July 2018 Car Rental Watch

Does anyone know what rental locations are closest to MCO but without the airport premium? We will not be eligible for DME so something within a (reasonable) cab or bus ride of the airport.

I've been watching our prices for a standard through Alamo at MCO for July 2-12. Our original price is $380 and prices went high. They are starting to come back down ($422 now), but was really hoping to get it down around $200-250. Just waiting to see....

Saw some good prices on Priceline this morning, but they threw Sixt into the list of possibles and I don't want to risk having to shuttle. Full Size $20/day ($130 total) for 7/2 - 7/5. At the top of the screen on the app it says "You will get one of these" and lists Hertz, Avis, National and Alamo" but when you click through to the Full Size, they add Sixt, Advantage and Budget. It would save me $50 off my current National Emerald Aisle, but I'm just not sure I want to risk it.

Just made my rental reservation through my National corporate account. 7/2 - 7/5 Emerald Aisle $$178.90. Hoping there will be a $20 off coupon at some point. Will use Autoslash and see what else comes up.

Just got a full size with Alamo for $153.27 for my dates (7/2 - 7/5) using carrentalsavers and adding my alamo insider number and the code for $25 off coupon (AD3868JST).

Priceline had Express Deal for Full Size for $15/day ($103 total) but I'm still leery that it would end up being Sixt. I've always had good experiences with Alamo so I'm good with this unless I find something better in the next 9 days.

Just got a full size with Alamo for $153.27 for my dates (7/2 - 7/5) using carrentalsavers and adding my alamo insider number and the code for $25 off coupon (AD3868JST).

Priceline had Express Deal for Full Size for $15/day ($103 total) but I'm still leery that it would end up being Sixt. I've always had good experiences with Alamo so I'm good with this unless I find something better in the next 9 days.
Ashleyrm, just so you know for future trips to Orlando, they don't have a Full Size isle at Alamo. So if you book standard, you can pick from that isle and they usually have bigger cars on that isle for you to pick from. I have even gotten a 7 passenger mini van on this isle. So don't pay more for Full Size.

RATES ARE LOWER TODAY FOR ALAMO IN ORLANDO PEOPLE! I just checked and got $30 lower for my dates July 25-Aug. 1st.

RATES ARE LOWER TODAY FOR ALAMO IN ORLANDO PEOPLE! I just checked and got $30 lower for my dates July 25-Aug. 1st.

Congrats

Not for me, have been running multiple codes, adjusting times and have auto-slash monitor in place for my dates 7/1 - 7/7

Still higher than my alamo booking for midsize made 4/29 @ $229 arrrgh

Priceline best was $190 yesterday, but $40 savings not worth it to me to stand in line @ terminal, which has taken up to an hour in the past for me.

I’ll keep on checking up to the bitter end lol.

Ashleyrm, just so you know for future trips to Orlando, they don't have a Full Size isle at Alamo. So if you book standard, you can pick from that isle and they usually have bigger cars on that isle for you to pick from. I have even gotten a 7 passenger mini van on this isle. So don't pay more for Full Size.

Dang, I knew that but haven't rented from Alamo in a long time. Guess I'll check that rate as well although I don't think it was that much less.

Thanks!!!!

Congrats

Not for me, have been running multiple codes, adjusting times and have auto-slash monitor in place for my dates 7/1 - 7/7

Priceline best was $190 yesterday, but $40 savings not worth it to me to stand in line @ terminal, which has taken up to an hour in the past for me.

Did you check using carrentalsavers.com? That is where I got a lower Alamo rate. It didn't show up on autoslash or on the alamo website. I agree about skipping Priceline - I can't stand using the rental counter in the terminal.

Did you check using carrentalsavers.com? That is where I got a lower Alamo rate. It didn't show up on autoslash or on the alamo website. I agree about skipping Priceline - I can't stand using the rental counter in the terminal.

Yep, usually my first go-round each time i check, then i go forth to provider website with other codes/coupons to try and ‘beat them’.

It must be my dates as i’ve been able to replicate lower rates as posted here. Changing times & even dropping lopping off a day either end of rental, not budging it. sometimes works when nothing else does.

Really not unexpected, 4th of July is crazy busy, they don’t need to discount the cars as much. Even hotwire is still high

I always check dolphin & CCC but far too lazy to do the DTD area hotels.

Congrats

You know Alamo has a kiosk. NO LINE WAIT!

Over the years I've tried just about every car rental site. Almost always I cannot find a better rate than Costco with the exception that Hotwire Hotrates occasionally is lower but must pay in advance. In late Aug. I'll be traveling to Portland. Once again, Costco is lowest. AutoSlash and others are same or higher.

I've been watching our prices for a standard through Alamo at MCO for July 2-12. Our original price is $380 and prices went high. They are starting to come back down ($422 now), but was really hoping to get it down around $200-250. Just waiting to see....

Hotwire is currently $304 but you have to pay in advance and cannot cancel.

yup the "drive happy deal" is staying steady at $178 for 7/2 to 7/6. We have been so lucky in the past with getting something way bigger than a compact. Hope our luck holds out. :banana:

Or two of us will be on Tragical Express... ;);)

You know Alamo has a kiosk. NO LINE WAIT!

Of course, my reference to priceline was Avis product. When it was bidding we tended to wind up with Hertz, even longer lines most times over the years.

I do miss bidding, almost always could snag a great last minute deal that offset the wait on line

My dates bumped up a bit today.

I booked a mid-size with Dollar from the 7th to the 10th on Thursday for $95 on their website with the AAA discount. Looked again last night and it was up to $145. Just crazy how the prices fluctuate so much! I’m very happy with the price I have. DH is a bit annoyed, as I promised we would do Magical Express to save money. I just kept imagining waiting for the buses in the July heat and had to get the rental car!

Does anyone use payless? I'm renting from 7/15-7/20 for $136.04 total at Doubletree hotel/Budget on Hotel Plaza Blvd. I"m wondering why you all don't use Payless and well, payless?

Just want to give an update on Payless located @ doubletree.
It was so close to Disney Springs we were in our car in less than 5 minutes. We got a Jeep for this price & they didn’t charge us any more than the agreed upon amount. Drop off was quick & easy as well. Very friendly service.
I was expecting an economy car for the price, we loved and he Jeep!
I’ll use them again next time

Last edited:
Never used them, but reading the boards seems they don’t get good reviews. But, I do think you can find bad reviews for every company.

Also, I think you have to take a shuttle instead of being in the terminal. But not 100% sure. We’ve always rented from Alamo with never a problem. I’m tentative going with Dollar having never used them, but I can’t beat the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter