I've never done DME!

I've always been close enough to drive to WDW, but I moved and now I fly there! How soon in advance do I need to book DME? I have two reservations, so they told me I should call instead of booking online?

If my flight leaves at 4:30, I'm assuming I would have to get on DME at 1:30, if they stick to the 3 hour rule?

Your pick-up time will be a minimum of three hours, before scheduled departure time. The buses normally pick up 2x per hour. Depending on your particular resort, your pick-up may be the first, last, or an intermediate stop between the resort to MCO.

There is no reason why you can't do the online form - just complete one form for your ride from MCO with the 1st confirmation number and another form for your ride back to MCO with the other confirmation number.
https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/dme/dmeform
If you need the yellow bag tags, so that your checked bags are automatically delivered to your resort, and you don't stop at the airline's baggage carousel, but head directly to the Magical Express upon arrival at MCO, then I would request at least two weeks in advance, to be on the safe side to receive the tags on time

To call DME directly to book use this number (866) 599-0951 no need to call Disney's 407 number

You can book your ride to Disney and back to MCO at the same time. IMHO as soon as you have your airfare booked call them so you don't forget. If things change you can always call and have it changed. For the ride to Disney they will assign you a bus when you arrive, they are just looking for a general idea of how may people will be arriving. For the trip back they will sched you a time, usually 3 hours +/- 15 min of your flight time for domestic flights. International flights are picked up 4 hours.

If you will have luggage and want to have it sent to your resort so that you don't have to go to bag check you would need to call in advance so they can send you the yellow luggage tags if you wait to book. Though you can also give them your clam checks and they will get them that was as well.

We used DME for the first time on our recent Disney trip and it worked out great. I didn't yet have airline reservations when making the Disney hotel reservations, so their online site didn't let me add it. I called the generic Disney reservation # once I had the flight arrival/departure information and they were able to add it for me. DME will pick you up about 3 hrs prior to your departure flight for domestic travel. If your airline is one on the list, you can also make use of their baggage handling service when departing.....more info can be found here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magical-express/

Your pick-up time will be a minimum of three hours, before scheduled departure time. The buses normally pick up 2x per hour. Depending on your particular resort, your pick-up may be the first, last, or an intermediate stop between the resort to MCO.

There is no reason why you can't do the online form - just complete one form for your ride from MCO with the 1st confirmation number and another form for your ride back to MCO with the other confirmation number.
https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/dme/dmeform
If you need the yellow bag tags, so that your checked bags are automatically delivered to your resort, and you don't stop at the airline's baggage carousel, but head directly to the Magical Express upon arrival at MCO, then I would request at least two weeks in advance, to be on the safe side to receive the tags on time
I know this thread is old--I found it on a search--but the info about the DME form on the website was super helpful, so I had to say thanks, @shoreward! Way better than hanging on the phone for 10,000 hours.

I know this thread is old--I found it on a search--but the info about the DME form on the website was super helpful, so I had to say thanks, @shoreward! Way better than hanging on the phone for 10,000 hours.
Just a heads up. We rarely remember to book MDE in advance (or mail the packet sent to us) and just arrive at MCO and proceed to the bus area. I show our MBs, they scan them, and on the bus we go. Keep in mind that we generally travel w/ carry-on luggage thus are not concerned about registering in advance.

Thanks, @NYCgrrl. I'll have my bags as well. I just wanted to let them know I was using the bus. I wasn't sure if I could just show up, but apparently I can.

Thanks, @NYCgrrl. I'll have my bags as well. I just wanted to let them know I was using the bus. I wasn't sure if I could just show up, but apparently I can.

The reason they ask about arrivals is so that they can schedule the proper amount of buses. By this point I am sure they have it down pretty good, but if there are a one or to large groups arriving around the same time they might add a bus or two. A family arriving without a reservation isn't that much of a big deal to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter