January 2017

MamaMaleficent2016

Mouseketeer
I didn't see an official thread for this so thought I would get one started. We are planning our next Disney trip for late January and early February. If you are planning for the same , let's share and connect as we anxiously await our return "home".

A little about me... I am a 40 something mom and wife. My kids are 19, 11, and 8. I have been to the World 4 times, starting in 1998. This will be our 5th trip and first split stay. It will also be our longest trip-- 12 nights! I am so excited. I love the planning process and can't wait to hear all about your plans, too!

I am planning for late January, possibly early Feb, either Jan24-Jan31, or Feb 1, or 2nd. Just recieved closing documents for my DVC contract, this will be my first stay that way. I am planning to take My daughter (7 yr), my sister and her two daughters(19&4) and my mother. While it's far from my first trip it will be a first for everyone else except my daughter. My nieces are super excited, especially the older one because she's been a Disney fan along with me her entire life. I am making this trip possible for them because unfortunately my sister just could never do it for them, it's just not financially possible for her. I can't wait to see the look on their faces. I am planning plenty of rest time, as well as some things planned just for my daughter and I to do together. I also love to plan, and they have no idea about any of it, so they are good no matter what. I'm hoping to secure at least one princess meal for all of us together though.

I am planning for late January, possibly early Feb, either Jan24-Jan31, or Feb 1, or 2nd. Just recieved closing documents for my DVC contract, this will be my first stay that way. I am planning to take My daughter (7 yr), my sister and her two daughters(19&4) and my mother. While it's far from my first trip it will be a first for everyone else except my daughter. My nieces are super excited, especially the older one because she's been a Disney fan along with me her entire life. I am making this trip possible for them because unfortunately my sister just could never do it for them, it's just not financially possible for her. I can't wait to see the look on their faces. I am planning plenty of rest time, as well as some things planned just for my daughter and I to do together. I also love to plan, and they have no idea about any of it, so they are good no matter what. I'm hoping to secure at least one princess meal for all of us together though.
That sounds so lovely!!! What a wonderful gift to give them. And congrats on the DVC. What is your home resort? Where are you thinking for your Princess meal? We've done Akershus and Cinderella's Royal Table in the past, and love them both ! My youngest daughter was not born the last time we did CRT, so pretty sure we will do it for this trip.

SSR, I'm totally good with a 2 BR there for this trip, but I'm going to try to do a 2 BR SSR or AK for like 5 days, then see if I can't get 2 studios for 3-4 days, at any resort, even 2 different resorts, so that they can have some time for themselves. I'm torn between CRT and Akershus, love them both, I think the girls will love dining in the castle, my daughter has done both!

I'm planning for January 2017 as well! Anyone know when January will be bookable online?

Packages should be released sometime in July, possibly end of June, it was in July last year and the year before, January is my favorite time to go.

Just booked BWV for January! Will be just the hubby and I for my 30th, gotta do something great to lighten the big day. Will also be our first time at the Boardwalk, super excited!

We're planning on visiting the World Jan 17-25 and are hoping to stay at the Poly(DVC) the first part of our trip and our DVC home resort VGF for the second half of our trip. We'll be bringing my MIL, who will be visiting for the first time and she's very excited. Also coming is our daughter, who will be 5 by then. She's been before but was not quite 3 years old at the time and doesn't really have any memories of that trip. She loves Mickey and the Princesses so we're planning on doing a fair amount of character meals for easy meet and greets.

DW and I are heading to VGF January 8-21. We will be celebrating our new son's 8th birthday as well as one year as a forever family (that will come in December).

This will be my 7th trip but my first with own child and DW and I are wicked excited.

We're planning on visiting the World Jan 17-25 and are hoping to stay at the Poly(DVC) the first part of our trip and our DVC home resort VGF for the second half of our trip. We'll be bringing my MIL, who will be visiting for the first time and she's very excited. Also coming is our daughter, who will be 5 by then. She's been before but was not quite 3 years old at the time and doesn't really have any memories of that trip. She loves Mickey and the Princesses so we're planning on doing a fair amount of character meals for easy meet and greets.
It's such a great time of year to visit!

DW and I are heading to VGF January 8-21. We will be celebrating our new son's 8th birthday as well as one year as a forever family (that will come in December).

This will be my 7th trip but my first with own child and DW and I are wicked excited.
Oh my! What an amazing anniversary to celebrate! Congrats!!!

That's exciting. I used to be a runner. I wish I would have done one of the races when I could!! I bet they are great fun.

We'll be there in early January! Starting off on the Disney Dream for a 4-night Bahamian cruise followed by a few days in the park with our monster squad! Traveling with friends and their kiddos, so it should be a good time for all!

...my biggest issue is that when SWA releases flights in a few weeks we can only get the outbound and not the return. So that's super annoying.

That does sound super annoying. Especially if you are a planner! Thanks for joining us. Still eagerly awaiting the 2017 package rates to be released! :rolleyes1

That does sound super annoying. Especially if you are a planner! Thanks for joining us. Still eagerly awaiting the 2017 package rates to be released! :rolleyes1

That, too! I have my resort booked for the "land" portion of the trip.

When do they usually announce DDP and ticket prices?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!