I've reached my breaking point with Disney and this mess

mommy2allyandaveri

DIS Veteran
I have rolled with 4 cancellations so patiently but have finally reached my breaking point.

Anyone know what email address I can use to share the challenges I have experienced?

Thanks. Hopefully no one is unhappy I've asked or posted this.

ETA: I have been unable to speak with a supervisor and have already tried emailing wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com with no response. I'm sure they are busy, wondering if there is another address I can try.

Just looking for another means of contact...

It may take some time but you will hear from them. I had a pretty big issue with my room during my November stay (back when times were normal). I ended up emailing guest services after the trip. They did contact me but it was almost two weeks later and they had started looking in to my issue before they reached out.

I wasn't looking for any resolution to anything. I was more or less just providing feedback on where Disney had failed in one certain area and just to let them know so that it wouldn't happen to anyone else. That could be why it took them a little longer to respond.

Are you just providing feedback or do you need something resolved right away?

Are they still charging you for anything? Or just cancelling? Not sure what you are desiring that probably MANY other patrons are also experiencing. And I'm so not trying to be snarky. On a whole lot smaller level my Lung Dr has cancelled my appointment three times during this whole thing so I totally get the whole frustrating part.......on a wayyyyyy smaller level! :hug:

Talking to a supervisor or manager to vent is like having a good therapy sesh...hope you feel better after! 🤣🤞🏼

I'll give the OP the benefit of the doubt for the time being, but I'll just say that I work in tourism and for the last few months have been dealing with handling the cancellation and rescheduling of thousands of guests that had reservations with us. Many of them have been contacted multiple times, since the shutdown started in March and the closures continue to be extended. One guest I dealt with today had been scheduled for March and originally pushed it back to May, then when May wasn't clear they moved it to June because we would "certainly open by then"... and then today I had to tell them that we can't reopen until at least July. It is absolutely 100% out of our hands and the only options we can possibly provide are refunds or reschedules. We are getting very little guidance or notice from local government and so we have to make decisions based on the information available to us at the time, even though that information changes on a daily, no, hourly basis.

I recommend the OP, or anyone else dealing with this right now, go into these types of interactions with realistic expectations of what you're asking for and some sympathy for the person that is on the other end. We are doing our best, and I know a lot of us are crying on a pretty much daily basis due to the frustration of not being able to do the job we love and having to deal with angry, disappointed customers all day long.

I would think they're perfectly aware of how many cancellations have been done due to state, federal and global issues due to this virus. But I'm sure they'd love to hear it again. Probably makes their day. Especially since they had so much control over the situation. Aren't enough people miserable? If the email was sent to the correct address, it will be read. If that's the point, why does it need to be read, called about, talked about and everything else? This wasn't some isolated incident where someone needs compensation to be made whole. If you're sure they're busy, then wait for them to get to your email instead of trying 8 different things and them having to deal with it 8 different times, making even more people have to wait for service for their one request or comment.

If that's the point, why does it need to be read, called about, talked about and everything else? This wasn't some isolated incident where someone needs compensation to be made whole.

Right? And Disney is absolutely wonderful about even circumstances beyond their control when they are not dealing with a WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC that nobody could have anticipated or prepared for.

In December, I broke 3 ribs and damaged a newly replaced knee while I was there. Nobody's fault. Just an accident. It was the first day of our trip and I spent 8 hours in the ER. All I asked is if it would be possible to give us a few fastpasses for the following day, since we had missed out on ours that day.

Instead, they gave our entire family unlimited fastpasses for the entire week we were there, on any ride, any park. It was AMAZING. The resort manager called me several times and visited us once just to make sure I was doing well and we were having a good time.

Nobody can ever say they don't take good care of their guests!

I would think they're perfectly aware of how many cancellations have been done due to state, federal and global issues due to this virus. But I'm sure they'd love to hear it again. Probably makes their day. Especially since they had so much control over the situation. Aren't enough people miserable? If the email was sent to the correct address, it will be read. If that's the point, why does it need to be read, called about, talked about and everything else? This wasn't some isolated incident where someone needs compensation to be made whole. If you're sure they're busy, then wait for them to get to your email instead of trying 8 different things and them having to deal with it 8 different times, making even more people have to wait for service for their one request or comment.
Well said!
OP the customer service staff is overworked and has dealt with unhappy people since day 1 of the closure. It is not their fault. They can’t do anything about multiple cancellations for 1000s if people. They certainly can’t pixie dust every single person. What do you expect a supervisor to do? Their hands are tied and all they can do is listen to your complaint and say I’m sorry. This horrible pandemic is beyond Disney’s control and they are getting complaints by the second- especially now with opening requiring masks, limited hours, fast passes disappearing, etc.

Take a breath and let it go. You said you an email . They will get in touch.

Right? And Disney is absolutely wonderful about even circumstances beyond their control when they are not dealing with a WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC that nobody could have anticipated or prepared for.

In December, I broke 3 ribs and damaged a newly replaced knee while I was there. Nobody's fault. Just an accident. It was the first day of our trip and I spent 8 hours in the ER. All I asked is if it would be possible to give us a few fastpasses for the following day, since we had missed out on ours that day.

Instead, they gave our entire family unlimited fastpasses for the entire week we were there, on any ride, any park. It was AMAZING. The resort manager called me several times and visited us once just to make sure I was doing well and we were having a good time.

Nobody can ever say they don't take good care of their guests!
Nope...WRONG...they've proved that tonight with their lovely announcement. Literally what they're doing with the free dining stuff is borderline illegal. This is NOT the same Disney customer service. They've handled this entire mess horribly and as if they're incompetent, which I know they're not so only leaves the option of they're willing to take advantage of their customers over and over again. The entire world has had to deal with this pandemic, yet Disney's competitors seem to be leaps and bounds above them right now. This is not the same Disney service ppl. have grown to know. It's sad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!