January 2018 Weight Loss Challenge

240 at least i didn't go up..
238 mobetter! :)
237 (was worried this might be more... :) )
238 (.0, still... sufferin' succatash!)
238 (.0 again, i think the battery on this scale is getting flaky.. >:()

got the batteries changed on my backup scale. Still have to do some work on the other one since the screw on the battery cover is stripped.

I got the outcome I was looking for (I asked for some pixie dust earlier this month. I can't really discuss the details, but it was something really important to me! I still have the hospital stay next week, but feel it's all going to go well for me and by next WhooHoo day I will be back being myself

Good Morning!!
It's weigh in day for me and I was happily surprised to see a 3.5 lb loss this week! I started the new WW program 2 weeks ago and so in the 2 weeks I am down 10 lbs! It's going really well, I'm eating real food and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. My goal this next week is to get more active!

I was slimmer of the week in my local slimming club. Their rules are you have to have 2 weeks in row to have chance to get it - most people that lose a lot in week, have slow week after! I shared the spot with someone. I am not 4 lbs away from my end goal

Happy Monday all!

Accountability:
Simplify eating...
I kind of sort of juice cleansed over the weekend. I had decided I would have a little bit to eat in addition to all the drinking, but that little bit turned out to not be healthy choices. Today my extra little bit is oatmeal, so that's better. I finally got back on the scale Saturday morning, expecting to be heavier than when I started the first juice cleanse, but was actually -2 pounds from my pre-cleanse weight so that was like losing 2. Then Sunday morning I was down another 2, so moving in the right direction.
No Starbucks... on track, finally
Daily practice... still working on this
Meditative walks... we had beautiful weather this weekend, but did I get out in it - no, not nearly enough.

What I did do this past weekend was work on my de-cluttering. I got thru most of the kitchen and took six bags to Goodwill. I did most of the closet in the little bedroom, the rest has to wait until the craft room is cleared out. Ahhhh.... the craft room. I got the wall shelves up and the stuff back on them and was able to put the desk and cutting table where they need to be: now I have the room to sort thru everything. The house is feeling so much more light and airy, but I was looking around last night and it looks cluttered, so tonight I'm going to focus on general straightening and clearing surfaces.

I also saw the movie The Post - it was excellent. I love historical stories that take you back to a different world, and explain what was really going on at the time. I don't have much recollection of the Pentagon Papers or the impact their release had... I was just a wee lass at the time after all... but the story is so timely and so well crafted.

Last edited:
Good morning!

Crazy week this past week - my husband was in the hospital from Thursday until Sunday. So proud that I packed my breakfasts and lunches each of the days, and then had a sensible dinner. I also walked for an hour (at least) each morning before going over to the hospital. Weighed in with a 3.4 pound loss on Friday.

Sunday, however, when we got home, I relaxed a bit TOO much. Had cheese/sausage, and then peanut butter and crackers. And didn't meet my step goal for the day.

But weighed in this morning at the same weight as Friday, so I didn't seem to do too much damage. Back on plan today.

Weighed in on the battery replaced scale and it is showing a 2 pound gain compared to my other one. Considering how soon into the month the other scale (that I still can't get the battery cover open on to replace the batteries) started acting up I am not sure how accurate my starting weight was this month. I am revamping my goal to at least 1 pound by the end of the month since we are about halfway through the month. Plan for today is to get my front room picked up enough to use the wii and get some exercise in. The floor has been covered again over the past 3 days thanks to the cats and a certain 10 year old. Almost 13 year old was supposed to pick up but hasn't and I am tired of waiting and the in a bit replies. Easier to plan to do it myself along with getting the load of laundry done that contains my new socks that I haven't gotten to wear yet. They ended up in a puddle of dirty water on the floor since the concept of remove wet boots with snow on them before tracking in the house is still being worked on-this includes the big kid also known as my husband.

237.6... was able to get some walking in yesterday... about a mile... better than nuffin i suppose!

I didn't get my steps in Saturday. First time in several months. Today I have walked enough for two days and then some! Somehow calories were not over Saturday. Boy were they over on Sunday! We spent the night at a hotel so had a Belgian waffle for breakfast (and Greek yogurt) then for lunch had in-n-out hamburger meal with a milkshake. Between the two meals we went to Harry and David's store. OMG so many yummy, yummy things. And SAMPLES! mmmm Ok, I sampled their oranges the most, but there were plenty of other non-healthy things sampled. And we bought a variety of junk food and munched on it the entire drive home!! Just roll us out of the car. We got home right before dark so I made DH go for a walk with me. Tomorrow it's back to work and back to routine.

