Jan vs Oct.

darph nader

<font color=green>Went APE-CRAZY with suvies<br><f
We may have a chance to visit the World in 2020. We're Land vets.
The question is weather and crowds at those times. TIA.

We may have a chance to visit the World in 2020. We're Land vets.
The question is weather and crowds at those times. TIA.
Crowds will be lighter in January. Weather could go either way during either month. One might be too hot, or could be perfect. The other might be too cold, or could be perfect.

Agreed. I live about 80 miles west of WDW. Oct is still summer here. Humidity doesn't really start to break until the last week of the month. It's still rainy season as well so afternoon T-storms still happen. Crowds are steady and get bigger closer to halloween.
Jan is hit or miss. We've had relatively mild winters of late but that could change this year. I usually like to suggest that Jan is similar to late March in the north east. One day could be hot, the next could be quite cool. Most of the time temps are in the 60's/70's during the day.
Crowds are lighter with the exception of MLK weekend. Large crowds then.

Take into consideration where you live too, especially if you have to drive. My DH always wants to try in the winter, but we can get some nasty snow, and I don't want to miss our trip, or risk our lives because of snow.

Take into consideration where you live too, especially if you have to drive. My DH always wants to try in the winter, but we can get some nasty snow, and I don't want to miss our trip, or risk our lives because of snow.

We live in Tucson. We'll be flyin in. I used to live in the south (Biloxi) about 'cough,,mumble,,cough 50 years ago.

January, hands down - unless Fodd & Wine means a great deal to you. Have been to both and prefer January hands down.

I would say January, but I would be concerned about weather getting there. We drove, and always takes us through the mountains, regardless how we go. Snow would be a huge issue for me. Plus if you fly, snow can really cause some problems.

I disagree with January, 1st if you're coming from the North the weather can delay your trip. Even if it's only a day that's big bucks in WDW. 2nd, I've been there 2 times in January in the last 10 years and the weather was lousy both times, rain and cool temps. If I wanted that, I'd stay in NJ !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!