Journey to the Center Refurbishment

Yes. It opened one day AFTER our recent visit.

We did visit the Bella Vista lounge in the Miracosta (after our four day pass had expired) and saw it in action (from a distance).

Apparently there have been some improvements to various effects.

Yes. It opened one day AFTER our recent visit.

We did visit the Bella Vista lounge in the Miracosta (after our four day pass had expired) and saw it in action (from a distance).

Apparently there have been some improvements to various effects.

Thanks but sorry to hear you missed it! I assume it won't be down anytime soon again? Going in Feb and that ride is definitely my favorite at DS.

I don’t think any ride operating can be guaranteed, but after a lengthy refurbishment, I would expect Journey to be operating normally for a good while.

Wow, do they always have that many closures? I can’t imagine going and having that many rides down for a once in a lifetime trip.
Yes, they do something called "regular maintenance" that isn't in the vocabulary of the Disney-owned parks.

I'm going the week before BATB opens and NOTHING is on refurb (castle reopens mid-trip). I'm extremely lucky.

Yes, they do something called "regular maintenance" that isn't in the vocabulary of the Disney-owned parks.

I'm going the week before BATB opens and NOTHING is on refurb (castle reopens mid-trip). I'm extremely lucky.

Honestly that makes me want to rethink going

You like rides in poor condition??

They post refurb schedules six months in advance so easy to plan around, but generally there is no more than one major attraction closed at a time.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, they post them WELL AHEAD so you can easily know what you are dealing with before you book. It's really not a huge issue.

You like rides in poor condition??

They post refurb schedules six months in advance so easy to plan around, but generally there is no more than one major attraction closed at a time.
[/QUOTE]

I’ve never had any major issues with WDW or DLR. I am certainly not an overly observant person so I don’t notice minor problems, especially with things I’ve never seen. I’d rather see it at 85% than not at all.

But there seem to be sooo many refurbs constantly and very tricky to plan a trip to avoid all of them. I doubt I will ever make it out there again. If they are truly always posted at least 6 months in advance that helps. But if I planned a trip and missed something like Journey or other truly unique attractions to the US I would be devastated.

And with teacher schedules and working around flight prices, I feel like it will be difficult to pickan affordable, realistic time, with no refurbs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!