Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Between going to a wedding and DS internship, we'll have to move our trip from June to late July/early August. Can't wait to be back "Home" again. DS is so excited to be staying at AKL again! Now back to planning :coffee:

Staying in Jambo DVC studio-savanna view in November. Any room or floor suggestions?
A savanna view studio at Jambo will be on the 5th floor on either Kudu or Zebra trail. From Kudu trail you will be on either Sunset savanna (which is between Kidani & Jambo & is the largest) or Arusha savanna (the central savanna.) From Zebra trail you will be on Arusha savanna or Uzima savanna. All 3 savannas have Giraffe and usually at least a pair of Zebra plus many other animals. Zebra trail is closer to the pool & the Mara (QS restaurant.) I’ve had villas on each of the savannas and my favorite was a villa on Zebra trail overlooking Uzima near a pond, but how often you see animals depends a great deal on when you are looking for them.

A savanna view studio at Jambo will be on the 5th floor on either Kudu or Zebra trail. From Kudu trail you will be on either Sunset savanna (which is between Kidani & Jambo & is the largest) or Arusha savanna (the central savanna.) From Zebra trail you will be on Arusha savanna or Uzima savanna. All 3 savannas have Giraffe and usually at least a pair of Zebra plus many other animals. Zebra trail is closer to the pool & the Mara (QS restaurant.) I’ve had villas on each of the savannas and my favorite was a villa on Zebra trail overlooking Uzima near a pond, but how often you see animals depends a great deal on when you are looking for them.

Great info, thanks!

What is the difference between the "Jambo Deluxe Studio ‑ Savanna View" and the Jambo DVC studio-savanna?

Great info, thanks!

What is the difference between the "Jambo Deluxe Studio ‑ Savanna View" and the Jambo DVC studio-savanna?
I don’t know - I’d assume they were the same thing, are these cash reservations and is there a difference in price between the two?
Disney owns or has access to some of the DVC inventory and rents it out for cash, but the actual studios are all from the same pool of villas.
There are slightly smaller value studios on Giraffe and Ostrich trail on the 5th floor, but at least when you are using points to reserve them you can’t pick between standard and savanna view, it’s luck of the draw w/ the values, the few that abut Sunset savanna on Ostrich trail have a pretty limited view of the savanna.

I booked a Deluxe Studio - Standard View in Jambo House. Is there any way I can request or a partial Savanna view? If not, what rooms can actually get a partial Savanna view?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I booked a Deluxe Studio - Standard View in Jambo House. Is there any way I can request or a partial Savanna view? If not, what rooms can actually get a partial Savanna view?

Thanks!
Sure, lots of people request partial savanna view, or Kudu trail where a number of the villas are classified as standard but have partial savanna views overlooking Sunset savanna.
Standard villas at Jambo House have partial savanna or pool or pool + roof views. In Jambo House the only villas with parking lot views are the value villas.

I have so much to say about AKL but I’m tired so maybe more later - they have renewed my faith in Disney resorts. Every single employee was top notch and service was impeccable!! The greeter at Jambo is delightful! Can’t wait to go back. We moved to Universal today and I’m sad.

As for construction- cranes are up on the Arusha side of the Kudu trail (most of it) and on a section of the sunset side as well. We were in 2228 (level below the lobby) and they put a barrier up for refurb to block the hall access at the junction just past our room. We still had old furnishings. We had a note about noise between 9am and dusk, but only heard a drill once, at 9am.

I have so much to say about AKL but I’m tired so maybe more later - they have renewed my faith in Disney resorts. Every single employee was top notch and service was impeccable!! The greeter at Jambo is delightful! Can’t wait to go back. We moved to Universal today and I’m sad.

As for construction- cranes are up on the Arusha side of the Kudu trail (most of it) and on a section of the sunset side as well. We were in 2228 (level below the lobby) and they put a barrier up for refurb to block the hall access at the junction just past our room. We still had old furnishings. We had a note about noise between 9am and dusk, but only heard a drill once, at 9am.

So good to hear!!

I LOVE IT, thanks for sharing and....PLEASE post some pics!

If I want to stay at a 1 bedroom savanna view room for 9 days at Animal Kingdom how far out would I need to get the room booked? We are thinking about staying here for our first trip sometime summer 2020

Thanks!
We had a partial savanna view last month from room 5210. We didn't have any requests, just lucked out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190330-221613.png
    Screenshot_20190330-221613.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Since you were on the second floor does it appear that the upper floors on Kudu are done?

I didn't see anything to suggest they were either finished or not. You really can't tell from the outside. I did see a report elsewhere that all floors on Kudu past a certain point are offline. Seems a lot to me. This is my best guess based on what I saw from Sanaa and from the Arusha overlook. Sorry I can't speak to all floors on the hallway being blocked, just to 2nd floor.
Kudu trail.png

So good to hear!!

I LOVE IT, thanks for sharing and....PLEASE post some pics!
Pictures - I'm having trouble uploading the larger files. Here are some to start.

At Sanaa -
IMG_9903.JPG

from Arusha overlook. Looking toward Zebra trail - notice more fencing for the painting cranes.
IMG_9888.JPG IMG_9884.JPG IMG_9878.JPG

looking from our balcony - 2228, standard view. Would've preferred higher with less people pen, but happy to not look at construction.
IMG_9852.JPG IMG_9850.JPG IMG_9849.JPG IMG_9842.JPG IMG_9839.JPG IMG_9836.JPG

Thank you so much - the pictures are just wonderful! We have our fingers, toes, and everything crossable crossed for renting DVC points at AKC Jambo in 2020. Once next week begins, it will be time to look for the magic e-mail!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!