Joy in the World ~ a magical Christmas weekend! real life update 04/07

Walking in to Town Square, I was overcome with all the Christmas decor, the music playing and the amazing atmosphere.
We've seen all the holiday decor before but when we went this year I was just so glad to be there again for it!
Sadly, it was still too wet for the Trolley Show dancers to perform so I had to forgo that. But I caught the Dapper Dans in all their Christmas finery and loved every minute of their show.
I always enjoy both the Dapper Dans and trolley show and luckily we caught the holiday version of the trolley show twice last month. No Dapper Dans though sadly; glad you caught them!
I adored the Christmas overlay through LwtL, especially the snowmen! Aren't they the cutest???
I loved the holiday additions here too!
I had hoped to catch the Gospel Choir "Joyful" but narrowly missed their performance.
And we stopped and watched them for about 30 minutes last month; wonderful :goodvibes Weird sitting there listening to holiday songs, them dressed in sweaters and scarves while the sun was blazing down on us lol but they looked and sounded great.
The mischievous barn Santa in Norway was up next and did not disappoint!
Norway has always been my favorite 🇳🇴 They changed it up just a tad this year but still fun!
By this time I was feeling a bit peckish so decided to wander over to Bavarian Kitchen for the cider flight and the cheese fondue bowl. This was delicious and quite filling with the vegetables and bread
I've had the fondue bowl 3x including this year with the cider flight and it may have been my favorite booth offering. You accomplished a good deal of holiday things today!

We've seen all the holiday decor before but when we went this year I was just so glad to be there again for it!
It was my first time being in Disney for Christmas and I went around with the biggest smile on my face. I was the crazy girl singing along to all the Christmas music and practically skipping with every step!
I've had the fondue bowl 3x including this year with the cider flight and it may have been my favorite booth offering. You accomplished a good deal of holiday things today!
It was so good!! More Christmas touring and events coming up! :)

Hello! :wave2:

Sounds like a fun trip!

That being said, the walls are THIN! I could hear people walking, bathroom noises of all kinds, conversations, TV etc etc.

Allie and I stayed at ASMo for a few days in early December and we thought the same thing. The toilets flushing was the worst!

Final thoughts on Pop....... I would absolutely stay here again. If I had a late flight where it made no sense to spend $$$$ to only go to sleep or if I was doing a quick go, go, go trip like this one, Pop would be a great option.

I would 100% stay at POP again. It wasn't available for us when we looked and we booked at ASMo instead. That was a mistake and I would never stay there again :crazy2:

The sun was shining now and it was time for me to head off for a full day at Epcot. What a perfect start to my day!

It is!

I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was no additional bag check for monorail guests

This is one of the BEST recent changes they've made :thumbsup2

My first ride of the day was Spaceship Earth as love Dame Judi Dench and wanted to cement her version of SE in my memory.

:love:

I just made a FP for this for March and honestly, I was happily surprised see it was still going to be open.

I adored the Christmas overlay through LwtL, especially the snowmen! Aren't they the cutest???
IMG_5538.JPG

I loved the LWTL Christmas overlay…did you get to see it at night? It was pretty awesome :love:

I was so tempted to hop off and take a look at some of the Christmas decor at the monorail resorts
I bet!
I thought I was prepared but there was nothing quite like seeing that construction zone in person.
Yeah... it's... huge. And an eyesore, but..
I know it needed to be done and it will be lovely when it's finished, but right now it is just a giant mess in Future World.
… exactly that. You can't have progress and growth and newness without the mess.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was no additional bag check for monorail guests....I knew that was going to happen but it was really lovely to simply stroll off the monorail and head to the park gates without lining up for bag check again.
That was long overdue. Thank goodness.
I was lucky enough to get front row so I could re-enact @Jenny Sanders famous foot shot. See, it's a new Dis trend!
:laughing:
::yes::
Nope!
But I suppose any collection of three ornaments qualifies. ;)
I hadn't quite anticipated the busyness of Saturday crowds at Epcot.
::yes:: It's nuts on a weekend.
I headed for Kringla bakery and picked up a schoolbread
Blech! Coconut!
The holiday storytellers were spectacular and I really enjoyed the unique perspective they lent to the Christmas story.
Oh! That sounds great! I didn't know about that.
Happy New Year and many good wishes to you all for 2020!
Happy New Year to you too! :goodvibes

Hello! :wave2:

Sounds like a fun trip!
Hi Kelly and :welcome:, glad you are here!
I would 100% stay at POP again. It wasn't available for us when we looked and we booked at ASMo instead. That was a mistake and I would never stay there again :crazy2:
So ASMo wasn't a good fit for you?? Now I am curious.....
This is one of the BEST recent changes they've made :thumbsup2
::yes::
I just made a FP for this for March and honestly, I was happily surprised see it was still going to be open.
Yay! I am secretly hoping it will still be open in August but that's probably a stretch.
I loved the LWTL Christmas overlay…did you get to see it at night? It was pretty awesome :love:
Unfortunately I didn't. I was planning on it but I was done after after Candlelight Processional and headed back to Pop instead.
YAY!!!! I started a trend...LOL!
Yes, you did!
… exactly that. You can't have progress and growth and newness without the mess.
So true!
That was long overdue. Thank goodness.
It makes such a difference!
Blech! Coconut!
Yummy coconut! More for me..... :)
Oh! That sounds great! I didn't know about that.
Every country has a different storyteller focusing on holiday traditions in that country. It's so well done.

Hi Susan! I missed that you had started a new TR. I've been a bit scarce on the boards lately. I've mentioned on a couple other TRs, but the short story is that I started a new job with my company that required a lot of hours for training and I am now starting shift work, 12 hour days. So it's been quite an adjustment for my family, especially with it happening over Christmas. But the plus side is that it came with a salary increase, so I am hopeful that I can get back to WDW sometime soon. Maybe even this summer, but I'm not sure yet.

I would also love to get down there for Christmas, so I'm really looking forward to reading about your trip. I've visited Disney in nearly every season now and during every festival, except Christmas. I even toyed with the idea of going this year for Christmas, but the kids are in school so late and I really don't think I could handle the crowds between Dec 24th and Jan 1st. Maybe something for DW and I to do ourselves some year.

I just started reading along - sounds like a really fun trip so far ::yes::!
:welcome: , thanks for following along! It was such a fun trip......Christmas at Disney is just so incredible! :)
Hi Susan! I missed that you had started a new TR. I've been a bit scarce on the boards lately. I've mentioned on a couple other TRs, but the short story is that I started a new job with my company that required a lot of hours for training and I am now starting shift work, 12 hour days. So it's been quite an adjustment for my family, especially with it happening over Christmas. But the plus side is that it came with a salary increase, so I am hopeful that I can get back to WDW sometime soon. Maybe even this summer, but I'm not sure yet.

I would also love to get down there for Christmas, so I'm really looking forward to reading about your trip. I've visited Disney in nearly every season now and during every festival, except Christmas. I even toyed with the idea of going this year for Christmas, but the kids are in school so late and I really don't think I could handle the crowds between Dec 24th and Jan 1st. Maybe something for DW and I to do ourselves some year.
Hi Jeff! Glad to see you here! It sounds like life has been super stressful and busy for you. How are the new work hours so far? How is everyone adjusting to the new normal? I hope you get to plan a new trip soon, that would be amazing! My oldest son has expressed interest in Galaxy's Edge so I am tentatively planning a mother/son trip for us towards the end of August. I know I am going regardless but would love it if he came with me.

Christmas at Disney is like nothing I have ever experienced. It was just over the top amazingness and I can't wait to experience it again. We finish school early for Christmas next year (the 18th I think) so I am hoping I might be able to swing a few days there before the actual Christmas rush. I still have to cross Food and Wine as well as Festival of the Arts off my list. I'd love to do one of the Run Disney events too. I just need more time off work and money, lol!

I’m loving your trip so far 😍
The Christmas decorations are just gorgeous and you seem to be accomplishing quite a bit without too much difficulty so that’s great. I’d love to make a Christmas visit in the near future 🎄☃️🎅

I’m loving your trip so far 😍
The Christmas decorations are just gorgeous and you seem to be accomplishing quite a bit without too much difficulty so that’s great. I’d love to make a Christmas visit in the near future 🎄🎅
Thank you so much! I really tried to see and do as much as possible. Who needs to sleep on a Disney trip?? You would adore Disney at Christmas, it is just so special. I am hoping to make it to your side of the pond sooner than later. :)

How are the new work hours so far? How is everyone adjusting to the new normal?
The night shift hours were strange at first but I got used to them, and it hasn’t been bad sleeping during the day.
But with Christmas break it was a bit easier than usual with no school, no university, no dance classes to get to. It’s really going to hit us this coming week when all that starts up again. My old job I had more flexible hours so if I had to leave work to bring somebody to university or dance, I could do it. But now I have to put in the 12 hours without leaving so it will be harder to figure it all out. Luckily my parents live just 5 minutes down the road and are usually able to help out, so I’m sure we’ll get used to it.

The tree was incredible and I loved the wreaths on all the lamp posts. It was completely over the top which is exactly how I like Christmas to be!

I was at DLR this last Christmas and it was the same. Total overload... and perfect!

I strolled from the carousel down into Tomorrowland for a ride on the People Mover. Really, there is nothing better!

No, there isn't!

Can you say you were on the People Mover if you don't have an obligatory foot shot??

NOPE!

Sadly, it was still too wet for the Trolley Show dancers to perform so I had to forgo that. But I caught the Dapper Dans in all their Christmas finery and loved every minute of their show.

Well, shoot. They are one of my favorite things to catch. I love them!

I thought I was prepared but there was nothing quite like seeing that construction zone in person.

Yes, it's a mess and so sad right now. Like you say, worth it, but right now... icky.

but right now it is just a giant mess in Future World.

Yep.

row so I could re-enact @Jenny Sanders famous foot shot. See, it's a new Dis trend!

There's quite a few trends recently. :goodvibes

I hadn't quite anticipated the busyness of Saturday crowds at Epcot.

Been there and done it. Weekends suck at EPCOT these days.

Joining in...we went last January and was lucky enough to still see all the decorations..I agree it was so beautiful
:welcome: , happy to have you joining in!
The night shift hours were strange at first but I got used to them, and it hasn’t been bad sleeping during the day.
But with Christmas break it was a bit easier than usual with no school, no university, no dance classes to get to. It’s really going to hit us this coming week when all that starts up again. My old job I had more flexible hours so if I had to leave work to bring somebody to university or dance, I could do it. But now I have to put in the 12 hours without leaving so it will be harder to figure it all out. Luckily my parents live just 5 minutes down the road and are usually able to help out, so I’m sure we’ll get used to it.
Is your oldest daughter driving yet? My boys haven't started driving yet so we do a fair amount of running around too. I hope this week is not too crazy and that you get some time to decompress when you are off shift. It's great that your parents are close by and can lend a hand.
Well, shoot. They are one of my favorite things to catch. I love them!
I adore the Main Street Trolley Show.......

🎶🎶I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A.
I know it's no illusion; it's a dream that's here to stay
For the time of your life, you oughtta find yourself here
You're welcome anytime you have the mind to appear

I'm walking right down the middle,
Right down the middle,

I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A.🎶🎶

Yes, it's a mess and so sad right now. Like you say, worth it, but right now... icky.
So, so icky!
Been there and done it. Weekends suck at EPCOT these days.
I haven't been on a weekend evening in 3 or 4 years and was quickly reminded of why I don't go near Epcot on the weekend.

Is the 2nd security check gone now at Epcot if you are traveling by monorail?
That is awesome if that’s the case, this was a pet peeve no doubt!
WS looks so cheery at Christmas time and the holiday festival booths are something we have never experienced.
We will be there for Festival of the Arts soon and we have enjoyed this, I hope to try some food booths!

Is the 2nd security check gone now at Epcot if you are traveling by monorail?
That is awesome if that’s the case, this was a pet peeve no doubt!
WS looks so cheery at Christmas time and the holiday festival booths are something we have never experienced.
We will be there for Festival of the Arts soon and we have enjoyed this, I hope to try some food booths!
It is gone and what a difference it makes!!!! Festival of the holidays was just amazing. I really only scratched the surface this trip and can't wait to go back again to experience more of it. I would love to try Festival of the Arts too, especially the Broadway shows.

I adore the Main Street Trolley Show.......

🎶🎶I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A.
I know it's no illusion; it's a dream that's here to stay
For the time of your life, you oughtta find yourself here
You're welcome anytime you have the mind to appear

I'm walking right down the middle,
Right down the middle,

I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A.🎶🎶

:goodvibes
I haven't been on a weekend evening in 3 or 4 years and was quickly reminded of why I don't go near Epcot on the weekend.

Yeah... We made that mistake a few years ago, and have to plan around it now.

When will you be there, Caroline? I forgot your dates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!