Jenn and Que- Disney Dream Cruise wedding - October 2016

JennKaes

Earning My Ears
Okay so I'm going to start a planning journal! I have already started one on another private site, but there are no currently active disney cruise brides and disboards has like, 5 or 6! So here goes.

I'm Jenn and I live in Chicago. My fiance, Que, and I met in 2011 while we were working together. We became fast friends, and then fell in love! We got engaged last summer and immediately started thinking about what we were gonna do. My dad floated us the idea of a disney wedding, almost as a half joke, I think, but when I looked into cruise weddings, they were SO affordable for what I was expecting that I jumped at the chance! Almost every guest would have had to travel anyway so we figured, let's just make it a destination wedding for all!

I called and booked the cruise in August, then we set out working on invites. I am cheap and I didn't want to send save the dates AND invites, plus i knew everyone was going to need time to plan and pay for all of this, so we finalized an invitation, and an RSVP on our wedding website.

We got the invites from A La Mode bride. She was amazing to work with and customized everything for us! The invites look like a boarding pass. I found the seashell shape online and edited it to hold information for each of our guests--super easy and super affordable.

Last edited:
I have been a disney wedding fanatic for the past few months...it's bordering on madness. I just can't get enough! I'm devouring information left and right, but it's all so helpful.

so for the guest list, we invited around 48 people, but I think it's going to be more like, 15-20. I am okay with that, as it's all people we love and cherish so it's going to be fun no matter what!

We aren't doing bridesmaids and groomsmen, no "of honors" or anything either. I just want it to be one big party. I am very non-traditional and honestly, if we had maids and men, half the group would be up with us! Also, who wants to stand there and watch my back the whole time??? :)

Anyway back to the list...I am very very close to hearing back *certain* yes's and no's from everyone. That's been by biggest stressor so far. I've sent out a few emails already to the group with links to videos and photos of the ship so they can get excited! My next plan of action is picking which hotel we are all going to stay at and reserving a car to pick us all up from the airport. Also we are going to make welcome bags for everyone so that's on my list to start shopping for early on.

Anything else I failed to mention??? I dunno...my brain is like a soup with bits and pieces floating around at all times....I'll update if I think of anything else.

oh yeah! so I am probably going to go dress shopping this weekend. I've been meaning to make an appointment at this boutique near my parent's place but she and I both keep forgetting until it's like, 9pm! So cross your fingers that I get in on Saturday. Otherwise we'll just hit up a David's Bridal, I guess. It's my first attempt at dress shopping so I don't think it'll be the last :)

Welcome Aboard!

I love following DCL PJ's :boat: I was married on the fantasy last May and you can find so much useful information here. I really like your invites super cute I love the boarding pass style! Good luck with the dress shopping it can be the funniest and most stressful part! Can't wait to follow along :surfweb:!

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

Well alright, I found a dress! It's been a whirlwind 4 days, but it's done :)

I went to visit my parents this weekend and we headed out to a boutique on Saturday - Que, Mom, and Dad all came with. I tried on about 15 dresses and while I had initially wanted a ball gown or a-line style, there was a mermaid style dress that looked THE BEST on me and I loved it. The whole group loved it. The only problem was that it was WAAAAAY out of the price range (what can I say, I have expensive tastes!). So we ate a quick lunch and headed to another salon to try on a few other looks. I found a dress that I loved in my price range and figured okay, let me think on it and let's make a decision later.

Flash forward to me finding another dress at a salon here in Chicago that I thought might be "the one" on Monday. They didn't have it in my size (or anywhere near it) to try on, but I tried on very similar styles, held the small one up to my body, facetimed my parents over and over....and I decided it was the one I wanted! I bought the LAST one in that style/size/color and they have to ship it over from CA but I AM SO EXCITED!!! It's gorgeous!!!

I'll post a picture of myself in it when it comes into town. That's about it for now...still working on hotels, car rentals, and paying for the whole thing! :) But it feels good to have this taken care of!
dress_zpskjlwzdup.jpg

Okay so I'm going to start a planning journal! I have already started one on another private site, but there are no currently active disney cruise brides and disboards has like, 5 or 6! So here goes.

I'm Jenn and I live in Chicago. My fiance, Que, and I met in 2011 while we were working together. We became fast friends, and then fell in love! We got engaged last summer and immediately started thinking about what we were gonna do. My dad floated us the idea of a disney wedding, almost as a half joke, I think, but when I looked into cruise weddings, they were SO affordable for what I was expecting that I jumped at the chance! Almost every guest would have had to travel anyway so we figured, let's just make it a destination wedding for all!

I called and booked the cruise in August, then we set out working on invites. I am cheap and I didn't want to send save the dates AND invites, plus i knew everyone was going to need time to plan and pay for all of this, so we finalized an invitation, and an RSVP on our wedding website.

We got the invites from A La Mode bride. She was amazing to work with and customized everything for us! The invites look like a boarding pass. I found the seashell shape online and edited it to hold information for each of our guests--super easy and super affordable.

Hi Jen! Your invitations are so cute!!! I love them!!

Yay!! I love DCL Planning Journals and I love it even more when the couple is from IL!
Even more Bonus points when the couple is getting married on my Birthday! :upsidedow

Your invitations are so freaking cute! I absolutely love it!
We invited about the same amount of people and 24 people are going which was a larger amount than we originally anticipated!
But we wanted the same kind of feel for our wedding, one big party in the sun!

I absolutely adore your dress!! It's gorgeous!
You are going to look amazing!

I cant wait to see what else you have planned!

Glad you were able to find a dress sometimes looking a bunch can make you question which one! but yours is super pretty love it!

Yay!! I love DCL Planning Journals and I love it even more when the couple is from IL!
Even more Bonus points when the couple is getting married on my Birthday! :upsidedow

How exciting! Great date :)

Glad you were able to find a dress sometimes looking a bunch can make you question which one! but yours is super pretty love it!

Yes, I definitely had to stop looking at dresses once we made the purchase :) I can't keep changing my mind! lol

Well alright, I found a dress! It's been a whirlwind 4 days, but it's done :)

I went to visit my parents this weekend and we headed out to a boutique on Saturday - Que, Mom, and Dad all came with. I tried on about 15 dresses and while I had initially wanted a ball gown or a-line style, there was a mermaid style dress that looked THE BEST on me and I loved it. The whole group loved it. The only problem was that it was WAAAAAY out of the price range (what can I say, I have expensive tastes!). So we ate a quick lunch and headed to another salon to try on a few other looks. I found a dress that I loved in my price range and figured okay, let me think on it and let's make a decision later.

Flash forward to me finding another dress at a salon here in Chicago that I thought might be "the one" on Monday. They didn't have it in my size (or anywhere near it) to try on, but I tried on very similar styles, held the small one up to my body, facetimed my parents over and over....and I decided it was the one I wanted! I bought the LAST one in that style/size/color and they have to ship it over from CA but I AM SO EXCITED!!! It's gorgeous!!!

I'll post a picture of myself in it when it comes into town. That's about it for now...still working on hotels, car rentals, and paying for the whole thing! :) But it feels good to have this taken care of!
dress_zpskjlwzdup.jpg

Holy crap that dress is beautiful. :D Congrats! I'm playing catch up on your whole PJ. Loving it.

It's here! It's here!!!

I went and picked up my dress last night! I did have a slight wave of shock come over me after they called to say it had arrived--never actually trying on the dress AND never actually seeing it in this color....what was I thinking?! My friend met up with me at the store and I mentioned to her "this could go either way, quickly--so brace yourself :eek:"

ANNNNDDDD.... IT WAS PERFECT. IT WAS EVERYTHING! I DIDN'T WANT TO TAKE IT OFF!

Here's a side view:

Turns out it's a tad big, so I will need to have it taken in when we get closer to the date. I was hoping I'd be some magical queen who didn't need alterations but alas, I am normal (in that regard at least :)) I'm also so totally sold on the cage veil. I tried on another one in that same netting but it sat behind...I love both!

I took the dress home, hung it up, ate a sandwich, and went back to try it on again...danced around my room in it! I am so totally in love with it.

So....WHEW! That's one more fun thing checked off my list. I also secured a room block for the hotel we're all staying at the night before, and I'm working on airport transportation next. We are going to surprise everyone with something fun!

AND we picked our wedding songs! Well, we picked our reception songs...and they still might change...because this is round two of picking songs. It's probably my most favorite process: drinking a glass of wine, typing songs into youtube and dancing around the apartment to each one until we pick a favorite. :rotfl:

Wedding planning is so much fun once you get past the dreaded guest list! :cool1:

You look fantastic in the dress...but the fact that you are absolutely glowing in it makes me say you definitely made the right choice.:jumping1:

You look fantastic in the dress...but the fact that you are absolutely glowing in it makes me say you definitely made the right choice.:jumping1:

You look great in the dress! and it fits so amazing and I love your birdcage so pretty!

:goodvibes

Your dress is gorgeous. And you look so happy in it! :D Congrats!

Thank you all so much!! :cutie::cutie::cutie: It's all so real now that I have the dress...I've seriously tried it on 3 or 4 times since I brought it home. :love::love:

Omg!! You look amazing in your dress! It's perfect! I absolutely love the veil with it too!!! And you look sooo happy!!!

I was wondering if the ship will be decorated for Halloween since your trip will be in October?

Thank you so much! I was glowing in the shop, that's for sure:flower:

And yes, the whole month of October has all the ships decorated for Halloween. There's pumpkins all over the atrium (along with a spooky tree), jack o lantern faces in the portholes and a Halloween party on the first night, I believe. Can't wait to dress up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!