Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I did the Wanyama Safari in September 2016, and I loved it! There were only 6 of us on my safari.

Before the safari, we were in a private room in Jiko, where they served us Roobios tea, ice water, raisin scones (excellent), chocolate cups with coffee mousse (divine), olive bread with harissa, raita, and mango chutney; and beef sausage (very tasty).

Dinner after the safari was phenomenal. We started with an African sunrise cocktail, then 3 types of bread and 4 dipping sauces, then a trio of Boma salad and a veggie spring roll and a bison spring roll. That was served with a white wine, from The Game Preserve. Then the main course was served family-style - the most tender short rib, halibut with this buttery sauce, breaded chicken (my least favorite), roasted veggies (yummy), Mac and cheese (so good), faro (just okay). Red wine was served with dinner - Cab Sav of The Game Preserve - it was good. Dessert trio: strawberry shortcake, chocolate mousse, and a buttery cake soaked in rum. And a sweet dessert wine. We were given a little gift bag at the end with chocolate and a Wanyama Safari pin.

Sounds amazing! Thank you for the info. That bobotie mac n cheese haunts my dreams. We are planning a "no parks" vacation this year so I think I might have been recently sold on Wanyama. Y'all are bad influences!

If staying at Jambo in a reg. room (non Villa) then on the ground level near Simba's clubhouse, past the arcade is another one..
This is one spot where you can see what is occupied & what is available...http://classic.laundryview.com/disneyworld/
They are usually pretty available..most early mornings, and midday. I'd say they start getting busier, right before dinner and later at night...Just from what I've encountered. :confused3Hope this helps.. Any other questions feel free to ask.
"....Washers and dryers are in laundry facilities located near Simba's Cubhouse. Cost is $3 per wash, and another $3 per dry cycle. The machines take credit cards. A small selection of soap, fabric softener, and dryer sheets are also sold, for around $1 each. A typical wash cycle takes 20 to 30 minutes, and a typical dry cycle takes 40 to 50.

Laundry room cards can be purchased for $7 (using cash or credit) at the hotel's front desk. These cards get you one wash and one dry cycle, plus text messages letting you know when your laundry has been completed. Walt Disney World laundry rooms now make use of a technology called "LaundryView" which displays washer and dryer availability on their website....."

Hi all! I’m beyond excited for my dream stay at AKL CL but I need your help.

Does anyone have experience getting to Animal Kingdom from Animal Kingdom Lodge for RD using Disney busses? I’m hoping to be one of the first in line for Pandora. I’m going midweek, low crowd season and with regular hours. According to The Hub, busses start running at 7:15 am for Animal Kingdom. So, in theory, because of the proximity to AK, Animal Kingdom Lodge busses should be the first ones to arrive, right? I figured a 7:30 arrival at Animal Kingdom would be possible. Is that what others have found?

...or should I take my car?
....personally, I think you'll be fine taking the WDW transportation....

"....Washers and dryers are in laundry facilities located near Simba's Cubhouse. Cost is $3 per wash, and another $3 per dry cycle. The machines take credit cards. A small selection of soap, fabric softener, and dryer sheets are also sold, for around $1 each. A typical wash cycle takes 20 to 30 minutes, and a typical dry cycle takes 40 to 50.

Laundry room cards can be purchased for $7 (using cash or credit) at the hotel's front desk. These cards get you one wash and one dry cycle, plus text messages letting you know when your laundry has been completed. Walt Disney World laundry rooms now make use of a technology called "LaundryView" which displays washer and dryer availability on their website....."

Hmm where did I see that b4???:scratchin:rolleyes1

@SmithSmith. I do believe that if that park opens @ 8 that morning than the first bus should be about an hour prior to start heading to the resort... Even with a 7:15 pick up(from Jambo)& off to the park, you should be arriving in roughly 5-6 mins..They should start letting you through the gates maybe 15 mins. or so prior to opening, & then you'll be stopped up just passed the bridge... You should definitely be fine. It is amazing though to actually see how that line winds around an makes its way all the way back out of Pandora and back to the main path by Pizzafari. But that's on a somewhat busy day during a decently busy season...

Staying at Jambo House 7/24 -8/1 and so excited. Renting DVC points for a standard studio. Can anybody tell me which stop (generally) AKL is from MCO? I know it can vary some but I am hearing it is the 3rd stop after CSR and POP? Trying to plan the arrival day and ADR's.

