January 26th 2019 Eastern Carribean on the Fantasy

Doug M

DIS Veteran
Since there is not a thread yet for our sailing I will start one. My wife and our two kids will take our first Disney Cruise and my kids first ever cruise plus first foreign travel. We are excited, plus no resort parking fee!

Last edited:
We just booked this sailing... kind of on the fence about it still and debating this versus other options for next winter/spring break, but the idea of the Star Wars additions is exciting.

This would be our second cruise - just cruised on the Dream in early March.

This will be our 4th cruise (third with the kids). Can't wait! We've never participated in the fish extender thingy before, but definitely looking forward to giving it a go!

This is our 3rd cruise. Looking forward to it. I have a question? What is the fish extender that Bombkitty is talking about?

Skip over to facebook and join the group for this cruise. They can explain what it is and sign you up if you want to participate.

Hubby Rod and I going on our 12th and 17th cruises! Sailing with my nephew, niece in law and their 4 kids.

It’s our first cruise too, and our 3 year old Star Wars fanatic can NOT stop talking about the cruise. We can’t wait!

One quick question: how can I find the Facebook group for our cruising to join a FE group? I think this would make my son so happy, and am excited to join a group

This will be me and my husband davids and 3 girls (twins 4yrs- Ellie, Ella and Emma 7yrs) first cruise! We can’t wait!!!

Hello, all! My husband and I are officially booked! This will be our second Disney Cruise. Our first was this identical cruise in 2017, so we have experience with this itinerary. :fish:

This will be the 12th cruise for my DW and me, but the first Star Wars cruise, so will be interested. Taking our daughter & SIL, and son and DIL as well – the 2nd time we've cruised with them, but the first time we've cruise all together.

We really don't care about the ports – we sail for the sea days and the ships!

Fish extender: Outside of your stateroom door, there is a decorative fish about the size of a smallish plate that is used for notes and announcements from the crew, as well as the daily schedule. Being DCL fanatics, DCL cruisers latched onto these and now hang little pouches on these fish that are used for exchanging gifts and notes with other cruisers. This is unique to DCL, as far as we can tell. Sorry I don't have a photo, but if you do a search on the DCL forum (top RHS of this page) for "fish extender" you should bunches of information and photos.

You can find the FB group for this cruise here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/152114905532018/

It's a closed group, so you will need to ask for permission to join. Because of hackers and people who have taken and abused personal information from such groups in the past, the FB group coordinator will want information from you to demonstrate that you really, truly are going on the cruise. But people join all the time, so it shouldn't be a problem.

For newbies, be sure to attend the Meet 'N Greet on embarkation day. This is where everyone who has connected online for this cruise, both here and on FB, get together and meet in person. It hasn't been scheduled yet, but it's a great way to connect names with faces, and potentially make friends for you and your kids for the cruise! Typically it happens around 3 p.m. on embarkation day. Not sure where it happens on the Fantasy, but that will Be Revealed in due time! This is our first time on the Fantasy since 2014 – although we were on the Maiden Voyage in 2012. That was a real blast!

I'll be there – and look forward to meeting you all then! I don't check in very often on either FB or here, but if you can be patient, I'll try to answer any questions you may have. Paying it forward for all the help others gave us on our early cruises – and even later ones! This board has been enormously helpful to my DW and me!

See you real soon, now!
Richard :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter