January 2018 Weight Loss Challenge

I have a few today woohoos today.

1. I went to Disney Trivia last night with a friend. It was a lot of but we lost.
2. I am going to dinner on Friday with same friend as above and another one of our friends to help her plan her first WDW trip. This is my favorite thing to do. I love the planning.
3. DS was finally able to get back to playing basketball yesterday. He still has a few stitches from his surgery but they are going away and not bothering him
4. DD has been in a great mood the last few days. This morning she only gave me a hug good by. I wasn't allowed to give her a kiss goodbye. I am seeing her slowly grow up but this was a good step for her as drop offs are usually not good with her. I knew she was in a good mood this morning too. She did her hair. She did 2 french braids and then made a bandanna into a headband. It was really cute. I wish i had her skills with doing hair.

Well... I've been missing for good and bad reasons. Good: had a wonderful weekend at Disney. Bad: came back and came down with something awful! Not that there is ever a good time to get sick, but this was particularly bad timing with our party coming up. Thankfully, things are definitely looking better-- I started antibiotics and am feel so much better. I can't stay on plan when I'm sick though, but I have zero guilt in that regard. I don't go for bad foods (in fact I lost my appetite for a while), but all I wanted was soup and lots of bread. So that's what I had. Oh well, bump in the road. Still not feeling 100% today and still eating what I am in the mood for, but I am not worried about it. I'm just staying focused on rest and getting back to myself by Saturday!

Belated Woohoos: So excited for this party this weekend! As of last night, everything is done except for some last minute shopping for fresh fruits and stuff like that. Woohoo that these antibiotics seem to be working even if my head does feel like it's in a vase. That's still way better than how I felt Monday LOL! And lastly, it's chilly here and I am so enjoying a break from the heat!

Well... I've been missing for good and bad reasons. Good: had a wonderful weekend at Disney. Bad: came back and came down with something awful! Not that there is ever a good time to get sick, but this was particularly bad timing with our party coming up. Thankfully, things are definitely looking better-- I started antibiotics and am feel so much better. I can't stay on plan when I'm sick though, but I have zero guilt in that regard. I don't go for bad foods (in fact I lost my appetite for a while), but all I wanted was soup and lots of bread. So that's what I had. Oh well, bump in the road. Still not feeling 100% today and still eating what I am in the mood for, but I am not worried about it. I'm just staying focused on rest and getting back to myself by Saturday!

Belated Woohoos: So excited for this party this weekend! As of last night, everything is done except for some last minute shopping for fresh fruits and stuff like that. Woohoo that these antibiotics seem to be working even if my head does feel like it's in a vase. That's still way better than how I felt Monday LOL! And lastly, it's chilly here and I am so enjoying a break from the heat!
Hope you're feeling even better soon and have a lovely party!

Accountability:
Simplify eating plan...
I've come to the conclusion that this isn't going to start in earnest until next week. I've made tiny steps, as in making/bringing over night oats twice this week but that is all the progress I can claim at this point. I'm going to be OK with that tho, as changing the way I eat is going to be a huge shift.
No Starbucks... fail. I had decided this would actually be Starbucks once a week, which was yesterday, but this morning I am still dragging so I stopped in for a venti cup of caffeine.
Daily practice... also not a success. Several times lately I've slipped back in to old thought patterns, which I think more than anything is related to not feeling well.
Meditative walks... tonight for sure as I so need this.

Looking towards the weekend and thinking about what I want to do... I absolutely positively must get out into nature. And then there's the continued purge/re-organizing projects at home. I did find something I might like to do in March - a knitting retreat in Bend Oregon. Its a 7 hour drive, which I think my Neice has done before so I want to check with her and see what kind of a drive it is. The resort looks absolutely divine, so its looking pretty good. On the way home I'm thinking of maybe breaking it up by heading to the coat for a couple nights... fun stuff.

Happy Thursday everyone!

240 at least i didn't go up..
238 mobetter! :)
237 (was worried this might be more... :) )
238 (.0, still... sufferin' succatash!)
238 (.0 again, i think the battery on this scale is getting flaky.. >:()
237.6... was able to get some walking in yesterday... about a mile... better than nuffin i suppose!
236.6 mobetter! 3 days of walking in a row... just warm enough... ;)
236.2 (yippee)... too cold to walk today.. :(

235.8 (momentum!) :yay:

Good news, bad news. ugh So in bad news, for some quirky reason I decided to step on the scale at work. It's old fashioned with the weights that slide around. According to it my scale at home is ten pounds off--in the wrong direction! I was thinking I was so close to onederland. I am not. But, I'm still 10 pounds closer than I was not so long ago. It's been a drag thinking about that scale today. Good news, I tried on some pants I had in my closet. I had a couple pair that were too big so they are now in a bag for Goodwill! yippee At this moment, every pair of pants hanging in my closet is a wearable pair of pants!

Oneanne--Bend for you is just a straight shot down I5 and a hop over Mt. Hood. easy peasy Carrying traction devices would still be required in March, but you probably won't need them. Nobody's checking so no worries unless it's really bad weather.

So even though I was down in the dumps about the scale, I still tracked my food and got my steps in. I'm under calories for the day so that's good.

What tricks does everyone use to get back on track after a bad food/no exercise decision?

What tricks does everyone use to get back on track after a bad food/no exercise decision?

This is were I am at. I have not exercised since Monday. Tuesday I went out with a friend a played Disney Trivia, Wednesday was just being lazy (also not feeling great. I have a cold) and Thursday was my daughters band concert and tonight I get to go out with a few friends for dinner to help one of them plan their WDW trip. I need to get back on track and soon.

Good news, bad news. ugh So in bad news, for some quirky reason I decided to step on the scale at work. It's old fashioned with the weights that slide around. According to it my scale at home is ten pounds off--in the wrong direction! I was thinking I was so close to onederland. I am not. But, I'm still 10 pounds closer than I was not so long ago. It's been a drag thinking about that scale today. Good news, I tried on some pants I had in my closet. I had a couple pair that were too big so they are now in a bag for Goodwill! yippee At this moment, every pair of pants hanging in my closet is a wearable pair of pants!

So first of all, it might not be a full 10 pounds off. If you weigh yourself with no clothes/shoes before you've eaten or drunk anything in the morning at home, and then weigh yourself at work after dressing and having breakfast/coffee/water, they're going to be different. The way you said your clothes feel is amazing! Congratulations! I'm still using binder clips on some of my pants -- I need to bag them up and get rid of them.

I don't look at my journey as a series of decisions, nor do I think of them as "tricks." It's a journey. Sometimes I get off of the path, and it's just up to me to get back on it. Go back to your basics. You journaled -- that's awesome! Now decide to make a promise to yourself to exercise, and KEEP that promise.

I've found that if I wait to be motivated, I'll never lose weight. I need to do the crap that feels awful and painful, in order for motivation to come.

ETA: Sorry -- just re-read that you got your steps in - that's great! Was thinking of the next post.

I've found that if I wait to be motivated, I'll never lose weight. I need to do the crap that feels awful and painful, in order for motivation to come.

Now decide to make a promise to yourself to exercise, and KEEP that promise.

Yes, this 100%! One of the trainers at my gym posted something that's stuck with me for a while. It was something to the effect of -- You don't do this because you're motivated. No body likes to get up early and go to the gym. You do it based on principles to better yourself, not feelings.

And man, do I struggle with not feeling like doing what I should do.... I am already dreading getting back to the gym after having not gone for so long between being out of town and being sick. I usually tell myself I am just going to take it easy to get back in the swing of things, but I find once I start getting myself moving it's not as bad as I thought.

I don't know... I guess I think about why I am doing this more than anything, and that usually helps me right the course.

As for my week... I'm still drastically off course with exercise and eating, but silver linings: I weighed in this morning at my ultimate goal weight. Now I do realize that this is mainly due to being sick, but man I like seeing that number! I know I am going to have real work ahead of me once I get back to full health to a) get back there and b) keep the scale there, but seeing it makes is such an obtainable reality. 42 lbs ago it seems like SUCH a long way away.... and it was! But it's within my grasp right now! I just have to keep thinking about that to keep me focused :-)

237.6... was able to get some walking in yesterday... about a mile... better than nuffin i suppose!

235.6 :-)rolleyes1)

My scale I am loving but I think it's crazy

It has shown a 90 plus drop
A 20 plus drop
all since Monday.

I didn't write down
Batteries were replaced on Sunday

If the scale is not showing these drastic drops it is showing an E message but it goes off so fast I can't get down and read the .5 front size so no idea which one it is and how to correct it.

My other scale we still can't get the screws out of the plastic. I have done some searching on how to do this and they suggest using a dremmel. Husband has one but it is in the derby car box down in the basement and he won't go find it.

I have decided that if he has not bothered by next Friday (payday) I will be purchasing a new scale and he can deal with it. He does not like me spending money on yet another scale. Doesn't the other one work. Hmm No. 2 are in acurrate though I like the numbers on the one, and the one that works decently I need to drop close to 100 pounds based on what I feel was an accurate number before that one will be in my range (then we will check accuracy since it has been played with by 10 year old (much younger age) so the drops it has had I am not sure.

I think I am going to bow out of challenge now. life just became too hard for the moment. thanks for letting me post in here. my mom passed away yesterday and i am kind of lost. it was out of the blue. woman had been incredibly healthy her whole life. she was hiking, told those with her it was so beautiful, then just collapsed. i don't want to exercise. i just want to cry. i wish all of you the best in your weight loss.

I think I am going to bow out of challenge now. life just became too hard for the moment. thanks for letting me post in here. my mom passed away yesterday and i am kind of lost. it was out of the blue. woman had been incredibly healthy her whole life. she was hiking, told those with her it was so beautiful, then just collapsed. i don't want to exercise. i just want to cry. i wish all of you the best in your weight loss.

I am so sorry Jaelless to hear about your mom. Please think of us all as support. Our challenge is out there to loose weight, get in better shape, eat better, drink more water than sugared drinks, ect it is not a challenge to see who can reach her ( or his if there are any men out there lurking who may wish to join) goal first. Right now your weight loss, exercise, and healthy eating journey has temporarily been halted and that's ok. Take that time for yourself right now and if that means going to Olive Garden (sorry trying to think of a place that I know you more in likely have there that we have here so I know the menu) and having a huge plate of spaghetti by all means go for it and don't feel guilty.

We will be here if you need us not only for getting to a healthier life but even if you just want to talk about anything if not on this months thread then on the next months or even a few months from now.

235.6 :rolleyes1

234.6 o_O (uncharted territory!)

I'm so sorry for your loss. What an ugly surprise! I second what Sweetpeama said: we are here whenever you need us!

If you could eat any where on Disney Property either coast where would you eat and what would be on your plate. Is this a splug or does it fit in with you eatting plan

235.6 :rolleyes1
234.6 o_O (uncharted territory!)
234.6 .... holding pattern

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts