Jaleo: An Appreciation

Put us as in the camp it being the best on-property restaurant. But beyond that is a great restaurant on or off property.

We went shortly after it first opened, and now we go anytime we are at Disney.

We did the Chef Tasting with wine pairings and was one of the best meals we have had at WDW. Was to be 10 courses, but ended up more than that. Spent 2 1/2 hours and loved every minute.
Second time we have dined there. It can be loud and noisy, if that matters to people.

Last edited:

Jaleo is a special one for us. I've actually eaten at three Jaleos in my life. Two in DC (one in Arlington, VA; one in downtown Washington DC, near the Capital One Arena [where the Wizards and Caps play (and lose)]), and the one in Disney Springs. I am a huge fan of chef Jose Andres, both as a chef and as a person. Jaleo, besides being great tapas, also has my favorite drink in the entire world: the Salt Air Margarita.

We eat at the Jaleos in DS every time we visit, sometimes twice.

I would have never know what any of these items were without those photos lol

We need more posts of the food cause I don't know what much of the menu actually is.

Was wondering about the Chef's tasting menu and if anyone has had that. I love Spanish food so no worries there - but I am a small eater and can't put it away (unlike my DH). Would it be too much food? Was wondering if I should just stick to a couple of tapas or try the Chef's menu? Recommendations anyone?
Not sure if you are referring to the one that is around $100/pp, for 11 (?) small plates. But my nephew-in-law and I did this a couple weeks ago. It was AMAZING! I do not eat a lot, NIL, definitely does. We both loved it. Enough that each of us were able to try the dish, and he polished off what I didn’t finish 😂. Did I love every single dish? Nope. Did I try things I never would have ordered and love them? Heck yeah! One of the top dining experiences. I don’t drink alcohol, NIL does, he really enjoyed the recommended cocktails.

We had an extraordinary meal at Jaleo, at Disney Springs, on Tuesday night. The irony is that the best restaurant at Disney isn't owned by Disney at all.

View attachment 839887
View attachment 839888
Sipping Vermut at the bar before dinner

View attachment 839889
L-R: Cono de Mero Crudo y Escalivada:
Cone of Florida Atlantic Red Grouper Tartare with Escalivada;
Coca de escalivada con boquerones:
Josper roasted red bell pepper, eggplant and onion with boquerones (fresh anchovy)

View attachment 839890
Bikini de jamón con queso Manchego: Pressed sandwich of Serrano and Sweet ham with Manchego cheese

View attachment 839891
Plato mixto de Croquetas:
A selection of both Chicken and Jamón Ibérico de Bellota fritters

View attachment 839892
Mero con salsa de Mejillones al Azafrán:
Josper Grilled Mero with roasted leeks and a Mussels Saffron cream sauce

View attachment 839893
Secreto ibérico de bellota:
Secreto ibérico cooked on the basque grill and served with pan con tomate

View attachment 839894
Tarta de queso vasca:
“Burnt” Basque goat cheesecake; Fresh strawberry sorbet; a glass of Spanish sherry

View attachment 839895
We had an extraordinary meal at Jaleo, at Disney Springs, on Tuesday night. The irony is that the best restaurant at Disney isn't owned by Disney at all.

View attachment 839887
View attachment 839888
Sipping Vermut at the bar before dinner

View attachment 839889
L-R: Cono de Mero Crudo y Escalivada:
Cone of Florida Atlantic Red Grouper Tartare with Escalivada;
Coca de escalivada con boquerones:
Josper roasted red bell pepper, eggplant and onion with boquerones (fresh anchovy)

View attachment 839890
Bikini de jamón con queso Manchego: Pressed sandwich of Serrano and Sweet ham with Manchego cheese

View attachment 839891
Plato mixto de Croquetas:
A selection of both Chicken and Jamón Ibérico de Bellota fritters

View attachment 839892
Mero con salsa de Mejillones al Azafrán:
Josper Grilled Mero with roasted leeks and a Mussels Saffron cream sauce

View attachment 839893
Secreto ibérico de bellota:
Secreto ibérico cooked on the basque grill and served with pan con tomate

View attachment 839894
Tarta de queso vasca:
“Burnt” Basque goat cheesecake; Fresh strawberry sorbet; a glass of Spanish sherry

View attachment 839895
El vino tinto
This is our new Favorite. We've been 4 times on our last 3 trips down. We even have a Favorite server we ask for. Winnie.
El vino tinto

Attachments

• 20231215_191221.jpg
    20231215_191221.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 2
Not sure if you are referring to the one that is around $100/pp, for 11 (?) small plates. But my nephew-in-law and I did this a couple weeks ago. It was AMAZING! I do not eat a lot, NIL, definitely does. We both loved it. Enough that each of us were able to try the dish, and he polished off what I didn’t finish 😂. Did I love every single dish? Nope. Did I try things I never would have ordered and love them? Heck yeah! One of the top dining experiences. I don’t drink alcohol, NIL does, he really enjoyed the recommended cocktails.
Thank you! This helps a lot. I'm definitely putting it on my list for our upcoming trip in September!

I have not been to the one in Disney. I used to live in DC and would go to the location there as often as I could. It is a wonderful restaurant and Chef Jose Andres the man behind it is absolutely amazing. Check out his charity to see an organization that really does a lot of amazing work. World Central Kitchen.

If you sign up for the inKind app (it's a pay-at-the-table app), you can save up to 30% (sometimes more!) when you fund your inKind Wallet. PM me for a sign-up code, and we'll both get a bonus when you pay for the first time. They have promos all the time, and you can stack their offers. It's good at restaurants around the country, including most Jose Andres places.

I was there at the end of February. Great food. The mussels were the best I've ever eaten. As a solo diner, though, the service wasn't good. It was very clear to me that I was not a priority, especially compared to the larger tables around me. I've had good service there before, though, so I'd say YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter