January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

I have looked here and other places with a stay, play, dine discount question, but can't seem to find the answer. We have a reservation at Port Orleans Riverside. Does the discount usually require the quick service dining or the regular dining plan to get this discount applied for a moderate resort? We usually get the quick service dining because we like to just go and not sit down much on vacation.
Last year POR had the table service with the stay, play and dine discount. We were there in early February. However, there is a chance that will change. We won't know until it is announced (hopefully next week).

I am checking daily. We are coming to Florida for a soccer tournament and extending our vacation. We are finishing our vacation with a 2 night hotel only stay. I'm currently booked at AoA. February 21-23, 2018. Also, if I'm paying with my Disney Visa points, can I still book as a card holder? Or do I have to use the charge card to book the room? I will be using the rewards points.

I have looked here and other places with a stay, play, dine discount question, but can't seem to find the answer. We have a reservation at Port Orleans Riverside. Does the discount usually require the quick service dining or the regular dining plan to get this discount applied for a moderate resort? We usually get the quick service dining because we like to just go and not sit down much on vacation.
In prior years the SPD came with Regular Dining at the moderate resort level. You could not downgrade it. There is speculation that this year it will come with quick service Dining at the moderate level since that change was made to the Free Dining promo.

I did a chat asking about discounts and she said any day. She recommended I make a reservation noe and add the discount later. I said I didn't want to add to the number of rooms already booked so as not to restrict the amount of rooms available for the discount. She said that is decided msny months ago and won't be affected by my reservation. Not sure what to do now!

Nothing today is what I was just told...if anyone hears differently let us know because cast member I just spoke with told me to call back in mid October which obviously is probably not accurate

She said that is decided msny months ago and won't be affected by my reservation. Not sure what to do now!

I truly believe this is true as Disney would have had to decide on numbers for the upcoming discounts months ago. It's not a spur of the moment decision but a well calculated number that decides how many rooms to offer and at what resorts.

I have booked my reservation already so that I am sure to get what I want. My first option when the new offers come out is to attempt to update this reservation. If that doesn't work I will book a brand new reservation with a new $200 deposit and then secondly will cancel the first reservation.

I'm hoping for a Stay, Play and Dine offer as I believe that will be the best option for me as there are just 2 of us and we're staying in s value resort. I will do the calculations once the offers come out though.

We're hoping to go in Feb or March 2018. Our next trip in Nov 2017. Can't wait.

Last edited:
I did a chat asking about discounts and she said any day. She recommended I make a reservation noe and add the discount later. I said I didn't want to add to the number of rooms already booked so as not to restrict the amount of rooms available for the discount. She said that is decided msny months ago and won't be affected by my reservation. Not sure what to do now!

Hmm. I have not booked part of my trip yet either. I wonder if I should do this just too, in case?? I was holding off because I want a discount, but I don't want to miss out on the resort room that I want.

We're hoping to go in Feb or March 2018. Our next trip in Nov 2017. Can't wait. DS is now a CM so we will be going often.
That's awesome! I'm encourage my kids to work there when they graduate. Lol! The oldest is 16 my youngest is only 7, but it's never to soon to think about working at Disney!

I hope it's this week... we want the monorail but we moved our dates to make a split stay and our current poly standard room had to be switched for a deluxe studio which is a bit more.. trying for GF which I really do not want to pay rack rate for ... especially since we are now going to stay 9 nights... our first three days are at POR and we just want to finalize what we are doing... I hope I didn't already post this here LOL because I've been posting in a few different threads (POR and poly)

I hope it's this week... we want the monorail but we moved our dates to make a split stay and our current poly standard room had to be switched for a deluxe studio which is a bit more.. trying for GF which I really do not want to pay rack rate for ... especially since we are now going to stay 9 nights... our first three days are at POR and we just want to finalize what we are doing... I hope I didn't already post this here LOL because I've been posting in a few different threads (POR and poly)
Really hoping next week as well! We are most likely doing a split stay with POR for the first 3 days then moving to BWV for the last 6 nights. (9 nights total like you). 1/12-1/21 where are you from in NJ? We are down in Cape May.

I just (alas) had to cancel a FD reservation for December, and I'm hoping for something for Jan - does the 'normal' SPD require PH tickets? (I actually just booked, did go with a 'package' with base level tickets)

I just (alas) had to cancel a FD reservation for December, and I'm hoping for something for Jan - does the 'normal' SPD require PH tickets? (I actually just booked, did go with a 'package' with base level tickets)
Historically it has not requried PH tickets. No guarantees that won't change this year as there has been a pattern of this promotion worsening since it was initially released in 2012 for the 2013 travel dates.

Posting this again as we've had some new traffic to this thread recently.

Here's a list of historical release dates for Stay Play Dine:

2017 Travel - released 9/28/16 VISA, released 9/30/16 PUBLIC
2016 Travel - released 9/24/15 VISA, released 9/28/15 PUBLIC
2015 Travel - released 10/6/14 VISA, released 10/9/14 PUBLIC
2014 Travel - released 10/3/13 VISA, released 10/7/13 PUBLIC
2013 Travel - released 10/4/12 VISA, released 10/10/12 PUBLIC

And just to add info here for those that stumble across this post, 2011 & 2012 were the last 2 years where Free Dining was offered during Jan/Feb/Mar. For 2013 and onward it's been Stay, Play & Dine. There's often rumors each year that free dining is coming, and then it ends up being StayPlayDine so if you hear that rumor again, take it with a grain of salt.

Also if you want to know more about how this deal has worked in the past and how to calculate what your savings might be check this out: https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2017-calculation-thread.3550783/

I have nightmares every night! I booked months ago so we would get what we wanted for sure, but I really, really need a discount to come out in order to keep us on budget.
Us too! We had to cancel our trip a few times because of family issues. But last januray we got an amazing deal. I believe 30% off. Not even sure how we did it because the offer was for 25. Sadly we had to cancel that trip. So fingers crossed they let out another good one! We are staying at AKL this time for the first time!

I have booked my reservation already so that I am sure to get what I want

That was our reasoning too! My sister and I are going for the first time - we are from Argentina, so we wanted to book as early as possible to have more time to pay and guarantee the room we wanted. We spoke to our TA and let him know what we were willing to change when discounts come out (what hotels we would change for or upgrades, etc.) so that he has all the information to make quick decisions for us when the discounts come out.

The ideal would be to get free dinning, for us with the currency change, it would be the most advantageous as right now we are in a ARS $17,50 to US $1. But the more I read about it online, the less I think it's probable that it comes out. So I'd settle for a PSD discount.

Been a long time lurker of the forums.

Wife had me book our room at Riverside for Feb. We have the Visa, so hoping to see something pop up that we can apply to bring the cost down somewhat. And I'm thinking the rooms are filling up, because while I was in process of booking, when I hit the submit, it came back saying the desired room type was no longer available. It sold out for the weekend portion we wanted to go.

I'm ready to book. We'll be there for the Princess Half. I had a BC room booked through runDisney but cancelled as I'd have to wait to call in during their business hours to apply any discount. Plus there were no real perks to booking through them. I'd like to be in the EPCOT area, but am not too picky about which one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!