JetBlue Refund Question

DisGuy101

Mouseketeer
I have park tickets and flights booked for Mid August. I am not sure if I can get a refund from JetBlue if they are still flying and the parks and resorts are still closed. Travel insurance would not cover that since I bought flights separately Way before the COVID closures started.

Any advice ?

Last edited:
I have park tickets and flights booked for Mid August. I am not sure if I can get a refund from JetBlue if they are still flying and the parks and resorts are still closed. Travel insurance would not cover that since I bought flights separately Way before the COVID closures started.

Any advise ?
Keep an eye out for JetBlue changing your flight times and see if that helps you. We were in the same situation with Delta for May. We called Delta expecting to get the credits that they are currently offering through some time in 2021, but they said that since our flight times had been changed (this had happened a few weeks prior to our calling without us having taken any prior action, and the outbound flight change into MCO moved from Saturday to Sunday so pretty significant) we had the right to cancel the flights and receive a refund. With flight consolidations you may end up with the same so check on your related rights under JetBlue's terms--we actually planned to cancel tickets that we have booked for later in the summer and the agent told us to wait because they were seeing so many schedule changes that we would likely have some kind of change as we get closer to the travel dates that would allow us to cancel those tickets for a refund as well.

Any advice ?
According to the JetBlue website, you can cancel/change your flight with no penalty through January 2021, as long as you booked your flight before May 31, 2020. I hope this helps!

According to the JetBlue website, you can cancel/change your flight with no penalty through January 2021, as long as you booked your flight before May 31, 2020. I hope this helps!
only thing to note for this, based on my parent's experience - if they change/cancel your flight then you get a refund, if you chose to cancel yourself you will get a travel bank credit. At least this was the case last month, could have changed recently.

only thing to note for this, based on my parent's experience - if they change/cancel your flight then you get a refund, if you chose to cancel yourself you will get a travel bank credit. At least this was the case last month, could have changed recently.
That was the case when I called as well. We are waiting to cancel in hopes they cancel one of our flights. Also, if they flight changes by 2 hours or more you can get a refund as well.

Any advice ?
We were booked JetBlue for an April flight and were able to change to July with no fees. We pulled the plug on our July flight last week, couldn't change it online (didn't try calling) but we were able to cancel for free and we'll have a full credit to use for 24 months from the cancel date.

Keep an eye out for JetBlue changing your flight times and see if that helps you. We were in the same situation with Delta for May. We called Delta expecting to get the credits that they are currently offering through some time in 2021, but they said that since our flight times had been changed (this justhappened a few weeks prior to our calling without us having taken any prior action, and the outbound flight change into MCO moved from Saturday to Sunday so pretty significant) we had the right to cancel the flights and receive a refund. With flight consolidations you may end up with the same so check on your related rights under JetBlue's terms--we actually planned to cancel tickets that we have booked for later in the summer and the agent told us to wait because they were seeing so many schedule changes that we would likely have some kind of change as we get closer to the travel dates that would allow us to cancel those tickets for a refund as well.
I just saw an article by the points guy ranking hotels airlines and credit cards on who did the best and worst by their customers he ranked jet blue last and said they won’t refund unless your flight is moved by more than a day🤤 I would check the sta website for their rules I thought a 4 hour move required compensation but could be wrong

I just saw an article by the points guy ranking hotels airlines and credit cards on who did the best and worst by their customers he ranked jet blue last and said they won’t refund unless your flight is moved by more than a day🤤 I would check the sta website for their rules I thought a 4 hour move required compensation but could be wrong
I was told 2 hours by JetBlue

I was told 2 hours by JetBlue
Hope it works out for you! Must be frustrating to plan and save and organize for a trip like Disney you need companies to at least make it easier for you to get a refund when disaster strikes that wasn’t in anyway your fault! Best of luck!

Hope it works out for you! Must be frustrating to plan and save and organize for a trip like Disney you need companies to at least make it easier for you to get a refund when disaster strikes that wasn’t in anyway your fault! Best of luck!
Yea we are waiting. If not we will just get the credit. We have 2 trips planned next year, one of which is during Easter week so I’m sure the flights will be more expensive then anyway

So weird. I went to check on my booking and it says “your booking has changed please call JetBlue” and I have no options to cancel or change my flights online.

I originally called Jetblue for flights in April and May on April 2nd, the day before the DOT called out the airlines on refunds. I ended up getting my points returned for what I paid in points and travel bank funds for what I paid in cash for the April flight. I argued a little about the May flight because our original flight was cancelled and they switched us to another. At that time they were saying any change had to be more then 24 hours. I told them I would wait and see what happened for the May flights.

I called back yesterday and was able to get a cash refund for the cancelled flight without much effort. They also gave me the option of taking it as travel bank that they would increase by 20%. They made a point of saying it was because the flight time changed enough to provide a refund.

Another weird thing I noted. I went into the site and checked my flights like I was making a new reservation. My flights were no longer available, and there were no flights available those days. I had never been notified of any new changes that changed my flight to a different day. When I went into my account it still showed my flights as what they had changed them to on the same day I originally scheduled them for. So I wonder if they are not notifying of these cancellations (until last minute) so that they have a better chance of getting you to take credit instead of cash refund.

Hi, I have a different question regarding Jet Blue-we have flights booked for August 8th-our small airport is one of the ones that JB is not flying from until, I think the date is June-if that date gets pushed into August, any ideas how they would handle what airport we would fly out of? Would we have the choice? Just wondering if they would refund us, then we would choose the airport, or if JB would change our flights and airport? We ended up getting a pretty good price, so I wouldn't be too happy if we have to change airports, then have to pay a higher price. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

this was correct for me. They changed my flight down and I got a refund on my cc. But I canceled flight home and had to take a credit. The credit is good for 2 years.

I originally called Jetblue for flights in April and May on April 2nd, the day before the DOT called out the airlines on refunds. I ended up getting my points returned for what I paid in points and travel bank funds for what I paid in cash for the April flight. I argued a little about the May flight because our original flight was cancelled and they switched us to another. At that time they were saying any change had to be more then 24 hours. I told them I would wait and see what happened for the May flights.

My Easter weekend flight was cancelled March 30. I was also told I didn’t qualify for a refund because they were able to rebook us within 24 hours. I was given the travel funds. And a few days later is when the DOT made their statement. I didn’t argue with the agent because we have 18 months to use will use the credit. It is annoying to know JB lied & got away with it tho.

My flights changed yesterday. I was direct from buffalo to MCO. Now I have to have a layover in boston.

My Easter weekend flight was cancelled March 30. I was also told I didn’t qualify for a refund because they were able to rebook us within 24 hours. I was given the travel funds. And a few days later is when the DOT made their statement. I didn’t argue with the agent because we have 18 months to use will use the credit. It is annoying to know JB lied & got away with it tho.
Just FYI I believe they now extended the use time to 24 months from the date of issue.

Just FYI I believe they now extended the use time to 24 months from the date of issue.

Thanks! When I called she said 18 months, but I thought I read it is 24 months now. And it’s from the date the travel funds are issued, not the original purchase. So really a decent option which is why I didn’t argue about the refund. I figured, ok, that money as already spent. Now when I book a vacation next year, it will be like having free airfare. :laughing:

My flights changed yesterday. I was direct from buffalo to MCO. Now I have to have a layover in boston.

Ugh. What are your dates? We are out of Buffalo too. We have July 13- 18 booked right now. I’m already iffy about flying because we are in our mid 60s & my DH has a chronic health problem that puts him in a high risk group. The nonstop flights made me feel a little better....less time in the air, less people to come in contact with. We haven’t booked with a layover in years, so that might be a deal breaker for us. If JB cancels our nonstop for this trip, I would insist on a refund. I only need so many travel funds, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!