January dates

edhmom

DIS Veteran
I am trying to figure out when to go in January 2025 to celebrate my 50th birthday.
My options are January 2-4 (Thurs-Saturday) or January 25-27.

I was originally thinking I wanted to do it when it was decorated for Christmas. The early season is not feasible for several reason, thus the January dates. Is it crazy right then with the end of Christmas? Most of the passes are blocked out during those days. However, I imagine it will be busy with family getting the last hurrah in before school starts back.

The end of January dates wouldn't have Christmas. I see that Saturday for 2024 had a Sweethearts Night. I realize the hours would be shorter.

I am also considering doing a VIP tour. Would that make a difference between the two dates?

Thanks!

I agree with starlite_. I think you'd get to experience more simply because of the hours, entertainment, holiday decor, and lack of ride closures. IMO, that would make up for the (generally) lower crowds of late Jan.

I often go during your late Jan dates because my birthday falls then, but I also go mid-Dec for the holiday fun. I'd choose the holiday experience and all that goes with the longer hours/less ride downtime.

re: Jan 25-27 - We went for that very weekend in Jan 2024, we were there from Thursday to Monday. The hours weren't bad at all. Sweetheart night was on the Thursday Jan 25 (and is Tues/Thurs so I doubt they would do a Saturday) so DL did close early that night - but otherwise DL was open to midnight on the Fri and Sat, and 11pm on the Sunday. DCA was open till 9pm on the Thursday, and 10pm Fri-Sun.

re: Jan 25-27 - We went for that very weekend in Jan 2024, we were there from Thursday to Monday. The hours weren't bad at all. Sweetheart night was on the Thursday Jan 25 (and is Tues/Thurs so I doubt they would do a Saturday) so DL did close early that night - but otherwise DL was open to midnight on the Fri and Sat, and 11pm on the Sunday. DCA was open till 9pm on the Thursday, and 10pm Fri-Sun.
Oh, I didn't even look at which days that would be. Since those are weekend dates, it's very likely the hours WILL be pretty decent. Thanks for adding that!

Thanks! Every time I think I've made up my mind I then change it :-) I think I'm leaning towards the early dates, mainly because I love Christmas.

I will say the crowds were busy, but not insane. I contemplated early Jan too but figured if my kids were still on break, everyone else would be too.

Also it was lunar new year for the later Jan weekend which was pretty fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter