*** January 2019 Thread ***

Yea it’s definitely getting exciting now! Magic bands were shipped today and luggage tags should be here later.

I’ve watched One Mans Dream and Saving Mr Banks. Any other Walt themed movies I should watch??

Not Walt themed, but Avatar will prep you for AK!

I was all excited to use the luggage tags that arrived today, but my girlfriend doesn't trust her bags being delivered to the room. Guess we will be spending an hour at baggage claim... :confused3

I was all excited to use the luggage tags that arrived today, but my girlfriend doesn't trust her bags being delivered to the room. Guess we will be spending an hour at baggage claim... :confused3

Oh nooooo! That’s one of my favorite perks! Would it help if you told her that of the eight or so times I’ve used them, I’ve never had an issue? And she could bring a carry on with some stuff if that would make her feel better...

I honestly didn’t trust it at first either. Then I had kids and really had no choice. There was no way I could wrangle 2 kids, a double stroller and all of our bags. I’m happy to say it is the best service ever!!!! I love hopping off the plane and heading straight to ME. I won’t be using the luggage service on my Jan trip because I’ll be solo and just bringing a carryon but it really is the best service!

Those of you who arrive on Jan 4th, have you gotten your magical express things and have your magic bands shipped? My parents who arrive on Jan 7th got their magical express stuff yesterday so I'm just curious how everyone else's is going

My parents who arrive on Jan 7th got their magical express stuff yesterday so I'm just curious how everyone else's is going

I'm arriving on the 7th as well and received my Magical Express tags yesterday (12/8). No word yet on Magic Bands- the website shows that it's processing for shipment.

Those of you who arrive on Jan 4th, have you gotten your magical express things and have your magic bands shipped? My parents who arrive on Jan 7th got their magical express stuff yesterday so I'm just curious how everyone else's is going

5th. ME in hand, Magic Bands have shipped.

We arrive on the 5th. I have the ME for my niece (we drive) and magic bands are in process saying a label was created, but not yet in system.

I'm arriving on the 7th as well and received my Magical Express tags yesterday (12/8). No word yet on Magic Bands- the website shows that it's processing for shipment.

5th. ME in hand, Magic Bands have shipped.

We arrive on the 5th. I have the ME for my niece (we drive) and magic bands are in process saying a label was created, but not yet in system.

Hm...we arrive on the 4th and don’t have our magical express stuff and magic bands are processing (no shipping label or anything)...granted it’s not like way far behind everyone but it makes me a little nervous...at least about magical express

Hm...we arrive on the 4th and don’t have our magical express stuff and magic bands are processing (no shipping label or anything)...granted it’s not like way far behind everyone but it makes me a little nervous...at least about magical express
I would certainly contact them about ME. With the holidays and extra mail with cards and whatnot, it could have gotten lost.

Fingers crossed that the weather is bad in Buffalo on our way home and we get stuck in Florida for an extra couple of days! :-)

I know this is all in good fun... But around middle of February '18 we were scheduled to fly back to Buffalo. Our late night flight was cancelled rather early in the day, rescheduled for the next day with no trouble.
The problems however were that our bags had already been checked and that we of course had no place to stay. Ended up going right back to the hotel and experienced quite some difficulty in getting another room, the lobby at AKL was packed with people experiencing the same problem. In the end we were able to secure a room.
Finding out our was another while problem, went to luggage center, called airline, called airport all offered no help. Once we were able to get into the room I tried calling Magical Express. They said not to worry about a thing and they would find and deliver the bags. We received them, thankfully, very late in the night.
We're AP holders so the next day we enjoyed another park day. Mindful of possible problems we elected to bring our bags on the bus with us instead of checking them through Disney.
Interestingly enough while waiting in the lobby for the bus, it was packed again with people trying to find rooms because flights were canceled again.
All in all it worked out ok, we had the funds to buy another hotel night, the time to not scramble back home for work, and enjoyed the extra vacation day. But it was a very stressful and hectic process.

Trust me- you are not alone. My girlfriend and I both have anxiety, though mine tends to be a bit more related to irrational fears such as flights being delayed, rain/bad weather, and getting sick just before arriving.

I had my first Anxiety Dream about the trip where apparently it was the Day Of and I hadn't gotten anything done and we were on our way to Disney Springs from the airport when I realized we hadn't checked out bags and I didn't remember to check in and it was gonna take up an extra few hours and we were gonna miss the VOID if we wanted to make our dining reservation, and everything was all wrong...

....but I was still kind of calm because, "Ok, we made it to the park and we knew we weren't gonna actually follow the plan, so this is fine."

I know this is all in good fun... But around middle of February '18 we were scheduled to fly back to Buffalo. Our late night flight was cancelled rather early in the day, rescheduled for the next day with no trouble.
The problems however were that our bags had already been checked and that we of course had no place to stay. Ended up going right back to the hotel and experienced quite some difficulty in getting another room, the lobby at AKL was packed with people experiencing the same problem. In the end we were able to secure a room.
Finding out our was another while problem, went to luggage center, called airline, called airport all offered no help. Once we were able to get into the room I tried calling Magical Express. They said not to worry about a thing and they would find and deliver the bags. We received them, thankfully, very late in the night.
We're AP holders so the next day we enjoyed another park day. Mindful of possible problems we elected to bring our bags on the bus with us instead of checking them through Disney.
Interestingly enough while waiting in the lobby for the bus, it was packed again with people trying to find rooms because flights were canceled again.
All in all it worked out ok, we had the funds to buy another hotel night, the time to not scramble back home for work, and enjoyed the extra vacation day. But it was a very stressful and hectic process.

Sounds like quite an adventure! :-)

Ugh, when it rains, it pours...
Our dog had a hematoma in her ear and has had to have it drained twice and it came back again. DH took her to the vet yesterday and they drained it one more time and put a head wrap on her (she looks like a little old lady with a babushka) and gave her more meds. If that doesn't work they're going to have to do surgery which will be like $800!
Then last night- thankfully I was still awake so I heard it- a pipe that was connected to our water heater started spewing water all over the decorations we store in that closet in the garage. I was able to wake DH who went and turned the water off and we got all the stuff in the house to dry. It is a thin little split in the pipe but the pressure actually wore paint off the door. Thankfully DH is handy and can replace the pipe but now we're thinking we should replace the water heater coming up so we don't have this problem again.
At least I have the money put aside for the trip! They released menus for the food kiosks at the Arts Festival today which look yummy! I can't wait to be there on our anniversary!!!

I am. Hoping for the Friday the 25th, our last night because Illuminations is our favorite show and it's the last time we'll ever see it again. :sad:

I have a couple of backups though.

Just saw on fb that January Frozen dessert party dates have opened!!!

Ugh, when it rains, it pours...
Our dog had a hematoma in her ear and has had to have it drained twice and it came back again. DH took her to the vet yesterday and they drained it one more time and put a head wrap on her (she looks like a little old lady with a babushka) and gave her more meds. If that doesn't work they're going to have to do surgery which will be like $800!
Then last night- thankfully I was still awake so I heard it- a pipe that was connected to our water heater started spewing water all over the decorations we store in that closet in the garage. I was able to wake DH who went and turned the water off and we got all the stuff in the house to dry. It is a thin little split in the pipe but the pressure actually wore paint off the door. Thankfully DH is handy and can replace the pipe but now we're thinking we should replace the water heater coming up so we don't have this problem again.
At least I have the money put aside for the trip! They released menus for the food kiosks at the Arts Festival today which look yummy! I can't wait to be there on our anniversary!!!

I'm sorry for your run of bad luck... but I am rolling at the vision of your dog as a little old lady with a babushka! :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!