January 2020 Check In***Official***

Checking in for January! I will be there from 27-30 January. Lucky enough to be on an extended layover due to reduced frequency (I'm airline crew) and we stay very close to the parks, so I've decided to go all in and just do a full on Disney trip. Gonna be reading the reports on ROTR opening very closely as would love to get a few rides on that, luckily with the jetlag from Europe I'll be up at ridiculous o clock anyway. Also looking forward to a more leisurely pace and exploring solo as it was a 16.5 hour day in the park last weekend.

Have never been to California Adventure so will be great to explore a new park (especially Radiator Spring Racers)

I'll be in SoCal January 30-Feb 3 for a work conference. Looking to sneak some park time in before things start up (and maybe that Sunday when they give us the afternoon/evening off during the Super Bowl!)

We'll be there 19-22 January. Staying at the Courtyard by Marriott. Will be a keeping a close eye on any news about how ROTR is going to be handled.

Adding a couple of nights on to a business trip so will be there from the 31st for 2 nights
Haven't been for a couple of years so really looking forward to it. I was lucky enought to ride Rise Of The Resistance at Disney World last week so I am hoping I can experience it in CA as well!

We are in for January 8 - 12. There are six of us and this is the first trip for my Mother and Brother in Law and for my 2 year old daughter. Staying at the Fairfield Inn.

I had originally planned on being at DLH 1/25-1/27 but I ended up needing to change my dates to 1/17-1/19 and I happened to check the AP rates and got an awesome hotel rate at GCH so I jumped on it! Premium view room! It made me pause a little though considering it’s a 3 day weekend, and the opening of new ride in GE AND just a weekend period. I haven’t scored a weekend AP Hotel rate in forever. It makes me wonder if occupancy was low??

Just switched our hotel. Was staying at Grand Legacy 1/25-1/29 but found a rate at Howard Johnson for about $60 less so I switched. The walk looks a bit longer but the hotel seems a little nicer.

I can't believe how fast the trip is coming up. Being busy with Christmas is making the time fly by.

Weds 29th is the "Disneyland after dark" 80s event. How does threse usually affect the days crowds? I see DL closes at 8pm and DCA at 9pm.

I had originally planned on being at DLH 1/25-1/27 but I ended up needing to change my dates to 1/17-1/19 and I happened to check the AP rates and got an awesome hotel rate at GCH so I jumped on it! Premium view room! It made me pause a little though considering it’s a 3 day weekend, and the opening of new ride in GE AND just a weekend period. I haven’t scored a weekend AP Hotel rate in forever. It makes me wonder if occupancy was low??
we are going the same weekend and got the good AP discount too! I was thrilled to get it. Now it looks like the hotel is sold out Friday night, even with no discount. I’m hoping it won’t be crazy but I suspect with the opening of ROTR and the holiday, it will be nuts!

Yay...was able to convince DH for a last minute trip January 6-8, staying at Camelot Inn & Suites. Love having our flex passes! All good to go days! I’m figuring Monday will be busy since it’s the last day for holiday stuff, but any thoughts as to how next Tuesday/Wednesday will be crowd-wise? Can’t wait!

Yay...was able to convince DH for a last minute trip January 6-8, staying at Camelot Inn & Suites. Love having our flex passes! All good to go days! I’m figuring Monday will be busy since it’s the last day for holiday stuff, but any thoughts as to how next Tuesday/Wednesday will be crowd-wise? Can’t wait!
I feel like it should slow down some Tuesday and Wednesday since it's post holidays, but you never know.

We finally decided on a VRBO in Newport Beach -not very Disney exciting but it will save us $500 we can spend elsewhere!
We are still planning on Sat and Monday at the parks hoping the crowds won't be too bad as post holiday and pre ROR opening.

Booked a last-minute trip yesterday for Jan 10-13!! Literally going just for Disneyland this time; plane arrives before midnight on Friday, all day Saturday at the park and all day Sunday (to include the cast member preview of RotR) then head home Monday a.m. Can't wait!

Checking in for January! I will be there from 27-30 January. Lucky enough to be on an extended layover due to reduced frequency (I'm airline crew) and we stay very close to the parks, so I've decided to go all in and just do a full on Disney trip. Gonna be reading the reports on ROTR opening very closely as would love to get a few rides on that, luckily with the jetlag from Europe I'll be up at ridiculous o clock anyway. Also looking forward to a more leisurely pace and exploring solo as it was a 16.5 hour day in the park last weekend.

Have never been to California Adventure so will be great to explore a new park (especially Radiator Spring Racers)
Soloing is the best (RSR even has a single-rider queue)! Have a great trip!!!

Oooh, deja vu. Our 12/31-1/5 trip was scheduled as something of a do-over for a trip last spring that my 6yo had to skip because he was sick... and guess who was up coughing last night? :( I have a phone call w his dr in an hour, fingers crossed that he’s back in the saddle in time to travel tomorrow!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!