January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

Does anyone know if the Disney Visa pre booking is for both Disney Visas? Contemplating applying just to get availability sooner. Any opinions on which card is the better deal?
Either version will gain you access to the early release. I'm preferable to the no annual fee version...because well...no annual fee! Neither makes a lot of sense for everyday purchases as there are much better cashback options out there but it's nice to keep one around and active for early access to discounts as well as some of the other perks.

I am patiently waiting as well. We just got a Disney Visa for the sole purpose of booking a couple of days earlier than the general public! If we wait to book until the deal comes will we have any trouble booking at a value resort? Should I go ahead and book and the modify later with the deal just to make sure we can stay where we want to?

Does anyone know if the Disney Visa pre booking is for both Disney Visas? Contemplating applying just to get availability sooner. Any opinions on which card is the better deal?
It is for both cards. I have the one with no fee. Hopefully the deals for 1st quarter 2018 will be announced next week.

When and if the discount comes on line, when will the reservation desk open up? I need to know if I have to get up earlier than I am.
Always check online too. A few years ago the discount appears around 3 am (yes, I was up checking). It was great to not have to wait until 7am.

We are contemplating a trip if a decent discount comes out---EEEK! Totally not in the budget, but the kids are dying to go back (and so are we). :)
I checked flights on Frontier and they are only $49 each way, which is crazy cheap! We'll wear the same clothes all week to save on baggage fees. :rolleyes1
Fingers crossed!!!!

We are contemplating a trip if a decent discount comes out---EEEK! Totally not in the budget, but the kids are dying to go back (and so are we). :)
I checked flights on Frontier and they are only $49 each way, which is crazy cheap! We'll wear the same clothes all week to save on baggage fees. :rolleyes1
Fingers crossed!!!!
Be careful about Frontier. I've only used them once and it was a less than pleasant experience.

Both Spirit and Frontier flying into MCO and you can take Magical Express if staying on property. Always the risk with both of these carriers is they will not rebook you onto another airline if things aren't running well due to weather or other reasons, they will only put you on the next available seat they have or refund your money for the airline ticket. Lots of stories of people being delayed for days on these low cost carriers. Have to measure the risk versus the time of year especially.

Be careful about Frontier. I've only used them once and it was a less than pleasant experience.
We were lucky. We used them last September to fly to Disney, and had no issues at all. Definitely a 'no nonsense' airline, but for a flight that was less than 2 hours, it was completely fine. HUGE savings over Southwest, even after adding bag fees.

I've flown Frontier 6 times in the last 9 months and every.single.flight. was delayed -- once over 4 hours. BUT, I keep flying them. It's so cheap. And you get what you pay for.

I have looked here and other places with a stay, play, dine discount question, but can't seem to find the answer. We have a reservation at Port Orleans Riverside. Does the discount usually require the quick service dining or the regular dining plan to get this discount applied for a moderate resort? We usually get the quick service dining because we like to just go and not sit down much on vacation.

I have looked here and other places with a stay, play, dine discount question, but can't seem to find the answer. We have a reservation at Port Orleans Riverside. Does the discount usually require the quick service dining or the regular dining plan to get this discount applied for a moderate resort? We usually get the quick service dining because we like to just go and not sit down much on vacation.

I don't know if there is a real answer to your question as I don't believe a particular type of dining plan is linked to this offer. I believe you get a discount on whatever dining plan you choose, not that a particular dining plan is linked to a category of resort. Not positive though.

Also, if a particular type of dining plan is linked to resorts depending on value, moderate or deluxe, until the offer is released we won't know what type of dining plan is linked to moderate resorts as they changed last year when the FD offer came out.

I believe you will need to wait until the offer is dropped to truly know the answer to your question for 2018.

I am patiently waiting as well. We just got a Disney Visa for the sole purpose of booking a couple of days earlier than the general public! If we wait to book until the deal comes will we have any trouble booking at a value resort? Should I go ahead and book and the modify later with the deal just to make sure we can stay where we want to?

I wouldn't book before the discount if it were me. I would just be watching and "listening" to get a heads up when the deal would be dropping and book as soon as it was available. I wouldn't want to play around with modify at that time. The modify button doesn't always appear or work.

Can anyone tell me if there are other offers offered to pass holders for February? If they are are they released after the VISA holders release is announced? Thanks!

I'm also from New England. We are going in mid January so will have our winter coats as we leave here. Hope to shed them pretty quickly upon arrival.

I am from New England also, and we went to WDW in January once. We all had our winter coats on and shed them in the car before entering the airport, except for my 10 year old son who INSISTED on bringing his. Well, wouldn't you know that the weather was freezing! I am talking 30 degrees at night. They were covering the plants at the hotel (stayed at POP) to prevent them from freezing. My son wore his winter coat the whole time. The rest of us were running to the gift shop for sweatshirts, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter