"It's an adventure" Day 9: EPCOT

wickesy

<font color=royalblue>Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love y
Thursday 19th April

World Showcase was the plan for today so there was no rush to be out for park opening. We were up at 8:15, out by 9:45 and parked up in Journey 8 before entering the park at 10:20.

First stop was Image Works where we had decided to buy one of their crystals with our photo lasered into it. I picked out a Mickey head which I really liked the look of and we went cheek to cheek for a photo. We had to have 2 goes because the Cast Member spotted a “flat spot” in the first one but he seemed happy with the second and said we could come back anytime after 2:00 to collect the finished article.

From there we went over to Club Cool where of course we had to try the Beverley. It wasn’t that bad, kind of like bitter lemon but I couldn’t drink a whole glass of it. I tried all of the flavours and my favourite was Mexico but as Dad said “You can’t buy a full bottle of any of them”.

After Club Cool we wandered over towards World Showcase, stopping for some photos on the way. It was Flower and Garden Festival time so there were a lot of topiary figures around.

DisneyPhotoImage18.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage13r.jpg

P4190053.jpg

P4190055.jpg

P4190056.jpg

P4190059.jpg

First stop was Maelstrom which I had a few doubts about when I saw the warning about forward and backward drops but I absolutely loved it and will definitely do it again.

Next stop was Mexico for the Gran Fiesta tour. I don’t really remember El Rio Del Tiempo but Gran Fiesta tour is a nice relaxing ride with a live action/cartoon mix involving Donald Duck going missing on holiday in Mexico and his two friends trying to find him. It is a great ride and well worth taking the time out to experience it.

From Mexico we back-tracked to Canada where we stopped for a muffin and coffee. As we sat resting Dad asked if I would like to come back for one of our holidays next year and after a few seconds thinking I said that I would and that we would stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

After our snack break we wandered around the rest of world showcase, popping in and out of shops but not seeing any more attractions. We then popped into the Festival Center which we were both surprised to see did not have as much information on the Flower and Garden Festival as we had expected.

We then had a look around Mouse Gear before walking onto Spaceship Earth. I love the music on this ride as you are coming down backwards from the top. We then went over to Soarin’ and picked up fast passes for 7:15-8:15 which would slot in nicely between our dinner at Le Cellier and Illuminations.
From the Land pavilion we walked over to Image Works and picked up our crystal.

P4280094.jpg

On the way back we went into the butterfly garden, and had some more photos taken at the exit, one of them with a special guest.

DisneyPhotoImage10r.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage7.jpg

We filled up our mugs and relaxed for a while in the room before leaving at 4:45 and parking up at EPCOT in Journey 5.

We wandered round to Canada and had a look in the shop before checking in at Le Cellier at 5:35. We were seated at 5:40 and were looked after by our server Eva who seemed to know her way around the menu although her favourite starter changed from the ‘stacked tomatoes’ when she served us to the ‘mussels’ when she served the table next to us half an hour later – obviously her favourite depends on what is not selling well. We gave Eva a nice easy order, Cheddar Cheese soup followed by Seared Salmon and cream cheese mash for both of us. We were expecting something like an onion soup with melted cheese topping but the cheddar cheese soup is actually made from melted cheddar and is absolutely gorgeous. The salmon was also lovely and the mash was really creamy. For dessert I had the crème brulee sampler and Dad had the duo sorbet. With drinks the whole lot came to $90 including tip. I had read reports that Le Cellier can be noisy and crowded but, maybe because we ate early, I didn’t find it too bad at all.

From Le Cellier we walked round to the Land pavilion where we went on Living With the Land, which closed behind us. Am I right in thinking that there used to be a Cast Member actually on the boat with you doing the narration for this attraction?

After the boat ride we went to use our fast passes at Soarin’ and ended up in the first row! It certainly is better seeing it without the feet dangling in front of you and we had an unusual experience at the end. When the film finished we were left up in the air for a couple of seconds and then when we returned to terra firma our seat-belts would not unlock. I could see the ride operator trying to work out what was wrong and after a couple of seconds people started chanting “We want more”. After a minute or so another Cast Member came over and announced that if we wanted we could go around again or we could exit the ride. Now you might think that being in the front row we would jump at the chance of going round again but whether it was because I didn’t have my motion sickness bands on or because I had just eaten I don’t know but I was feeling a little queasy so I decided that we would leave now as I was also anxious to get a good spot for Illuminations. As people from the front row were leaving people from the two rows behind began running to fill their seats so at least we gave somebody else the opportunity to have the view we had.

We walked around the lagoon and as all the best spots seemed to be roped off for private parties we ended up on the bridge between France and UK standing over the Illuminations cruises that were moored up beneath us. We thoroughly enjoyed the show and then sat on a bench in UK for a while to let the worst of the crowds get ahead of us.

We left the park at 9:45 and were back in the hotel for 10:05 where we filled our mugs with hot chocolate and were in bed by 10:30.

Tomorrow: “I’ll have to go to the services and turnaround” Day 10

Great day :thumbsup2

The Crystal is lovely, was it expensive?

:)

Jodie

Great day :thumbsup2

The Crystal is lovely, was it expensive?

:)

Jodie

Whoops, I forgot to put the cost in. It was $282 but well worth it we thought as it is something completely different that will last for a long time. We could have had anything we wanted in the ears but I liked it exactly as I had seen it on display.

We got a crystal of my dd a few years a go for my mum and we always look at it when we go round. It is truly a unique present and such a good reminder of wdw. Your one looks so nice.

Susan

I love the cystal mickey head.

I would love one but unsure if my DH (whos your typical acountant) would want to pay so much.

I have fours months to convince him otherwise!!!

Thanks for sharing

Your right, there did used to be a cast member on the boats for Living with the Land. They changed it sometime last year to the recorded version. I've not been on since, but given the flat toneless way the CM delivered her script when we rode two years ago I can't see its any worse as a recording.;)

Loving the reports by the way.

Great pictures and report!

The look on your Dad's face in the Tinkerbell pic is priceless! :lmao:

A lovely day. Your flower and garden festival pictures are wonderful - I especially like the ones with Tinkerbell and Peter Pan. Pleased to hear your positive review of Le Cellier, we are looking forward to trying it for the first time in October - especially the cheddar cheese soup!

Laur's princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter