"It's like America...but South!"

tinkstoes

Earning My Ears
Hello!! I've been lurking/lightly posting around the boards for a number of months but am finally taking the plunge and writing up a pre-trip report for the weekend get away I have planned for this upcoming weekend. It'll be my first solo trip at a brand new...at least to me...resort! SO without further ado.....

I am a 27 year old girl (lady? female? I don't feel like I should be called a grown up yet!) born and raised in the South...GA to be specific. I am an RN who, until earlier this year, secretly loved Loved LOVED Disney! I grew up taking vacations to Florida to either WDW or that other place which I have to admit I thoroughly enjoy as well. As I and my younger brother grew older though, we began going more to the other place instead of Disney. And so began my nearly 15 year long gap of no Disney action except what I could get from the movies. THEN my mother and I decided that, after a very long hiatus, our family trip for the year would finally be a big return to see the main mouse himself! And that started the journey through this year that has led me to my third (!!!) trip this year and my first alone!

As a whole about half of my weekend trip is scheduled. The rest is for me to actually do whatever I want to do with...well really the whole weekend is but you get the idea! Here's the plan:

Friday: Leave work ASAP and drive to Orlando only to check in at the gorgeous Yacht Club! Then I have dinner reservations at the Biergarten in Germany. I'm pretty excited to check this out. My parents and I wanted to check it out in May but my brother tends to be rather a picky eater. Thus we had to make sure to eat somewhere that he could get food he would eat :headache: . Then I am planning to go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. I have heard this party is okay compared to Halloween (which I went to this year for the first time as well) but I feel like I should check it out once as I have no clue when the next time I'll be able to be at Disney when they have all of the holiday shenanigans going on!

Saturday: Up decently early to get to the Magic Kingdom to catch rope drop then dash inside to check in for the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Pretty excited about this even though I've read mixed things about it. The whole rest of my day after the tour ends around lunch I plan to use a few FastPasses I have, practice my photography, find a couple characters I've never met and check out an attraction that I've never done before...Philharmagic! Toss in Festival of Fantasy and then move on to finally checking off a pretty decent sized item from my bucket list...seeing Cinderella's castle be lit up with the ice lights!! I am very excited for seeing that in person for the first time in my life! I have dinner plans for Raglan Road that evening... with some shopping in DTD either a little before and/or after dinner. Then maybe back to MK for extra house :hyper:

Sunday: My last day will start of with a bang at the Animal Kingdom for the Wild Africa Trek. I'm VERY excited for this. It seems really awesome. Has anyone ever done it and can speak to their experience? I haven't found too much from others about it! Afterwards I plan to get some lunch, maybe try to find a Yeti then probably meander back to Epcot. I figured I could do more picture taking practice and explore a few of the countries I missed back in May. I made dinner reservations at Marrakesh. Afterwards I'll have to be starting to head back to where I'm temporarily staying in Florida.

I'm very very excited for this weekend and have a goal of taking tons of pictures PLUS keeping a little log for each day so that I can (hopefully) write up a decent first actual trip report!!

Three more full days till I hit the road!!

Awesome, good for you! I'm a single gal as well and will be there starting this Sunday on my 2nd solo trip!

Your tours sound awesome! And I hope to one day stay at the YC!

Have the best time! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter