Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I already asked this, but does anyone have any experience with the spa hours? The website says until midnight which doesn't seem accurate to me

I’m sure this has been asked a thousand times but what’s the difference between Jambo and Kidani? I booked a stay online at AKL for June 2018 but do I need to request one of the other? I wasn’t really given that info. Thanks in advance!

I’m sure this has been asked a thousand times but what’s the difference between Jambo and Kidani? I booked a stay online at AKL for June 2018 but do I need to request one of the other? I wasn’t really given that info. Thanks in advance!

AKL Jambo is the original building and it's the building that has regular hotel rooms (and some vacation club mixed in), whereas Kidani is purely the Disney Vacation Club Villas. It's possible to book the Villas even if you're not a vacation club member but it should say specifically where you booked.

I already asked this, but does anyone have any experience with the spa hours? The website says until midnight which doesn't seem accurate to me

The hours are funky like that on the website because the fitness center is 24 hour access. I'm not much help otherwise but have read in the past that other guests who got massages at Zahanati said that it was not set up to be super relaxing and that there were very few treatment rooms. We got massages at Senses at the Grand Floridian in January (were staying at AKL that night) and it worked out great. The spa at the Grand was still what I'd consider small compared to home, but it did have a "wet room" with a hot tub and steam room and a relaxation room with magazines, snacks, infused waters, etc. Enjoy your trip and your treatment if you book one!

The hours are funky like that on the website because the fitness center is 24 hour access. I'm not much help otherwise but have read in the past that other guests who got massages at Zahanati said that it was not set up to be super relaxing and that there were very few treatment rooms. We got massages at Senses at the Grand Floridian in January (were staying at AKL that night) and it worked out great. The spa at the Grand was still what I'd consider small compared to home, but it did have a "wet room" with a hot tub and steam room and a relaxation room with magazines, snacks, infused waters, etc. Enjoy your trip and your treatment if you book one!

Thanks for your help! That was my suspicion about the hours. I'm actually trying to book them for my brother and his GF per their request, but it might actually be better to do the spa at Grand Floridian because it'd be easier to get there in the middle of the day (at least from Epcot and MK). It is a bit more expensive but sounds like it might be worth it.

Can you please add me for December 4 - 12? Looking forward to staying at AKL again, DH and I stayed here for the first time in April of 2015 and loved it.
December

Jmsaj, 1st - 5th, AKV

Monica9, 1st - 7th, AKL

Beedee12, 1st - 10th, AKL

Rlduvall, 2nd - 9th, AKV

Disdadd14, 2nd - 9th, Jambo House

Rlduvall, 2nd - 9th, AKV

Lumee23, 2nd - 9th, Kidani

Rangerxenos, 4th - 12th, AKL

Somnia, 6th - 15th Jambo CL

JoJoGirl, 8th - 12th, AKL

Disraavenlaur, 8th - 16th, AKL

Sunset7132, 8th - 17th, AKL

New Hamp, 9th - 12th, AKL

MarcV, 9th - 16th, Kidani

Sndral, 9th - 15th, Jambo

CrazzzyforDisney83, 10th - 16th, AKL

LvsTnk, 10th -19th, Kidani

Akess, 13th - 22nd, AKL

Dtkids, 16th - 22nd, AKL

Mlunsford, 21st - 26th, AKL

Jeremeyp, 21st - 27th, Jambo

BaseballMoM2007, 21st - 30th, AKL

Brandyleeann, 30th - Jan 1st, AKL

After my solo visit in May I wasn't sure if/when I'd be headed back to AKL but...by some kind of crazy miracle, I just bought my friend's DVC reservation b/c she is moving and can't make it down! So DH and I will be making our first couples trip (although there is a chance we might have to bring the kids, which is fine too!) and staying in a savanna view studio 12/31 - 1/4. I think we're going to book 12/30 at Pop to get a bonus day, and I've already made our dining reservations (yesterday, before it was even official, LOL - the crazy planner in me is alive and well!)
January

Xlsm, Dec 31st - 4th, AKL

TeeterTots, 5th - 8th, AKL

Gillep, 3rd - 10th, AKL

Hosler427, 17th - 27th, Kidani

Cando86, 20th - 27th, Kidani

The Lucky Bug, 21st - 27th, AKV

Frankie Vivian, 27th - Feb 3rd, Kidani

We are booked for a trip 4/25/18-5/1/18!!! We will be staying club level savannah view!!!! So excited
April

L_MD, 13th - 16th, AKL

CeruleanMoon, 21st - 28th, Jambo

NightAngelX, 22nd - 28th, AKL

MissNurse, 25th - May 1st, AKL

I am officially booked for an adults only trip with my husband next year, August 31 through September 4, pool view room. It will be our first time staying in one of the deluxe hotels. I booked it on a bounce back offer for free dining, we just got back a week at Port Orleans Riverside. We loved it, although it was a bit spread out, but wanted to splurge next year since it would just be my husband and myself for a food and wine trip. I have read through all 92 pages, and I am so excited to stay here. The only thing, I am not sure about the pool view… When I booked it, the cast member on the phone told me that sometimes they have a partial savanna view as well. But, reading through this thread it seems like that Pool view rooms are the only ones that do not have a savanna view. My husband likes to be close to the lobby, restaurants, and transportation, which is why I paid for the upgrade. But, I would really love to have a bit of a savanna view. Should I upgrade to savanna view to get this? Or just stick with Pool view? Do the pool view rooms still have a nice view from the balconies? I am really excited about staying at this hotel, and, even though we will spend a lot of time at food and wine, I am planning a full day off to enjoy the restaurants and maybe the spa at this hotel.
September

Margievis, Aug 31st - 4th, AKL

TandCmum, 15th - , AKL

:bday: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY !!!
HOPE YOU HAVE HAD A WONDERFUL DAY !! and MANY MORE CELEBRATIONS are in store !!:rainbow:
Sorry that I have been MIA ...
now that I am :-) HAPPILY RETIRED :-)
I'll be on here often !!