Nice to see that people are making progress on their goals (or re-setting them)! We're halfway through the month. How does everyone feel they are doing?

glss1/2fll I would be failing if I had set a weight goal. My scale, despite my efforts, went the wrong way. It is so very frustrating. I really really wish I could figure out how to change that. On a better note, my knee has finally stopped hurting, and the achy muscles are gone. I still walk carefully, but it is without pain. Today after school work my small person and I are going to go get hair lopped off in prep of spring weather, then if time we might head over to Epcot to check out the Festival of the Arts :)

Hope everybody has a great day

So far i have been doing good with exercising. I am finding ways to get some in. I am not always getting my steps in but those days I have been to exercising on the XBox. I have been playing Kinect Adventure. It is a lot of fun and I am exhausted when I am done. I have also been sore from it the last couple of days. I weighed myself this morning and I am only down 1.6 pounds. I would have liked to be down 3 by now. I need to start tracking my food and maybe that will help. I do it for about a week and then I stop. I really need to get on that.

Accountability:
Simplify eating...
so I wasn't able to complete the last day of the juice cleanse: when the juice arrived it was thawed but still cool so I thought it would be OK, but after having the morning juice yesterday I felt pretty off so I ended up getting a proper lunch. Then I ordered in pizza last night because I hadn't done the grocery shopping for the week yet. So, just picking up the phone to get food is pretty simple, but not really in keeping with the spirit of the challenge. I did make my over night oatmeal for breakfast this morning, so that's a step in the right direction. Tonight I'll go shopping and make something up for lunches the remainder of the week.
No Starbucks... on day 4 here, so on track.
Daily practice... work in progress.
Meditative walks... did spend time outdoors on the front porch last night, sawing the Christmas tree in to two pieces so that it fit the criteria to be picked up with the other yard waste, not really walking just out of doors.

I've found my word for the year: enough. This is something I need to ponder on so many levels... what is enough and who defined it, teaching myself that I am enough and holding myself accountable when I haven't done what I've decided is enough. I'm ready to do my next round of tattooing and the words "exactly enough" are going to be added to the inside of my wrist so I see it constantly as a reminder.

A key component of the course I'm taking is to always treat yourself with respect - this is a biggie for me, as its something I never even used to think about and certainly didn't do. I'm applying it to my eating to support the needed change in habits... asking myself questions like "is eating that candy bar respectful to my body?", to slow myself down when the sugar monster is in control.

237.6... was able to get some walking in yesterday... about a mile... better than nuffin i suppose!
236.6 mobetter! 3 days of walking in a row... just warm enough... ;)

Checking in to see how everyone is doing this month. Me I am wishing that I could be planning a Disney Trip but not seeing it any time soon due to finances. Oh well with any luck I can get the weight off and be quite a bit smaller for the next trip. Plan is when I get the first credit card paid off to purchase a small $25 Disney Gift Card then put it up for the future. When I get the next one paid off I get another $25 card plus if it is paid off before the end of the year a $25 bonus. My motivation for not spending money on the cards and getting them paid off. Might have to figure out something similar for loosing weight such as for every 10 BMI points I go down I get $25 on a gift card of my choice more in likely Disney as going with a Visa I am finding that they have a fee after a year.

I wrote a long ranty post, and than I remembered its whoohoo Wednesday.
My whoohoo - something that I really wanted came to good result, I am slimmer of the week in my group, while there is a lot of happening - I am able to handle it.

Bread in for 4. Hold for 4. Bread out for 4. Hold for 4. Repeat 4 times. wipe the tears, roll up the sleeves, put some gangster rap and deal with it.

images

Woohoo its Wednesday... I have really been dragging this week, to the point where I'm starting to wonder if I'm skirting around the crud that's going around - not really sick but not well either. Not really a woohoo, except for the not really being sick part.

I've been so tired when getting home after work, that no more progress has been made on the sorting/purging front, but no new messes have popped up either, so that's a good thing... one of the advantages of having less stuff is that there's less stuff to make messes with. Hopefully I'll have a little more gas left in the tank tonight and will get something done, even if its just to sort thru one more drawer.

Still waiting to hear about the details for the retreat in Alaska... kind of want to know how much that is going to cost before coming up with something to do earlier in the Spring, but at the same time it seems like I should get something booked if I want to do something in March... feeling so fortunate that I have the ability to do multiple vacation trips each year.

Woo hoo! Posted on the exercise thread that I'd won a health/fitness holiday contest at work -- lost 22 pounds between November 21 and January 10.

Yesterday the health club gave me my choice of what I wanted - meetings with nutritionist, laundry/locker for a month, health monitor, or free coaching, and I chose the coaching. I have 5 free sessions with the fitness coach, which are normally $289 for 6 sessions!

236.6 mobetter! 3 days of walking in a row... just warm enough... ;)

236.2 (yippee)... too cold to walk today.. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter