January New Year, New You! Exercise Challenge

I have no new minutes to add from Sunday or Monday. I started with a migraine on Sunday and it is a stubborn on. I still have a headache too just not as bad as the past 2 days. I am hoping it will go away with advil today so i can workout tonight. Last night I took a migraine pill and 5 and was asleep by 5:15 for the night.

My DH and I are helping each other with our goals. We encourage each other to get to the rec for a work.

Relaxing....After yesterday and sleeping all afternoon I not sure how much relaxing I will have this week. I do sit down and relax at about 8 when the kids go to bed and just watch T.V.

Reading....I don't read much. I am not a great reader so i avoid it most of the time. For awhile I was into reading about the Kennedy's. I read several books over a few years. The best being "The Dark Side of Camelot".

I'll give my update for the exercise minutes on Sunday evening -- afraid of double counting something!

1.) What can you do to encourage someone else achieve their goals this week? I participate actively in my Noom group and in my FitBit groups, both cheering work and offering recommendations for change.

2.) How do you plan to relax this week?
My daughter went back to college yesterday (DH took her and will be home tomorrow), and I was feeling a bit lonely last night. After dinner, I was tempted to binge eat, but after straightening the house, I just went to bed. I had a good night's sleep!

3.) What is on your reading list for this year?
Reading In Such Good Company by Carol Burnett. Next up are The Ideal Team Player (Lencioni), Leaders Eat Last (Sinek), and The Wright Brothers (McCullough).

I got 20 minutes in today pacing at work. I was waiting on a print job to finish and it took well over an hour. I lost track of the amount of time I paced because I stopped to talk to some co-workers too. I am sure I paced for a lot more time but I will go with just 20 for right now.

195/1375

OMG I cannot believe I am this sore from putting a Christmas tree away. I can barely move, and I have to move. New kitty has to go get his microchip today. I just want to go curl up on the couch until legs no longer screaming in protest. I walk like a 90 yr old woman LOL

Adding 30 minutes from yesterday. 20 minutes walking to lunch and another 10 minutes on the treadmill at work. So glad it's warm enough to walk to go get lunch now!

Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle, jaelless, and myself for reaching Overachieving Orange! and to PollyannaMom for being the first to reach Purpose Purple!

For today's question: Who or what is inspiring you this year?
For me, I am inspired by all of the people on this forum who are working to achieve their goals and by other Disney friends on youtube who are sharing their workout goals!

Who or what is inspiring you this year?
This and the weight-loss thread are inspiring, as are my FitBit groups and my Noom coach/group.

I think seeing the benefits of exercise and weight loss is really inspiring as well. A year ago, I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without being winded, and now I have endurance. It's really cool to be able to tie my shoes without figuring out how I can get it done without getting out of breath as well.

Adding in:30 min walk on Monday
45 elliptical from Tuesday

215/1395

I'm inspired/motivated by a BIG vacation coming up in the spring, a best friend reunion, dapper day dresses to fit into, and superhero movie motivation lol

40 minutes today

545/1860

Recently, I've been inspired by a friend of mine who is going through a truly rough period but is managing it with grace and dignity and is able to stay true to who she is and what she stands for.

For today's question: Who or what is inspiring you this year?
For me, I am inspired by all of the people on this forum who are working to achieve their goals and by other Disney friends on youtube who are sharing their workout goals!

You all are inspiring me online :) Offline it is my kids, specifically my daughter. I want her to to be proud of me and see that being healthy is a good thing. She inspires me to try and be better every day. I just wish scale would reflect that.

I did nothing today. I am so sore from my activities yesterday, that I can barely walk LOL I finally got my knee working again, and now my muscles hurting. I swear I have forgotten how to walk normally.

+100 since Tuesday

370/800

Love hearing these stories. Hope jaelless and anyone else not feeling great gets better soon!

Thank you :) I am feeling less sore, now is just a bit of a hobble, the waddle part is gone LOL I still look funny if I try to walk at a normal pace. Like I am walking on hot coals LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!