Staying at Jambo House 7/24 -8/1 and so excited. Renting DVC points for a standard studio. Can anybody tell me which stop (generally) AKL is from MCO? I know it can vary some but I am hearing it is the 3rd stop after CSR and POP? Trying to plan the arrival day and ADR's.

In 4 trips we were 1st twice, 2nd once and 3rd once.

@SmithSmith. I do believe that if that park opens @ 8 that morning than the first bus should be about an hour prior to start heading to the resort... Even with a 7:15 pick up(from Jambo)& off to the park, you should be arriving in roughly 5-6 mins..They should start letting you through the gates maybe 15 mins. or so prior to opening, & then you'll be stopped up just passed the bridge... You should definitely be fine. It is amazing though to actually see how that line winds around an makes its way all the way back out of Pandora and back to the main path by Pizzafari. But that's on a somewhat busy day during a decently busy season...
.....OR, you can be a total numnutz like my DS and his GF and head straight towards EE.....

I know when we stayed here, we stopped at CSR 1st and then Kidani, & then Jambo...but it was just the 2 resorts...The following time it was All stars 1st then us the CSR If I do recall. TBH it's really not much added on..

Thanks for the information! So looking forward to it! This is our 8th trip and first stay at a Deluxe. So far, POFQ is our favorite however, I can see AKL taking over!

LoL, If this place doesn't leave POFQ in it's dust, then I don't know what's up...Heheheh J/k of course, but you'll notice the extra amenties that you get from a deluxe/ villa, compared to a mod....Nothing against mods, because I'm a huge fan, for the price....But You'll see....Especially that 1st moment when you set foot into the bldg. Lobby.....I'll just leave it at that!!!!

I can't wait! We are so looking forward to the huge pool, the restaurants, the animals and the great bus service to the parks. Five minutes to AK? I am in!! POFQ, we love the quaintness, and the theming. However, this is a step above. I am really looking forward to visiting the bars there too!

AKL has never been first when I’ve ridden DME, in fact it’s always been last for me. Usually the bus stops at some combination of the Allstars/POP/AOA then CSR. Sometimes CBR. One particularly memorable DME ride we stopped at every budget resort, CSR and CBR so we were the 7th stop and the couple going to Kidani was the 8th. After that ride I don’t make any firm plans based on DME arrival estimates.
These days when I hop on DME I always wonder will this be the ride where AKL is first like some lucky people have experienced, so far it’s not happened for me.

My son and I will be at AKL Mar 2-7. I'm very excited to experience this resort. DH will hang back since he says he's not into animals or disney, even though I know he's enjoyed each of our prior trips :rolleyes:
March

Momfoaj, Feb 28th - 5th

Glam, 2nd - 7th, AKL

Cantoine, 12th - 17th, Jambo

MeeskaMooska13, 27th - Apr 2nd, AKL

Just booked our first stay at AKL! I let my 4 yr old decide, and he is very excited about the bunk bed in our room. We'll be there Jan 28-Feb 2. Really looking forward to it! Also, Jiko is one of our fav restaurants, and it will be nice to be able to finally eat there without having to take two buses to get there, lol.
January

Hosler427, 17th - 27th, Kidani

Cando86, 20th - 27th, Kidani

The Lucky Bug, 21st - 27th, AKV

Frankie Vivian, 27th - Feb 3rd, Kidani

Sophie832, 28th - Feb 2nd, AKL

Woohooo!!! DH and I just booked a sort of last minute trip for next month! We will be at AKL in a savanna view room from 2/26 - 3/2!!!
It will be our 1st trip anywhere alone since we started parenting almost 14 years ago. I can't wait!!! :yay:
February

RedK, 3rd - 10th, AKL

RachelTori, 3rd - 9th, CL Jambo

Brandilla, 3rd - 10th, AKL

HolRae, 5th - 9th, CL Jambo

MaizeRage25, 10th - 11th, Jambo

Dug720, 18th - 23rd, AKL

Mousemommy1, 26th - Mar 2nd, AKL

Booked for our first stay at AKL as part of a triple split! We will be in a standard studio at AKV Jambo 7/30-8/2 after spending six nights at BCV and a couple at one other resort prior to that (waiting for discounts to pick which one). So excited to get to try out AKL! Our trip will be long enough for us to have a resort day and we’re planning to do that at AKL.
August

Jfsag123, Jul30th - 2nd, AKV Jambo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter