Jeopardy Showdown 1/7/20

Did any of you guys get the Final Jeopardy question right?

"He has 272 speeches, the most of any non-title character in a Shakespeare tragedy"

Question: Who is Iago? (from Othello.)

I thought it might have been Mark Antony. :scratchin I figured, after Julius Caesar was killed, that would leave all the speeches to Mark Antony.

Definitely not me! I will be honest, I think 1 time out of 15 I will get the Final Jeopardy question. I feel so empowered when I get it! Ha ha ha.

And Shakespeare? LOL, not ma thang. Yeah, I bought the Cliffs Notes to get through Romeo & Juliet. I think I read another Shakespeare play in HS, but I cannot remember what it was (probably Macbeth). However, I would do the signature James push, and put all my chips in that I bought Cliffs Notes for that too. :rotfl2:

Definitely not me! I will be honest, I think 1 time out of 15 I will get the Final Jeopardy question. I feel so empowered when I get it! Ha ha ha.

I hear you. I do OK, but sometimes I wonder how on Earth they know certain ones.

Twice, though, in our loooooooong history of watching the show, my dad and I managed to get the final jeopardy "question" before they gave the "answer" (by a combination of lucky guesses and categories with limited choices in them :laughing:).

Maybe not, but I’ve heard the show got very high ratings. I don’t think ABC would’ve minded an extra day or two.

Agreed. It pulled higher ratings than the NBA finals and the World Series. I’m sure the powers that be were kicking themselves for not making it longer. Maybe the contestants would only agree to a first to three format. Who knows? I just hate that’s it’s over. Great TV!

Twice, though, in our loooooooong history of watching the show, my dad and I managed to get the final jeopardy "question" before they gave the "answer" (by a combination of lucky guesses and categories with limited choices in them :laughing:).

Do you mean a wild guess after the category for FJ is announced before they cut to commercials?

I got it right last week during a regular show. FJ category was International Sports Stars or something similar. I guessed Ronaldo. (soccer star, couldn't remember his first name) and it was correct. (I confess I picked picked soccer only after DH chose Mr Posh Spice before me.)

Now if I had heard just the clue but not the category, I wouldn't have guessed correctly. Something like "He surpassed Selena Gomez to have the world's largest number of twitter followers."

Once or twice in years past I also wild guessed correctly for Final Jeopardy.

I also crown myself champion when I get FJ right and the winner doesn't.

Last edited:

I saw a local commercial promo yesterday for Jeopardy. It had on Ken Jennings, all dressed up in a suit, saying, "The greatest of all time game show. What is Jeopardy?" as a twist on him winning the competition - but also looking very warm, personable and HOST-like. :rolleyes1 I still say (and hope) there is a possibility of Ken Jennings becoming the new host after Alex steps down.
a0b7fdf6.gif

I saw a local commercial promo yesterday for Jeopardy. It had on Ken Jennings, all dressed up in a suit, saying, "The greatest of all time game show. What is Jeopardy?" as a twist on him winning the competition - but also looking very warm, personable and HOST-like. :rolleyes1 I still say (and hope) there is a possibility of Ken Jennings becoming the new host after Alex steps down.
a0b7fdf6.gif

Alex recently said he wants Betty White to replace him.

Well, then, Norman Lloyd, Olivia de Havilland, Kirk Douglas... Youngsters Dick van Duke and Angela Lansbury...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!