It's sad you can't watch classics like Peter Pan to get kids excited for trip

ChicagoJ

Mouseketeer
why does Disney still do this ridiculous vault stuff. It's no wonder more recent generations don't care about lady and the tramp, Peter Pan and other classics. It's impossible to watch them unless you can afford $100 for the Disney movie club or to buy one movie off eBay. Why do they do this??? They'd make more money making it available for streaming.

why does Disney still do this ridiculous vault stuff. It's no wonder more recent generations don't care about lady and the tramp, Peter Pan and other classics. It's impossible to watch them unless you can afford $100 for the Disney movie club or to buy one movie off eBay. Why do they do this??? They'd make more money making it available for streaming. Won't let me edit title, I meant can't.
Streaming of "all" Disney movies is on the way.
(But, it's still a ways off.)

The vault keeps their movies in high demand. Pinocchio has become my 6 year old's favorite movie as of late. As others stated local libraries usually have a wide selection of old Disney movies. You can also check used bookstores/music stores to buy old movies that others have traded in.

If you have a Half Priced Books near you, they usually have a large selection of Disney movies. You can order them off of their website too!

Luckily I bought them as they came out on DVD to replace my vhs copies when I was in college and ongoing as released over the years and kept them, so my child has been lucky enough to grow up with them. Also, goodwills and yard sales are other places you can sometimes find them cheap

It's on my shelf. When a movie gets released, I purchase them even if I don't watch immediately precisely because of their marketing strategy. This is a very, very old thing they do and I learned at the beginning of DVD (late 1990's) to gobble them up at the best price I can find fairly quickly after release.

New
Does anyone know if there's any way to get good recordings of the original 16 minute Country Bear Jamboree, The Making of Me, Cranium Command, Food Rocks, and Carousel of Progress? I would so love for Disney to offer these shows, some of which are now gone, on DVD so we can relive the magic of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter