**January 2018 Check-in Thread**

We'll be in the parks a week from today! I can't believe it. It just hit me. Now I feel panicked, like I've forgotten something....
I've got a week from tomorrow... Though, this time next week I will be waiting to board the plane :) I'm usually a super early overpacker, but I've been down for a week with the flu, so I haven't started yet. Hubs reminds me every time that there's nothing I can forget (other than my credit/debit card and ID) that I can't buy when I get there. But I still worry I'll forget something!

I've got a week from tomorrow... Though, this time next week I will be waiting to board the plane :) I'm usually a super early overpacker, but I've been down for a week with the flu, so I haven't started yet. Hubs reminds me every time that there's nothing I can forget (other than my credit/debit card and ID) that I can't buy when I get there. But I still worry I'll forget something!

Hope you are feeling better....
I am a worrier when packing too, and I know that I can always buy anthying I need but it doesn't stop me from having a fit when I start packing and then right before we leave... I work 6 days a week and I keep thinking I only have 2 actual days off before I leave yikes!! that makes me have anxiety lol

Hope you are feeling better....
I am a worrier when packing too, and I know that I can always buy anthying I need but it doesn't stop me from having a fit when I start packing and then right before we leave... I work 6 days a week and I keep thinking I only have 2 actual days off before I leave yikes!! that makes me have anxiety lol

lol :tiptoe: Im so glad im not the only one counting down days left at work....i work 5 days a week fulltime with 3 kids so i know the feeling of the thought of no work even if it is only for a short while...

I cant wait till i have only 2 days left.....7.5 days and counting :rotfl2:

Last edited:

Because I'm overthinking things, I've changed our hotel from Camelot to Desert Inn. It ended up costing about $200 less and includes (a non-fancy) breakfast. They even charge less for parking! I don't know what the catch is yet, but I've already re-spent that savings in my head...

In other news, I'm still trying to figure out how to tell my daughter that we're going to Disneyland. So far, we've told her that we're taking a vacation next week to visit our friend Walt. She says she's feeling too shy to meet him.

What are you guys gonna wear? We will be there 26th-28th and right now it says upper 60s. Would Jean capris work? And short sleeves? And maybe a cardigan for when we stay after dark?

I would suggest something heavier than a cardigan, especially for nights. It gets pretty cold at night! I would want full pants for evenings myself but maybe that's because I live here. You're looking at low 60s and 50s for nights even on warmer days.

Because I'm overthinking things, I've changed our hotel from Camelot to Desert Inn. It ended up costing about $200 less and includes (a non-fancy) breakfast. They even charge less for parking! I don't know what the catch is yet, but I've already re-spent that savings in my head...

In other news, I'm still trying to figure out how to tell my daughter that we're going to Disneyland. So far, we've told her that we're taking a vacation next week to visit our friend Walt. She says she's feeling too shy to meet him.

I love this, how cute!!! I miss when my kids were little they grow up way to fast.

We have 3 more weeks!!! I'm super excited.
Is anyone dressing up Disney themed? Yes I'm dorky like that, I would do it... I'm wondering if we should at least get mouse ears, although my toddlers won't wear anything on their heads so it would just be me and hubby wearing them.

We have 3 more weeks!!! I'm super excited.
Is anyone dressing up Disney themed? Yes I'm dorky like that, I would do it... I'm wondering if we should at least get mouse ears, although my toddlers won't wear anything on their heads so it would just be me and hubby wearing them.

I’m dorky like that too. I always wear ears. I can’t find mine so I’ll have to buy a new pair darn haha.

My hubby and kids always laughs at me being a Disney geek. I actually got a full arm tattoo with all Disney characters. Started off with a small idea for a tattoo And my Disney brain took over haha.

We just returned yesterday. Spent Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the parks. We had off and on rain on Monday and Tuesday, which kept the crowds low on Tuesday, but Wednesday was crazy busy. We figured everyone who had planned to go Tuesday went on Wednesday instead. Since we got so much done with the low crowds on Tuesday, we were a lot more OK with Wednesday being so busy. Wednesday was also sunny but cool (60s so jeans and t-shirts) but we got to wear shorts on Thursday when it was around 70. HM, Splash, Dumbo, Grizzly River and Screamin' were closed but we managed to ride everything else. Main Street Vehicles were shown as down for refurb which was no big deal until we arrived on Wednesday and found the hub walled off (we were glad we'd taken photos there on Tuesday) then Town Square was walled off on Thursday. We're assuming that the tracks were what was being refurbished.

We got some good views of Star Wars land from Big Thunder. I'm a big fan of Guardians even though I was a big fan of Tower of Terror. We never did find the Fastpass distribution from Toy Story. I'm sure I'll think of more but if I can answer any of your questions, I will try...

Got back yesterday....had a great time. Loved the low crowds on the rainy days.
We were done at DCA by lunch time....and did all we wanted, even some twice.
FYI Toy Story fast pass distribution is over by Ariel ride, right by WoC distribution

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!