JetBlue Refund Question

New question: I just got an email from JetBlue. Offers a new choice of a 20% increase in the travel bank funds I got from our cancelled April trip. Or a refund in the form of an amazon gift card, PayPal, or a virtual debit card. Wondering if anyone else got this offer & took the virtual debit card. How does that work? It Is almost $600 & I don’t need that amount from amazon. Haven’t used PayPal in years but I do have an account. So I’m thinking of doing the virtual debit card but not sure how that would work. Can it only be used online? Would there be anyway to use it in person? Like at the grocery store?

Nice of them to offer these options, but won’t do me any good if I can’t actually use the refunded amount.

I have a travel bank credit for a flight I cancelled for today. I am planning on going in January 2021. As I correct in understanding what is on their website that if I book before June 30th, there will no fees if I have to cancel the flight? The first sentence below sounds like I have to fly before the 30th and the second sentence says I have to book before the 30th. Tried to chat or text and they are both not available.

"Book a new flight through June 30 and fees will be waived if you change or cancel. If you choose to rebook, you can do so on any flight through the end of our schedule. Fare difference may apply."
"Bookings must be made prior to June 30, 2020."

My second question: If I choose to use points for this flight instead will they be credited if I cancel?

Thank you!

Just tweeted Jet Blue and got the following reply:

"That's right! If you book a flight on or before June 30, you will be able to change or cancel your flight without change or cancel fees. If you change your flight, the difference in airfare will apply. -Ann"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!