Jeopardy Showdown 1/7/20

I really thought he had it! When Ken bet 0, I was excited,

Yes, in that split second after it was announced Ken bet 0, I thought it came down to what James had and how much he bet, which is usually everything. :hyper:

Ken knew that it didn't matter how much he bet - if James got it right (and bet it all, like you'd assume he'd do), he'd lose no matter what. Last night was the first time, IIRC, that the person who won the first game wasn't leading the second game going into Final Jeopardy, so it definitely made for more drama.

I think everyone aside from Ken was pulling for James, just so we all got at least one more night.

Congrats to Ken Jennings for a well-deserved win! Essentially forced to adapt to James’ strategy, he came on strong and rose to the challenge. :thumbsup2

Like many others, I was hoping it would go on at least another day, and was kind of disappointed (and surprised) when James got FJ wrong. The tournament was enjoyable to watch, so much energy with these guys. :dance3:

I know going in, many thought that James would dominate, but I don’t think anyone expected Brad would be totally inconsequential. Certainly a big disappointment for him, yet he remained a good sport and kept his sense of humor (loved when he said “Aaron Burr” as if he had a mouth full of peanut butter, and his Sean Connery impression, ala SNL). :)

It was nice how Alex pointed out that the records held by each of them remain unchanged. Also loved seeing Ken with the GOAT trophy, lifted up on the shoulders of James and Brad at the end.
:cheer2:

I am sad that it's over. They all, including Alex, seemed to be having so much fun.

Except when Ken got the Daily Doubles. Especially that last one in the first game. It seemed excruciating for him to bet it all and then come up with the answer. But, that definitely put him in the lead. He definitely adapted to James' style of betting, even though he was extremely uncomfortable with it.

Last night was the first time, IIRC, that the person who won the first game wasn't leading the second game going into Final Jeopardy, so it definitely made for more drama.

As I recall, Ken won the first game the first night. But then he petered out the second game. When Alex asked him about it, he said he wasn't used to the 2 game format and he let that affect him a little.

was kind of disappointed (and surprised) when James got FJ wrong.

Did any of you guys get the Final Jeopardy question right?

"He has 272 speeches, the most of any non-title character in a Shakespeare tragedy"

Question: Who is Iago? (from Othello.)

I thought it might have been Mark Antony. :scratchin I figured, after Julius Caesar was killed, that would leave all the speeches to Mark Antony.

Daughter in California said the ABC listings in her area spoiled the result. They only had the tournament listed for Tuesday, with the regular shows for the time slot for the rest of the week.

Daughter in California said the ABC listings in her area spoiled the result. They only had the tournament listed for Tuesday, with the regular shows for the time slot for the rest of the week.

That's too bad. I went to delete my upcoming DVR recordings for the extra days. My local TV listings still had the extra days up, but mysteriously, it no longer listed the recordings. ;)

"He has 272 speeches, the most of any non-title character in a Shakespeare tragedy"

I thought it might have been Mark Antony. :scratchin I figured, after Julius Caesar was killed, that would leave all the speeches to Mark Antony.

I did miraculously get it right, but it was a total shot in the dark. I've never even read/seen Othello, but I knew Iago was the Big Bad in it so I figured maybe he had a lot of speeches. :laughing:

Overall the questions were pretty rough last night (for me), but I did know Lawrence Welk and laughed out loud when none of the three knew the famous band leader from North Dakota. My mom grew up in ND in that era so he was kind of a big deal.

My guess was Brutus, which wasn't too bad. I had no idea who Iago was.

I'm so sad it's over! But happy with the winner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!