Jacksonville -- Around or Through???

Mom2DS

WL Veteran
Had seen on here somewhere before that when driving down I-95, one should plan to go around Jacksonville, not thru. Just wondering from anyone who's been thru recently, is that still true? My map software was showing construction delays there but today when I ran it, it didn't.

Leaving tomorrow and really excited! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Dawn

Haven't been through since August but I would recomend taking the outerbelt. There has been construction through Jacksonville for the last four years I've driven and it's too hard on my nerves. The outerbelt is only another 10 minutes longer than straight through.

Originally posted by Mom2DS
Had seen on here somewhere before that when driving down I-95, one should plan to go around Jacksonville, not thru. Just wondering from anyone who's been thru recently, is that still true? My map software was showing construction delays there but today when I ran it, it didn't.

Leaving tomorrow and really excited! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Dawn
It depends on the time you get there. If it is around rush hour then go around it. We always happen to get there around 1pm and have no problems at all. We always drive right through Jacksonville. It is actually quicker going straight through if you avoid rush hour.

Earlier this month we just drove through Jacksonville. The road & bridge work appear to be mostly completed. It is a vast improvement over the old bridge. The new bridge is smoother, wider & has more lanes. Just watch the signs to be sure you stay on I95.

If you take I295 around the city, be careful of the constantly changing speed limits & the police who enforce those limits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter