Jiko, Artists Pointe or Spoodles for a Last Night Dinner?

Poll: Last night dinner - Spoodles, Artist Point or Jiko?

• Spoodles

• Artist Point

• Jiko

Results are only viewable after voting.

LglBlonde

DIS Veteran
Just two adults, late 20's, no children. Not interested in CG or Flying Fish really either. We are dining at Ohana, Chef Mickey's, and Rose & Crown three of our five nights. One day, we are having a big lunch at Rainforest Cafe, so we'll have a counter dinner that night (maybe Pepper Market, as we have Q&C). We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside, but we will have a car.

For our last evening, we had a PS at Cape May Cafe Buffet, but I've not heard good things and now we'd like to do a sit-down non-buffet since we already have one buffet & one family style.

I was thinking Spoodles would be fun, then we could walk around the Boardwalk. Then I heard wonderful things about Jiko, and convinced my meat & potatoes DH to try it out. Then, I've also heard wonderful things about Artist's Point, and we had considered a stay at Wilderness Lodge, so it would be neat to visit. If we one day hit the lottery, I'd love to stay at Boardwalk on a return visit, so that would be neat too.

Looking for a reasonably priced, last evening, somewhat quieter would be nice, but not necessarily a requirement. Romantic is always good too.

So, Spoodles? Jiko? or Artist Pointe?

I think Spoodle is a great place for breakfast. Not too sure about dinner, though. Jinkos is so cool for a different type of experience. Go early just to walk around and see the animals and the beautiful hotel. Stop by the pool bar and see Sam who use to work at the GF. and then have a wonderful dinner. Try the filet with the mac and cheese. Sounds funny but it's awsome.

I can only speak to Artist Point and Spoodles, since I haven't been to Jiko's yet.

I think both are romantic dinners, in different ways. Artist Point is more traditionally romantic, beautiful, quiet atmosphere, wonderful food, extensive wine lists. It is slightly more expensive than Spoodles, and has the feel of a special occasion date.

Spoodles is more active and fun. The restaruant has an open kitchen, so it smells great from the moment you walk in. They have an extensive tapas menu, and my husband and I really enjoyed ordering a bunch of different things and sharing them with each other. Also romantic, but more lively. We also had fun exploring the Boardwalk afterwards.

This is a tough one. 2 of our favorite places are on your list.

Spoodle's - We love this place! It is casual and not too expensive, but, it can be noisy. We love the flat bread and filet medallions. The desserts are very yummy! Best bet is after 8 to avoid the noise. We enjoy spending time on the Boardwalk, also.

Jiko's - quiet, beautiful decor, wonderful food.. only problem is that it is more expensive. The fliet on mac and cheese is out of this world. Sounds like a strange combo, but this is not mac and cheese from the blue box!:D

I have never been to Artist Point so I have no comment on it.

I just can't vote. Both of these places have so much appeal for different reasons.

i did not vote!! either artist point or jiko would be wonderful for a romantic dinner. i agree w/cooldisneycat about the mac/cheese. and of course the WL--aaahhhh. either of those would be fabulous! good luck:tongue:

Out of the three I've only been to Spoodles and we love it.

I have to say however that I'm very surprised that you haven't heard good things about the Cape May Clam Bake. All I've ever heard are GREAT things about that place and many raves come from "meat" eaters.

I voted for Jiko, it's one of my most favorite places to eat at WDW. We've eaten at all 3 places and I do like AP also, it is quiet and romantic, but for my taste, Jiko wins hands down. I always try different dishes when we eat there and have never been disappointed. I do love the filet w/mac & cheese, but some of their fish dishes are wonderful and my DH loves the Lamb Shank.

We always enjoy a nice glass of wine, and the servers there are really good are making wine pairings. To end the evening, they have wonderful desserts, but best of all is the Kenya AA pressed pot!
::yes::

Good Luck!

Wow I'm very surprised that you heard nagative things about Cape May. It is rated as one of the best buffets in Disney. I am not a big buffet person , but I love Cape May and Boma's and they are must do's on every vacation. I have eaten at Artists Point recently as well as Spoodles and both are great. I agree with other posters, it depends on what you are looking for. Spoodles is a favorite of ours and we really enjoy the food and the lively atmosphere but it can get noisy on a crowded night( sit away from the kitchen). If you are looking for a quiet dinner than skip that and go to Artists point or Jiko's. I have eaten in most of the restaurants in Disney but somehow haven't managed to go to Jiko's yet because I love the variety that Boma's to offer. We also travel with a tween and a teen:) Jiko's also looks like a romantic spot for a couple. I would go on Deb Will's site and look at all the menus and then make my choice based on dining preference. What a nice choice to make. Have fun.

I don't think my last post went on the board:( so I'll try again. I wanted to let you know that Artist Pointe is expensive so I would check the menu site for the prices. Also I would skip the dinner at Chef Mickey's . There are too any kids running around and the food is only so so. If you have your heart set on it I would go for breakfast instead. The food quality is better. You could also substitute in Spoodles and one of the other two choices. I would probably go with Jikos. Just my opinion:) Have a great time:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Are you going the end of May or early June? If so, you have to treat yourself to the best salmon money can buy… anywhere on the planet. Artist Point flies fresh salmon in from the northwest. It's spawning season there and the salmon fatten themselves up for the trip. The flavor is exquisite.

I chose Spoodles based on your request for "reasonably priced". I've eaten at all three, and Spoodles and Jiko are two favorites at WDW. But they are very different.

Spoodles is casual and moderately priced, while Jiko is a more upscale restaurant with considerably higher prices.

Don't expect to get out of Jiko for under $120 for dinner for two, Spoodles will be more in the $80 range. That would include one alcoholic beverage, entree and either appetizer or dessert each, plus tax and tip. It could be a little higher or lower depending on exactly what you order.

As an FYI, Artist Point prices are in the same range as Jiko.

Anne

I agree--reasonably priced sort of tips the scale to Spoodles.

But if I had my druthers, it would be (in order) Jikos, Artist Point, and Spoodles.

Without taking cost in consideration...

1. Jiko
2. Spoodles
3. Artist Point

With cost in consideration

1. Spoodles
2. Jiko
3. Artist Point

The reason why AP is in third place, is I have had only good service once in the four or so time, I have eaten there.

Jiko & Spoodles are our two favorite restaurants at WDW. So either one will be a great choice. We are going to eat at Artist Point for the first time on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter