July 2018 Car Rental Watch

I've been watching rental prices for the period of July 22 to July 29 (pickup at MCO and drop off in Port Canaveral). As per usual, as soon as I know that I'm going I'll start looking. It's been my experience that the price will reduce bit quite a bit as the date approaches. A few weeks ago, I was seeing $290 for a full size car with Alamo on the Costco site and really hoped it would drop. As of last week, the price jumped to $490!!!!! Anyone else notice this? Thanks goodness I have a reservation for $290 but why the sudden jump in price I wonder?

Once we're off our cruise, we have another rental from August 5th to 7th for $113... which has dropped from a few weeks ago.

We'd love to get an even better price. We have to pay this in CAD which adds quite a bit to it.

I've been watching rental prices for the period of July 22 to July 29 (pickup at MCO and drop off in Port Canaveral). As per usual, as soon as I know that I'm going I'll start looking. It's been my experience that the price will reduce bit quite a bit as the date approaches. A few weeks ago, I was seeing $290 for a full size car with Alamo on the Costco site and really hoped it would drop. As of last week, the price jumped to $490!!!!! Anyone else notice this?

Yes, we arrive July 29th for two weeks. We have a full size for about $450 US after a lot of work ages ago--and it's only getting worse now. We also expect to be able to find something better once we're closer, but like you I'm glad we have that "backup" reservation!

Yes, we arrive July 29th for two weeks. We have a full size for about $450 US after a lot of work ages ago--and it's only getting worse now. We also expect to be able to find something better once we're closer, but like you I'm glad we have that "backup" reservation!
If you're flying in to Orlando airport and using Alamo, heres a tip. Don't book Fullsize. Pick standard instead, which is cheaper. They do not have a FS isle, and you can sometimes find SUV's (like a Santa Fe) or Mini vans on this isle too. You can pick your own car.

Just found a price drop on National. I can't remember do I want Intermediate of Full Size at MCO?

Dollar rates dropped today for the first time in weeks. Debating now: Alamo mid size suv for 363 or Dollar full size car for 270. Which gives me more luggage space?

Dollar rates dropped today for the first time in weeks. Debating now: Alamo mid size suv for 363 or Dollar full size car for 270. Which gives me more luggage space?
I had the same dilemma. I did create a thread on it and had a few replies. I think DH preferred the SUV.

Booked directly with Alamo, 7/31-8/8, Standard Size SUV, on Jan 25
$480.41
EMA6DMJCRv3DOIaUfAwCrSwYCUmGMWkjZatSHYfZmwGsqu1wlyYaRGNhThsXBRH7j7ZMSvBIhSb06fzRS_ynWjiQMLh-OHESnIB_8a_OxlqjQU6SXz33zoKhm2uNrTQ2cFKBWUvSYjfB0fxQo7qlOqiT8QBB3nfxtBVFyyZmWV-chmbSYs2hscMgCL6CEQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Today, I searched using AutoSlash and found a listing on Priceline for Alamo
$439.93
Codes auto-populated:
Alamo Contract/Corporate ID: 7016350
Coupon Code: AD8698SDF
Booking Straight with Alamo using these codes was a higher cost ($20) and indicated "Visa" Corp and Save "$25 Off Your Rental" Code.

I signed up for Price Tracking with Auto Slash and I already received an update:
$395.75
Codes auto-populated:
Alamo Contract/Corporate ID: 7016136
Coupon Code: AD8698SDF
Booking Straight with Alamo using these codes was a higher cost ($20) and indicated "AMEX" Corp and Save "$25 Off Your Rental" Code.

I canceled the first price tracking and will sign up again for this conf# & cost since the service is already paying off. Hope this helps everyone on the hunt.
Hi - just wondering - did you use the 7016136 reservation here and did you have to use an AMEX when paying for the reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter