January 2019 car rental thread

jimmyc0000

Mouseketeer
Rentals are really crazy now, but thought I’d start the thread. I know it’s early, but we’re starting to plan.

l noticed that the rates at Costco for my January week are quite high. But, this year I could not avoid the week that includes MLK Jr. Day, so that may have something to do with it.

There were some reasonably competitive prepaid rates at the autoslash website. On the (remote) chance that mainstream rates never get much better, I will keep them in mind, as much as I dislike prepaid car rentals generally.

I'm watching too as we're heading down in January for the marathon. Rates are really high right now, but they usually come down a month or so before the trip.

Just reserved for Jan 27 through Feb 2 through Costco. The $312 sticker shock for a compact was enough to make me briefly consider the busses. Hoping they come down!

We are going for 8 nights in early January, I went though AutoSlash and got an Intermediate SUV for $270.00. We never rented through AutoSlash before, but it was the best prices we could find. I'm happy with that price, but hoping it will go a little lower being this far out.

Just booked Jan 27-Feb 6 so now on the look out for a car. We usually drive down so this will be a nice change. Found $99 flights!

I booked with auto slash at the end of July for our Jan 2019 trip, got an intermediate suv with enterprise for $218.
I originally booked with auto slash/Alamo but then realized spouse driving is an additional charge

I booked with auto slash at the end of July for our Jan 2019 trip, got an intermediate suv with enterprise for $218.
I originally booked with auto slash/Alamo but then realized spouse driving is an additional charge
I hope I can get ours lowered!

Auto slash will let you track rental rates and email you if they find a lower price

Dollar's one day super sale (20% off) from a link on their website saved me a little more than the city special for my rental in late January. Looks like it is today only - 10/12/18.

We always rent a car but this time we're considering using ME, Disney transport, and uber/lyft.

We are going for 8 nights in early January, I went though AutoSlash and got an Intermediate SUV for $270.00. We never rented through AutoSlash before, but it was the best prices we could find. I'm happy with that price, but hoping it will go a little lower being this far out.

Regarding auto slash. I just went to the site and my prices are booking through priceline. Are they all like that? Do they ever
book directly? I rather not book with priceline. My PAY NOW rate looked good. But the pay later rate is the same as my
Costco so i passed for now. I also do not want to pay now in case something else comes up . Is the best rate you got
pay right now or later?

thx

Regarding auto slash. I just went to the site and my prices are booking through priceline. Are they all like that? Do they ever
book directly? I rather not book with priceline. My PAY NOW rate looked good. But the pay later rate is the same as my
Costco so i passed for now. I also do not want to pay now in case something else comes up . Is the best rate you got
pay right now or later?

thx
Mine booked through Alamo. I'm assuming that priceline was the best rates they could find.

My costco rate dropped 25 dollars today . So it is (albeit slowly) inching downward. It is is still about
75 dollars higher than i usually pay but it started out being 180 higher than usual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!