Journals?

jenr812

What happened to the tag fairy?
Is there a specific forum to open a trip planning journal? I would like to have a journal where I can keep track of my plans, etc as I plan our upcoming visit to the happiest place :cool1: If there is no specific forum, where do you suggest I put one? TIA :sunny:

Jen, we're really not set up to offer users space to use as a personal journaling site. This is really a place to ask and answer questions and share trip planning information.

What I always do is set up folders and spreadsheets on my own computer that contain my travel plans and itineraries. I know the information is secure and that I have control of it.

What a alot of people have done is purchase the WDW PassPorter for their trip. I am waiting for the 2005 one to come out hopefully next month to purchase mine. It's pretty cool, it has maps of the parks. And sections to write all your disney info. and phone numbers. And, I also have a special "Disney" folder I have made to keep all my info., Any confirmations, special notes, ideas I have gotten from DisBoards, packing list, etc. Have fun Planning !! :wave:

Although these are great suggestions, I think I know what the OP wants. I would like an online trip planning space too and I'm sure there must be something like that out there. Perhaps you could ask your question on the Theme Parks & Strategies board as well as the Community Boards to receive more responses. Someone out there must know of something like what we are looking for.

Ali

Thanks for the responses. I am looking forward to the passporter coming out and have a friend from another BB mailing me last year's to look at in the meantime. I know Disney had a program last year that I downloaded that was supposed to aid in planning but it was basically just a way to keep your favorites together. I'm not talking about blogging per se, or an interactive journal. I can understand the space constraints though. By journal I just meant where I could just post my personal thoughts about the trip I'm planning and keep all ideas re: dining, what to see and do, etc. in one concise neat place :) Basically, it would be a way to share trip planning info, with all *my* trip planning info in one thread LOL! I think it would be useful for others, kind of like a reverse TRIP REPORTS thread. Thanks anyway.:)

Jen, I can see exactly what you are saying and have to agree that that would be cool. This is the internet - there must be something out there somewhere. :) Anyone?

Ali

I think if it's not possible here, I may just open a second journal at the site where I keep my mommy journal currently. I was originally going to do that, but figured I'd try here since this is obviously geared more toward Disney freaks and it might be mutually beneficial :) I can PM you the site (not sure if I can mention it here) if you're interested. :)

This is probably a stupid question, but do you happen to have Microsoft Works on your computer? I had the computer 2 years before I realized that there was a vacation planner (as well as a bunch of other interesting things) within Works. :blush:

I do have works and I know about the databases. I just haven't been able to find something I'm satisfied with. I would like something online so I can share my planning with my friends and family...mainly my DFi.

Ali

What about the Magical Gatherings Vacation Planner? Did you check that out yet? If you haven't, you and the people you want to share it with download it and make your plans. You can even chat while you're looking at it from your respective computers.

That's the last idea I have for now :blush: .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter