me excited for our upcoming stay at BC. We've always wanted to stay there and finally we get our chance. I'm looking forward to trying Ample Hills and stopping by Abracadabra for a drink.

Last edited:
Glad you liked Homecoming we have it booked for November. Love all your pictures from DS.
I especially like your pictures of the BW area it's getting me excited for our upcoming stay at BC. We've always wanted to stay there and finally we get our chance. I'm looking forward to trying Ample Hills and stopping by Abracadabra for a drink.
I love BC! Definitely try Ample Hills too.

Ooey Gooey Butter Cake sounds like the perfect ice cream flavor. I'm not surprised that you enjoyed it.

I love all of your pictures of the YC/BC/Boardwalk area! That area really is so beautiful (and very photogenic). I wish I had taken time to explore it on my last trip.

It was fantastic!

It is my favorite resort area. Even if I am not staying there I try to go and just hang out there.

The Patreon event and the final descent....

Soon enough it was time for the Patreon meet up. Ryno organized this one and I was excited to meet him who I hadn't met before as well as some of the others. I happened to sit at a table with @nolanboys and @NeuroCindy as well as a couple others who's names are escaping me at the moment.

IMG_6027JPG.jpg

I also had the pleasure of talking to Disunlugged Disneyland member and DIS historian Michael Bowling @Merry Mousketeer. No offense to the others but Michael is my favorite podcaster. Michael was even kind enough to give me a Walt Disney Family museum pin which is now on my pin board at home.

IMG_6025JPG.jpg

They happened to be starting trivia while we were at this event but I only got to stay around for one round because I had a flight to catch. It was great getting to talk to more Disers. Everyone seemed to have a lot of fun at this event.

I arrived back at Pop, picked up my carry on from bell services and went to the gift shop to buy a Pop pin. I like to have a pin from each resort I have stayed at. I had stayed at Pop before but didn't have a pin for it.

Soon enough I was boarding the tragical express at Pop Century.

IMG_6029JPG.jpg

IMG_6030JPG.jpg

IMG_6032JPG.jpg

It was raining as I was on the fake-o-rail.

IMG_6033JPG.jpg

Soon enough I was on my flight back to Wisconsin. I was sad to leave especially since it was such a short trip but happy I went and did what I did.

Hello Milwaukee!

I got lucky on both flights since neither were full (never happened to me before) we could spread out a bit.

IMG_6037JPG.jpg

I arrived just after 11PM and my parents picked me up. It really was a great trip. One I will remember forever.

Here are some Photopass shots even though I didn't have memory maker.

IMG_6046JPG.jpg

IMG_6055PNG.jpg

IMG_6056PNG.jpg

Final thoughts and reflections....

I had a blast on this trip. I was so excited once I got the opportunity to go and was so glad I went when it was over. Sure I wish it was a bit longer but that happens with every Walt Disney World trip. I will always have the opportunity to go back and I can't wait until January when I get that opportunity again.

I met so many amazing people who I felt like I already knew from the boards and the podcast. The unofficial events were great and helped everyone get to know each other as well.

As my first solo trip it was awesome. I got to do whatever I wanted when I wanted for the most part. I have never had that luxury before. I think the length of the trip was fine for my first solo trip although maybe one more day could have been really great too.

The DIS organized events were incredible and unlike anything I had ever done before. I would definitely be open to doing something like that again.

And another trip report comes to a close... I hope you all enjoyed reading along and will join me in my next adventure (Dopey 2.0).

How awesome that you got to meet Michael Bowling! Looks like a great time!

Love the Space Mountain picture! That's one of my favorite rides at the parks.

How awesome that you got to meet Michael Bowling! Looks like a great time!

Love the Space Mountain picture! That's one of my favorite rides at the parks.
Michael is such an amazing person!

Space Mountain is one of my favorites as well.

We loved the Main Street tour that Michael did for the the anniversary last year. It was a real joy. Hopefully, I can make it to the next party/anniversary.

So cool that you got a chance to chat with Michael. The sheer amount of information that he knows about Disney is amazing. I'd love to just sit down and chat about Disney with him one day ... except I'd probably be too starstruck to say anything.

Despite the shortness, it definitely sounds like a good trip, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing your stories and pictures with us - I really enjoyed reading all about you DIS adventure!

So cool that you got a chance to chat with Michael. The sheer amount of information that he knows about Disney is amazing. I'd love to just sit down and chat about Disney with him one day ... except I'd probably be too starstruck to say anything.

Despite the shortness, it definitely sounds like a good trip, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing your stories and pictures with us - I really enjoyed reading all about you DIS adventure!
He is such an awesome person. He was actually really excited to meet me too so that was cool.

Thanks for reading Sarah!

I know you've wrapped everything up, but I've been super behind since school started. It seems like you had such a wonderful time.

Another addition I had not seen open in person yet is Paddlefish. Maybe someday I will try this place.

My DH and I ate at Paddlefish on our most recent trip but I was rather disappointed. The restaurant itself was very nice but our waitress was not attentive and the food was just OK. Maybe one day I'll go back but there are so many other new places to try that it'll be a bit before I'm there again.

Edison work continues...

Speaking of new places...I can't wait for this place to finally open! They've taken so long on it!

Holy Cow! This meal was awesome!

From everything I've read, Homecomin' really seems to be the place to go! I avoided it because I live in the south and getting southern food just wasn't what I wanted but next time I'm changing my mind on that. The chicken looks so good!

This is by far my favorite resort area.

I totally agree! The boardwalk is such a great place!

Ryno organized this one and I was excited to meet him who I hadn't met before as well as some of the others.

It's awesome that you met Michael but Ryno is definitely my favorite. Michael seems like such a genuinely nice man though and he's be fun to eat dinner with and pick his brain for all of his Disney knowledge.

I really enjoyed your TR. Looking forward to more in the future!

I know you've wrapped everything up, but I've been super behind since school started. It seems like you had such a wonderful time.

My DH and I ate at Paddlefish on our most recent trip but I was rather disappointed. The restaurant itself was very nice but our waitress was not attentive and the food was just OK. Maybe one day I'll go back but there are so many other new places to try that it'll be a bit before I'm there again.

Speaking of new places...I can't wait for this place to finally open! They've taken so long on it!

From everything I've read, Homecomin' really seems to be the place to go! I avoided it because I live in the south and getting southern food just wasn't what I wanted but next time I'm changing my mind on that. The chicken looks so good!

I totally agree! The boardwalk is such a great place!

It's awesome that you met Michael but Ryno is definitely my favorite. Michael seems like such a genuinely nice man though and he's be fun to eat dinner with and pick his brain for all of his Disney knowledge.

I really enjoyed your TR. Looking forward to more in the future!

Good to know about Paddlefish. It definitely has gotten more mixed reviews. I do hope to try it eventually though.

The Edison is a highly anticipated venue!

Homecomin' is so good!

The Boardwalk is really nice, I'd love to stay there sometime.

Ryno is really nice as well. I didn't get to talk with him as much though.

Thanks for reading along!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I think that would have been so fun to meet up with other dis-ers and some of the podcasters. I love the picture of you and Michael!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!