Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Had never been to this resort, and loved it. I stayed at Jambo House. I was so glad the pool opened the day after I arrived and was able to enjoy it with the kids. Definitely will be staying here again.
How is the pool refurbishment? :confused:What did they do with the refurb? TIA! Sounds like you had a great time!:goodvibes

Hi guys!

We had an awesome stay here back in July and have recommended it to family friends who are going but I mentioned I had heard room refurb was currently happening. I've been googling around and can't find anything current on it---is it still happening? TIA!!

Hi guys!

We had an awesome stay here back in July and have recommended it to family friends who are going but I mentioned I had heard room refurb was currently happening. I've been googling around and can't find anything current on it---is it still happening? TIA!!

Someone else here may correct me if I am wrong, but I'm pretty sure the last room refurb was late 2016-ish?

I booked a stay at AKL for 1 night, arriving a day early, before our BWV stay. The only thing they had available was a standard view (what I booked) or a savanna bunk bed. My kids are 22 and 15, so not chancing the BB. However, we are super bummed there isn't a savanna view available. Any recs on getting maybe a partial view in the standard room? The CM I spoke to was not very helpful and told me I could only request options like low floor, high floor, close to elevator. I keep checking the site in case one pops up, but so far, nada. I'm crossing my fingers one does open up, though.

ETA: And even more frustrating....If I add a couple of nights and look, Savanna view is available!!! But it won't show for just the one night. Urghhh!!!
If you don’t mind walking a bit you might request Kudu trail - there are partial Sunset savanna view rooms located there.

Hi guys!

If you search in this thread, there was discussion not too long ago about a 'soft refurb.' Just replacing things like tvs. No actual construction.

We are staying at AKL for the first time in January! It will also be our first trip with our LO who will be 16 months old then. Are there any resort activities (besides animal watching of course!) that might appeal to her? We will be in Jambo House, but I’ve heard the kids pool area at Kidani is amazing - would this be a bit intense for such a little one or is there parts she would enjoy? TIA!

There was cookie/cake decorating when I was there last January. My husband and I were the only ones there It was really cute and pretty simple, I think she would enjoy it with some help from you!

Just got back from our stay at Kidani and we have fallen in love with this resort! I know people complain about its distance from everything but that never caused a problem for us. Magic Kingdom was the furthest by bus and even that was only 15-20 minutes. The only issue we had with transportation was that it seemed like there weren't enough buses running. We waited both at the resort and the parks for far longer than any other resort we have stayed at. This was a bit of a bummer but our only negative. The resort shuttle bus was amazing and never waited longer than 5 minutes for it.

We went to the Jambo pool simply because we felt we should since it opened early and I have to say that we like the Kidani pool better! The Jambo one is just set up so weird. I don't understand why you can't walk around the entire pool without going in and out of fencing. Glad it is open to those who use it, but we preferred our day at the Kidani pool.

We had a Savanah view room and loved every minute of it. We saw so many animals, including a zebra rolling around in the dirt which was awesome. We never did Sanaa but did venture down there and saw the sign that said Quick & Casual Breakfast from 7-10. We had breakfast food in our rooms so just never got around to going down.

We will without a doubt be going back to AKL some day. Hope everyone going soon has as an amazing a time as we did!

Just got back from our stay at Kidani and we have fallen in love with this resort! I know people complain about its distance from everything but that never caused a problem for us. Magic Kingdom was the furthest by bus and even that was only 15-20 minutes. The only issue we had with transportation was that it seemed like there weren't enough buses running. We waited both at the resort and the parks for far longer than any other resort we have stayed at. This was a bit of a bummer but our only negative. The resort shuttle bus was amazing and never waited longer than 5 minutes for it.

We went to the Jambo pool simply because we felt we should since it opened early and I have to say that we like the Kidani pool better! The Jambo one is just set up so weird. I don't understand why you can't walk around the entire pool without going in and out of fencing. Glad it is open to those who use it, but we preferred our day at the Kidani pool.

We had a Savanah view room and loved every minute of it. We saw so many animals, including a zebra rolling around in the dirt which was awesome. We never did Sanaa but did venture down there and saw the sign that said Quick & Casual Breakfast from 7-10. We had breakfast food in our rooms so just never got around to going down.

We will without a doubt be going back to AKL some day. Hope everyone going soon has as an amazing a time as we did!

We think Kidani's pool is much more fun, too. And, the walk back dries you off :)

Is the Christmas tree up? Anxious to see it. Last stay, they were putting it up overnight and we had to leave early AM without seeing it done.

Is the Christmas tree up? Anxious to see it. Last stay, they were putting it up overnight and we had to leave early AM without seeing it done.
We only have 5 more sleeps before we spend 2 nights at AKL (for the first time)! 3 more sleeps until we arrive in Orlando.
The pools are heated, right? Our first day at AKL is calling for a high of 61 with rain :( I am determined to step foot in that newly reburbished pool (or at least a toe)!

enhance

We have a pool view room booked and due to check in next week. Not checked in on line yet,hoping to be upgraded to a savannah room. What’s our chances?

Tomorrow is fastpass day! 61 days til our first stay at AKL. We booked a standard room but I hope to call today to try to get a request for partial savannah view on our reservation. If not we will be fine, we usually only stay at our resort to sleep, nap, maybe one afternoon swim. But if we did have savannah view maybe we’d linger a little longer lol. My birthday and my daughter’s birthday are both during our stay so maybe we can get a little bit of pixie dust but we won’t be checking in until after 10 pm so my guess is those rooms will be long gone by then.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter