*** January 2019 Thread ***

I finished all 25 ADRs today. We usually do a late breakfast/early lunch and then a later dinner and aren't fans of quick service. Hope everyone else has good luck. I'll be buying my AP tomorrow and then waiting for a room discount hopefully and then on to FP time. I know it seems so far, but time flies.

I finished all 25 ADRs today. We usually do a late breakfast/early lunch and then a later dinner and aren't fans of quick service. Hope everyone else has good luck. I'll be buying my AP tomorrow and then waiting for a room discount hopefully and then on to FP time. I know it seems so far, but time flies.

WOW! 25 ADR’s! I’m impressed. :-)

All ADRs are made!! Everything was super easy to get, so im very happy about it.

Awesome! I’ve got two more days to go until I can make mine. I was poking around last night and there were a lot available for 1/7... even BOG and CRT at decent times. I don’t want either of those but I thought it was interesting that there were even any left late in the evening last night since those are usually the first to go. Mine are pretty straightforward so I don’t think I’ll have any issues.

One night we are going to just munch around the countries at Epcot... and assuming the Festival of the Arts starts while we are there, we can hit those booths too. That’s the “meal” I’m most looking forward to - a little bit of everything!

Awesome! I’ve got two more days to go until I can make mine. I was poking around last night and there were a lot available for 1/7... even BOG and CRT at decent times. I don’t want either of those but I thought it was interesting that there were even any left late in the evening last night since those are usually the first to go. Mine are pretty straightforward so I don’t think I’ll have any issues.

One night we are going to just munch around the countries at Epcot... and assuming the Festival of the Arts starts while we are there, we can hit those booths too. That’s the “meal” I’m most looking forward to - a little bit of everything!

Yeah I was able to get Be Our Guest, Ohana breakfast, Cape May, Tusker House and few others that probably dont need to be made this far out but i was up so i figured id make them. Im not even sure the kids are going to like characters so we will see. Im already changing times though haha

Yeah I was able to get Be Our Guest, Ohana breakfast, Cape May, Tusker House and few others that probably dont need to be made this far out but i was up so i figured id make them. Im not even sure the kids are going to like characters so we will see. Im already changing times though haha
So, can you make ADRs for your entire stay on the first 180 day mark, or do you need to make them each day, I.E. The 17th is my 180 mark for our first day, can I make the ADRs for the rest of the week that day?

So, can you make ADRs for your entire stay on the first 180 day mark, or do you need to make them each day, I.E. The 17th is my 180 mark for our first day, can I make the ADRs for the rest of the week that day?

As long as you are staying onsite and your reservation is linked. You can do your whole stay

I made reservations today for the 8th-15th

Okay, I broke the news of the upcoming trip to my DF and he was surprisingly good with it...his exact words were 'Just tell me when and how much...' :goodvibes

I can't do my ADRs until Aug. 2....I'm not sure how many--if any--I should do. I want this to be more laid back and budget friendly, but I have never gone without at least one sit down a day...and with the shorter park hours and cooler weather I have so much to consider...

Okay, I broke the news of the upcoming trip to my DF and he was surprisingly good with it...his exact words were 'Just tell me when and how much...' :goodvibes

I can't do my ADRs until Aug. 2....I'm not sure how many--if any--I should do. I want this to be more laid back and budget friendly, but I have never gone without at least one sit down a day...and with the shorter park hours and cooler weather I have so much to consider...

The last trip I took was a girls trip (adults) and we only did one ADR over five days - it worked out just fine. The time before we only did three over five days. We were there during F&W so we hit up the food booths several times, but there are so many great quick service places everywhere that I truly feel you could go with no ADR’s and still enjoy lots of great options. You can also check TS reservations while you are there for any last minute ones if you really want to sit down for a longer while. The Festival of the Arts should be going on so you will have those food booth options as well. We split a lot of stuff to have tastes of everything and honestly, I don’t think we spent nearly as much as when we’ve been much more regimented with dining.

You can book on your 180th day for your trip up to 10 days if staying on property. If it extends beyond the 10, then you have to do them each day after.

The last trip I took was a girls trip (adults) and we only did one ADR over five days - it worked out just fine. The time before we only did three over five days. We were there during F&W so we hit up the food booths several times, but there are so many great quick service places everywhere that I truly feel you could go with no ADR’s and still enjoy lots of great options. You can also check TS reservations while you are there for any last minute ones if you really want to sit down for a longer while. The Festival of the Arts should be going on so you will have those food booth options as well. We split a lot of stuff to have tastes of everything and honestly, I don’t think we spent nearly as much as when we’ve been much more regimented with dining.

I'm considering doing all QS, but I worry about finding places that aren't too crowded or loud and we definitely need to sit to eat--my DS is autistic, as well as having epilepsy and a few other condition and I find that we do better if we eat some place quiet and he can take his time...are there any QS that would fit this bill?

I'm considering doing all QS, but I worry about finding places that aren't too crowded or loud and we definitely need to sit to eat--my DS is autistic, as well as having epilepsy and a few other condition and I find that we do better if we eat some place quiet and he can take his time...are there any QS that would fit this bill?

Flame Tree BBQ in AK has a huge outdoor seating area (with lots of shade) where you can find a quiet table away from the main hustle and bustle. Columbia Harbour House at MK has an upstairs dining room that’s usually quiet and it overlooks Fantasyland. There is a big outdoor eating area at Liberty Inn in the American pavilion at Epcot, and I also find that the area outside of Les Halles in the France pavilion is pretty quiet even though it's small. At HS, if you get something at Dockside Diner you can eat your food somewhere around Echo Lake where you can probably find a quieter spot, or there are a bunch of QS places on Sunset Boulevard (Rosie's, Fairfax Fare) where there is a lot of outdoor (shaded) seating and you could find a table off to the side.

I would highly recommend eating at off-times if you have someone that's really sensitive to noise... i.e. have an early lunch between 11-12 or a late one between 2-3, early dinner between 4-5 or late one after 7, etc. If you try to avoid the 12-2 and 5-7 timeframes, you may have a better experience. We've always found this to be the case.

Day 180 and dining reservations are done! I got everything I wanted at the exact times I was hoping for... Cape May dinner, Tusker House brunch, The BOATHOUSE dinner, Chefs de France dinner, and Splitsville lunch. The only one new to us is The BOATHOUSE, and I can’t wait to check it out! :-)

Day 180 and dining reservations are done! I got everything I wanted at the exact times I was hoping for... Cape May dinner, Tusker House brunch, The BOATHOUSE dinner, Chefs de France dinner, and Splitsville lunch. The only one new to us is The BOATHOUSE, and I can’t wait to check it out! :-)

Aaaand... I’ve already changed one reservation. Since we’ve been to Chefs de France already, I swapped that one out for the dinner buffet at Trail’s End, which is new to us. My hubby and boys will love the atmosphere there, and since we are staying at WL (Copper Creek), it will be convenient to get there. Plus, buffets are a good thing for two teenage boys that are bottomless pits when it comes to meat! The only thing that may change this plan again is if they do something new to Artist Point that we want to check out... rumor has it that they are changing it up.

Aaaand... I’ve already changed one reservation. Since we’ve been to Chefs de France already, I swapped that one out for the dinner buffet at Trail’s End, which is new to us. My hubby and boys will love the atmosphere there, and since we are staying at WL (Copper Creek), it will be convenient to get there. Plus, buffets are a good thing for two teenage boys that are bottomless pits when it comes to meat! The only thing that may change this plan again is if they do something new to Artist Point that we want to check out... rumor has it that they are changing it up.

Ive already modified my times a whole bunch! Glad you got everything you wanted. When are you doing tusker house?

Ive already modified my times a whole bunch! Glad you got everything you wanted. When are you doing tusker house?

Tusker is 1/11 at 10:45. I’m hoping to get FP for FOP and the Safari beforehand. We can try NRJ standby as well. We like to go to Tusker later because none of us like to eat really heavy stuff too early in the morning. Also, last time we did this, they started bringing out some lunch selections so we got a bit of both.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!