In August Marco and I spent 12 days at AKL, celebrating my bday (65), our anniversary (40 years) and my retirement !! :jumping1:
Congratulations!

We will be at AKL for the first time November 25- December 1 booked standard room
Enjoying this thread
November

ALK$Disney, 1st - 9th, AKV Jambo House

Gracie09, 2nd - 11th, Kidani

DizDad7, 3rd - 6th, SSR

Paradesintherain, 4th - 12th, Jambo House

DizDad7, 6th - 11th AKV

TaraPA, 11th - 13th, AKL CL

Chimo2u, 11th - 16th, AKL CL

Pennstate6411, 11th - 18th, AKL

Mindy S, 11th - 19th, AKL

nemoMomof3, 12th - 18th, AKL

RmeDad, 14th - 21st, AKL

Bjcaed, 15th - 23rd, AKL

Sparty, 15th - Dec 2nd, AKL

DevonsDisneyMom, 17th - 22nd, AKL

Sassy2000, 17th - 24th, AKL

Paperstarfish, 19th - 24th, AKL

Tipsytrtle, 25th - Dec 1st, AKL

Greg36, 25th - Dec 9th, AKL

Ill see you there. 28th - 30th myself.
November

ALK$Disney, 1st - 9th, AKV Jambo House

Gracie09, 2nd - 11th, Kidani

DizDad7, 3rd - 6th, SSR

Paradesintherain, 4th - 12th, Jambo House

DizDad7, 6th - 11th AKV

TaraPA, 11th - 13th, AKL CL

Chimo2u, 11th - 16th, AKL CL

Pennstate6411, 11th - 18th, AKL

Mindy S, 11th - 19th, AKL

nemoMomof3, 12th - 18th, AKL

RmeDad, 14th - 21st, AKL

Bjcaed, 15th - 23rd, AKL

Sparty, 15th - Dec 2nd, AKL

DevonsDisneyMom, 17th - 22nd, AKL

Sassy2000, 17th - 24th, AKL

Paperstarfish, 19th - 24th, AKL

Tipsytrtle, 25th - Dec 1st, AKL

Greg36, 25th - Dec 9th, AKL

Monorail_man_NJ, 28th - 30th, AKL

Thanks for your help! That was my suspicion about the hours. I'm actually trying to book them for my brother and his GF per their request, but it might actually be better to do the spa at Grand Floridian because it'd be easier to get there in the middle of the day (at least from Epcot and MK). It is a bit more expensive but sounds like it might be worth it.

I really liked Senses at the Grand. I wish I'd allowed more time to relax before my massage but our Narcoossee's brunch ran longer than I thought. My therapist was Elizabeth and the treatment room and massage itself were great. Products smelled good and the music and ambiance were very relaxing. Wet room was small but nice - tell them to bring swimsuits to enjoy the wet room. The relaxation room with the magazines and all was nice but busy. Locker room nice but I wouldn't have wanted to totally shower and do makeup there as it was on the small side and there wasn't much vanity space. There were combs and toiletries and everything if you did want to bring a bag. There is a separate nail treatment room I did not experience. I think they will get an overall more relaxing experience at the Grand but I don't have firsthand experience to compare it to the AKL options, I just remember reading a review where someone was disappointed.

I really wish I had known the fitness center was 24 hours last year when I went. For some reason when looking at the webpage it made it sound like it closed at 6 so I never went to lift weights :( Thankfully I know for this trip!

Does touring plans show the DVC rental rooms? We went for a standard deluxe studio and looking through touring plans, it seems that the pool views are in an area that's a little louder while the partial savannah views are further out and quieter. I don't care much about the view but the quieter the better for my toddler.

I really liked Senses at the Grand. I wish I'd allowed more time to relax before my massage but our Narcoossee's brunch ran longer than I thought. My therapist was Elizabeth and the treatment room and massage itself were great. Products smelled good and the music and ambiance were very relaxing. Wet room was small but nice - tell them to bring swimsuits to enjoy the wet room. The relaxation room with the magazines and all was nice but busy. Locker room nice but I wouldn't have wanted to totally shower and do makeup there as it was on the small side and there wasn't much vanity space. There were combs and toiletries and everything if you did want to bring a bag. There is a separate nail treatment room I did not experience. I think they will get an overall more relaxing experience at the Grand but I don't have firsthand experience to compare it to the AKL options, I just remember reading a review where someone was disappointed.

That all sounds lovely! I'll pass it on to them, thanks again for sharing with me! I remember the disappointed experience from this thread too - like it was really loud from the weight room and not relaxing.

I will be staying at AKL 11/25 - 12/4 with a pool view. I wanted savanah view but no availability when I booked. What is a good request to put in for pool view? Is there any chance of a partial savanah view? Never stayed at AKL, so not familiar with the resort. I apologize if this question has already been asked. I did search through the thread but not finding much related to pool view. Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!