Joy in the World ~ a magical Christmas weekend! real life update 04/07

I'm here and can't wait to hear about your holiday trip!

The tree in the Pop lobby looked lovely, and I'm sure the value room was perfect for a quick trip.

I'm here and can't wait to hear about your holiday trip!

The tree in the Pop lobby looked lovely, and I'm sure the value room was perfect for a quick trip.
:welcome: Alicia! I really like Pop a lot...it is such a cute resort and the CMs there were fantastic!. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family! :)

HI Susan!

Um, needless to say, my surgery kinda kicked my butt. But, emerging from my fog, lo and behold, and what do I find? But a shiny new thread and 8 tiny reindeer. There's reindeer here, right?

Okay, maybe no reindeer, but I will find new stories and photos. :)

Glad I found you!

I"ve stayed at POP a couple of times and enjoyed it. Really no complaints at all and as you say, convenient for a short stay.

Um, needless to say, my surgery kinda kicked my butt. But, emerging from my fog, lo and behold, and what do I find? But a shiny new thread and 8 tiny reindeer. There's reindeer here, right?
:welcome: my friend! Glad you are here. Absolutely there are reindeer....I was at MVMCP after all....... :)
I"ve stayed at POP a couple of times and enjoyed it. Really no complaints at all and as you say, convenient for a short stay.
I really enjoyed it....certainly clean, comfortable and convenient with the addition of the Skyliner.

Oh it's a magical morning to be at Disney!

Waking up bright and early after a great night's sleep, I was so excited to get going. I had debated adding the Hopper option to my two day ticket and because I was up so early, I decided to go for it and head to Magic Kingdom! I was pretty hungry though, so I tried out Everything Pop for breakfast first. I picked up my refillable mug (I am a sucker for the holiday design) and decided to go for the kids waffle meal with extra bacon. This came with a water and fruit on the side. Quite the bargain for $6.49!
IMG_5519.JPG
There was a massive rainstorm as I was having breakfast and I really hoped it would clear. I had my poncho and umbrella with me as well as a fleece and gloves for later. You can never be too prepared! Luckily the rain had slowed to a drizzle by the time I headed to the bus stop and completely stopped by the time we got to Magic Kingdom. I was almost giddy going through security and seeing all the Christmas decor in front of the train station brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't believe I was really here!
IMG_5524.JPG
Walking in to Town Square, I was overcome with all the Christmas decor, the music playing and the amazing atmosphere. I was really here! The tree was incredible and I loved the wreaths on all the lamp posts. It was completely over the top which is exactly how I like Christmas to be!
IMG_5525.JPGIMG_5526.JPG
The toy soldiers through the gardens were perfect as well!
IMG_5534.JPG
I had to stop for a picture in front of the castle of course!
IMG_5783.JPG
I decided to walk through the castle to take a closer look at the mosaics. I just love them! The carousel seemed like a perfect first ride so I headed there next. I strolled from the carousel down into Tomorrowland for a ride on the People Mover. Really, there is nothing better!
IMG_5531.JPG
Can you say you were on the People Mover if you don't have an obligatory foot shot??

I had two main goals for the morning; the Dapper Dans and the Trolley show. I was really hoping for the Christmas iteration of each. Sadly, it was still too wet for the Trolley Show dancers to perform so I had to forgo that. But I caught the Dapper Dans in all their Christmas finery and loved every minute of their show.
IMG_5536.JPG

The sun was shining now and it was time for me to head off for a full day at Epcot. What a perfect start to my day!

Last edited:

It was completely over the top which is exactly how I like Christmas to be!
I agree wholeheartedly! ::yes::

I strolled from the carousel down into Tomorrowland for a ride on the People Mover. Really, there is nothing better!
There really isn't :cloud9:

Can you say you were on the People Mover if you don't have an obligatory foot shot??
I don't think so! :laughing:

What a lovely start to your trip, Susan! I really love Pop - it's been a bit since I've been there, but I agree - it's spotlessly clean and gets the job done for a fraction of the price when all you're doing there is sleeping and showering :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more! Happy New Year!!! :wizard:

kids waffle meal with extra bacon. This came with a water and fruit on the side. Quite the bargain for $6.49!
Not bad!
Luckily the rain had slowed to a drizzle by the time I headed to the bus stop and completely stopped by the time we got to Magic Kingdom.
Nice!!
I was almost giddy going through security and seeing all the Christmas decor in front of the train station brought tears to my eyes.
Awww... :)
I couldn't believe I was really here!
You are! You are!
Walking in to Town Square, I was overcome with all the Christmas decor, the music playing and the amazing atmosphere. I was really here! The tree was incredible and I loved the wreaths on all the lamp posts. It was completely over the top which is exactly how I like Christmas to be!
If it's not over the top... it's not Christmas!
I had to stop for a picture in front of the castle of course!
Of course! Great shot of you. :)
Nope!!!

I find if funny that we both posted the same photo on the same day. :laughing:
Sadly, it was still too wet for the Trolley Show dancers to perform so I had to forgo that. But I caught the Dapper Dans in all their Christmas finery and loved every minute of their show.
Too bad about the Trolley show, but understandable. Glad you caught the Dans, though!
The sun was shining now and it was time for me to head off for a full day at Epcot. What a perfect start to my day!
::yes::

What a lovely start to your trip, Susan! I really love Pop - it's been a bit since I've been there, but I agree - it's spotlessly clean and gets the job done for a fraction of the price when all you're doing there is sleeping and showering :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more! Happy New Year!!! :wizard:
Happy New Year to you Tracy! Hope all is well with you and that your new job is going well. This was the shortest Disney trip I have ever taken but it was so, so fun!
If it's not over the top... it's not Christmas!
Exactly!!
I find if funny that we both posted the same photo on the same day. :laughing:
I got a good chuckle out of that too!
Of course! Great shot of you. :)
Thank you!
Too bad about the Trolley show, but understandable. Glad you caught the Dans, though!
It's not a day at MK for me without the Dapper Dans!

Great morning. The rain stopped and the clouds parted just for you. 😉
It really was a perfect morning! I'm telling you, it's all about the magic poncho......I've been carrying the same one since our March 2015 trip and have only used it twice! :)

What a perfect start to your day! There’s something so magical about that walk down Main Street to the tunes from the Dapper Dans :goodvibes

What a perfect start to your day! There’s something so magical about that walk down Main Street to the tunes from the Dapper Dans :goodvibes
It really couldn't have been a better start to the day! :)
Good call to add the PH, MK looks so festive! Hitting the PM is so worth it!
I was really happy that I added the hopper, starting at MK was the perfect way to begin the day!

Festive fun at Epcot!

Leaving MK, the express monorail was not running yet but luckily I was able to catch the resort loop monorail without too much of a wait. I was so tempted to hop off and take a look at some of the Christmas decor at the monorail resorts but that was on the agenda for another day. Today I had FPs calling my name as well as the fun of discovering what the Festival of the Holidays was all about.

All of you are well aware of the state of things at Epcot. I thought I was prepared but there was nothing quite like seeing that construction zone in person. I know it needed to be done and it will be lovely when it's finished, but right now it is just a giant mess in Future World. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was no additional bag check for monorail guests....I knew that was going to happen but it was really lovely to simply stroll off the monorail and head to the park gates without lining up for bag check again. My first ride of the day was Spaceship Earth as love Dame Judi Dench and wanted to cement her version of SE in my memory. Next up was Living with the Land for the Christmas overlay and I was lucky enough to get front row so I could re-enact @Jenny Sanders famous foot shot. See, it's a new Dis trend!
IMG_5537.JPG

I adored the Christmas overlay through LwtL, especially the snowmen! Aren't they the cutest???
IMG_5538.JPG
Can you spy the hidden Mickey within the ornaments??
IMG_5541.JPG

I loved the wreath made of cotton and the cutest reindeer.......
IMG_5542.JPGIMG_5544.JPG

I had hoped to catch the Gospel Choir "Joyful" but narrowly missed their performance. I headed off to Mexico instead to check out the Festival food booths but the lines were crazy. I hadn't quite anticipated the busyness of Saturday crowds at Epcot. Going for plan B, I headed for Kringla bakery and picked up a schoolbread to enjoy as I waited for the Mexican storyteller's performance.
IMG_5547.JPG

The holiday storytellers were spectacular and I really enjoyed the unique perspective they lent to the Christmas story.
IMG_5549.JPG

The mischievous barn Santa in Norway was up next and did not disappoint!
IMG_5550.JPG
By this time I was feeling a bit peckish so decided to wander over to Bavarian Kitchen for the cider flight and the cheese fondue bowl. This was delicious and quite filling with the vegetables and bread. The cider were so refreshing on the beautiful warm afternoon and I had a chance to catch a set of the German band as I enjoyed my snacks.
IMG_5551.JPG

Next up is some resort hopping to enjoy the Christmas decor and more fun at Festival of the holidays! Here is the pretty tree at Epcot....so festive!
IMG_5546.JPG

Happy New Year and many good wishes to you all for 2020!

Last edited:
kids waffle meal with extra bacon. This came with a water and fruit on the side. Quite the bargain for $6.49!

We get kids QS meals a lot- especially for breakfast. They come with a lot of food and don't cost a lot!

The toy soldiers through the gardens were perfect as well!
IMG_5534.JPG

:love: :love:

I thought I was prepared but there was nothing quite like seeing that construction zone in person.

Agreed- what a mess.

Sounds like it was good planning to stop for breakfast at Everything Pop and let the rainstorm pass. That trusty poncho helped you avoid getting drenched! :goodvibes

I'm sure the construction at Epcot is a bit of a shock. I've seen pictures but can't imagine trying to navigate between the sea of walls.

Thank goodness that second bag check is gone from the monorail exit!

Love the sand snowmen on LwtL.

Going to the WS and listening to the holiday storytellers sounds like a lovely first day holiday activity.

We get kids QS meals a lot- especially for breakfast. They come with a lot of food and don't cost a lot!
It's such a great option. I like them for a late dinner too, especially if I've had a big lunch that day.
Sounds like it was good planning to stop for breakfast at Everything Pop and let the rainstorm pass. That trusty poncho helped you avoid getting drenched! :goodvibes
Yup, the magic poncho comes to the rescue yet again!
Thank goodness that second bag check is gone from the monorail exit!
It makes arriving at Epcot so much easier!!
Going to the WS and listening to the holiday storytellers sounds like a lovely first day holiday activity.
It was perfect. I didn't get to them all but really enjoyed the ones I did see. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter